Author Topic: Conduit 2 Multiplayer Footage  (Read 2889 times)

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
Conduit 2 Multiplayer Footage
« on: February 05, 2011, 02:13:24 PM »

Check out a variety of locations and modes played at Sega's recent community event.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/video/25071

Conduit 2's multiplayer features more of everything compared to the original, including more open spaces, more weapon customization, and more game modes. Shown here is just a sampling, with five rounds fought among the lucky few who attended Sega's Conduit 2 community event. Keep in mind that this was their first time playing. Check back with us for interviews and more coverage from the event.

Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Conduit 2 Multiplayer Footage
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 04:30:32 PM »
Looks pretty nice, aside from play that looks a bit sloppy to my eyes. Hopefully that's due to unfamiliarity to the game's controls and systems. Shame that the bounding box defaults to such a large space. Seeing a gun move around like that looks goofy.

EDIT: "Use of Wii Motion Plus ENABLED." Oh yeah! It's on now! The person playing definitely gets better as the videos goes on. The Wii Motion Plus seems to make the aiming control much smoother. One minor caveat I have so far is that is seems to take a long time to kill someone compared not just to games like Counterstrike and Call of Duty but also Unreal Tournament and Quake Live. I guess to could just be poor aim in these sessions since some kills from the scoped rifle looked quick enough.

Lastly, boo on the tea bagging! That's bad manners! :p
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:46:15 PM by Enner »

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 06:24:10 PM »

But... teabagging is the best part of multiplayer FPS!

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 11:00:06 AM »

But... teabagging is the best part of multiplayer FPS!

Maybe if you're some abusive teenager on Xbox Live... That tea bagging **** was never really all that common until Halo.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Scatt-Man

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 03:01:24 PM »
Regardless of annoying little shits on Xbox 'n CoD PC, this game looks absolute breasts! Reminds me of Time Splitters, or the obvious Unreal Tournament. A bit slower than the latter, but still looks like a tonne of more fun than Goldeneye gave me. I'll curse that game forever...shitty-arse controls no matter what option was selected. >_>

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 05:50:34 PM »
No, the best part of multiplayer FPS is runnin' and gunnin'. It's amazing how many recent shooters get that part horribly wrong, and I'm starting to worry that this game will soon be added to the bunch. But time will tell...

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 10:32:55 PM »
...this game looks absolute breasts!

Freudian slip?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 10:42:50 PM »
...this game looks absolute breasts!

Freudian slip?

South Park fan I guess. One episode had Cartman annoying other people by using "tits" as a way to describe how good something was (i.e. "That movie was tits" rather than "That movie was awesome").
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 11:46:02 PM »
It has nothing specifically to do with South Park; it's common non-American English slang.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 12:02:23 AM »
Yeah I've seen it. That makes sense I guess.

But tits are awesome because connotatively, you're referring to an awesome rack. But breasts? That's something doctors examine, cancer attacks, or babies feed on. I don't see the awesome in that.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 12:21:18 AM »
I think most of those maps look pretty nice.  I see that HVS spent extra time on little environmental details.  Notice that the foliage sways back and forth in reaction to the breeze/wind in the Lost City level - pretty cool.  It appears that the game engine is a lot more optimized in multiplayer than the prior game (as one would expect in a sequel).  Hopefully the visual downgrade from single player to multiplayer is not so jarring as in the prior game.  I read that the game supports post release patching and DLC.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 12:31:47 AM by Seacor »
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."