Author Topic: Cars 2: The Video Game Announced  (Read 2181 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Cars 2: The Video Game Announced
« on: February 14, 2011, 05:07:41 PM »

The developers behind the Toy Story 3 game will be behind the wheel for this upcoming Cars game.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25372

Disney Interactive Studios has announced today the upcoming release of Disney Pixar's Cars 2: The Video Game. The title was unveiled at the American International Toy Fair in New York. The game will be developed by the same team that handled last year's Toy Story 3 video game, Avalanche Software. With the film having a espionage theme, Cars 2: The Video Game will follow suit as players take control of characters from the film and participate in missions around the world. Racing will also be present in the title.

Cars 2: The Video Game will be released on all major platforms, including the Wii and DS, this summer.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline SilverQuilava

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Cars 2: The Video Game Announced
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 05:21:58 PM »
oh god..

Offline TheBlackCat

• Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 05:24:05 PM »
WHAT!?  A CG movie getting a video-game cash-in?  Who would have guessed?
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 06:03:41 PM »
Wait, I thought Disney Interactive said they were done doing retail releases?

Silver, the first Cars video game was actually pretty good.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 08:16:23 PM »
Oh look more shovelware. Excuse me while I don't give a damn.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 09:30:51 PM »
It's done by the guys who made Toy Story 3, which was by all accounts a very good licensed game. Not amazing, but a lot better than you'd expect. I don't give a crap about Cars 2, but I don't think this is shovelware and I don't think this will be a terrible game.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 01:14:21 AM »
Wait, I thought Disney Interactive said they were done doing retail releases?

Silver, the first Cars video game was actually pretty good.

I agree. The first Cars game (and its sequels) were pretty good for what they were. The problem with licensed games is that they rush them to market in order to hype up the movie or show. This means that the developers have no idea what the series is about and thus we have a product that LOOKS like the franchise, but doesn't play or even resembles the series.

The first Cars game did that. For once, it took the story seriously. It took place right after the end of the movie. It showed that the developers saw the movie and wanted to expand on it, rather than just slap the license onto a game engine. The characters were beautifully designed and I loved how interactive the game's world was. It truly did feel like you are playing in the Cars world as opposed to playing a bad game with the Cars license.

I doubt this new game is going to be like that, but considering they went back to a development house that did a good job the first time around I doubt it will be awful.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline TheBlackCat

• Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 04:24:45 PM »
It's obviously going to be goldeneye-style deathmatch multiplayer game with cars in place of people.
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin