Author Topic: Anyone found a good SP case yet?  (Read 6510 times)

Offline Valatar

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Anyone found a good SP case yet?
« on: March 24, 2003, 12:25:37 PM »
I've got the common GBA case, the black one with the fold-over velcro flap that covers the GBA pocket and a zippered back pocket for games and cables.  It's wonderful.  Only now I have an SP, which would slide all over the place in that GBA-sized front pocket, so I'm looking for a new case.  Unfortunately, the only case I've seen for the SP from that same company is a dinky little thing with a wrist strap.  No belt loops, no space for games or cables.  Since the SP's paint scratches easily, I definitely want a nice soft case to hold it in, none of those plastic things that'll scratch it up.  So, has anyone found anything that fits the bill yet?

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 01:00:03 PM »
Er...that same GBA case works fine for me.  I just stuff some games in next to the system and it doesn't slide around at all.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline dafunkk12

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 02:02:11 PM »
I found [ this auction ] on eBay for four different styles of cases (searched for "gameboy sp case").  They're only for the system itself, so no space for games, but at least you all can see some of the options available.  Also MadCatz has a plastic holster for extra-fast take-out-ability-ness-dom-othersuffix [ EBGames.com link ] and a metal PDA-style case with a slot for one game (sells in kit with car adapter, earbuds, and power/headphones Y-splitter) [ EBGames.com link ].

Moral of the story....nothing like what you want.

Offline novastar512

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 03:24:24 PM »
just use a crown royal bag.  Plus I'm under age...

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 03:41:19 PM »
A felt bag, like the kind you get at Wizards of the Coast or a similar store, works great.

A caution to those of you who might buy a holster-style case -- i had a couple for my cell phone, and it got knocked around a lot. If you're going to get one of those style cases, it's better to have one that covers the SP versus one where you just snap the SP into it.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline Jollus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2003, 06:11:02 PM »
I am going to get a hold of a Crown Royal bag and keep my SP in there.

(I totally missed that post up there.  You took my idea!)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2003, 10:51:49 AM »
personally i like the looks of the new mad catz armorcase sp.

i haven't gotten my hands on one yet, but i plan to unless i find something else that looks better.  i prefer a hard case as opposed to a soft one.  i'd like to keep it small (don't need room for power cords and 28 games, etc).  although i would't mind storage for 1 or 2 gba games.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2003, 12:41:39 PM »

that thing looks friggin awesome!

Offline Jirachi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2003, 04:52:19 AM »
If I see the armor case in a store i'll pick it up, but for now, I'm using my pokemon center ny case.

Offline David G

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2003, 02:45:20 PM »

Originally posted by: dafunkk12
I found [ this auction ] on eBay for four different styles of cases (searched for "gameboy sp case").  They're only for the system itself, so no space for games, but at least you all can see some of the options available.  Also MadCatz has a plastic holster for extra-fast take-out-ability-ness-dom-othersuffix [ EBGames.com link ] and a metal PDA-style case with a slot for one game (sells in kit with car adapter, earbuds, and power/headphones Y-splitter) [ EBGames.com link ].

Moral of the story....nothing like what you want.

I just ordered that case in the auction from play-asia.com for 4.99.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2003, 11:21:45 AM »
as i said before...

anyone have one of these bad boys?  can anyone tell me how much they cost, quality/specs of the product, etc?

does anyone know a website that is doing a side-by-side comparison of different gba sp carrying cases?  is pgc doing one?

lastly, anyone have any idea is nintendo will be releasing an offical carrying case, and if so, when?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2003, 04:39:37 PM »
i was hoping for something that doesn't have a game slot too, i have my old GBA case so i dont particularly need one, i just want like a stylin Leather case with a flap and button to hold the sp and KEEP ITS PORTABLE NATURE
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2003, 05:36:12 PM »
Arr matey, I want the mad catz too, that looks tight as hell.
"Just a little gift from your friendly nieghborhood evil doer." - Me.

~ If you like serious, good quality Zelda rpgs, AIM HeroPiccolo and I'll give you a link. ~

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2003, 04:40:50 AM »

i just want like a stylin Leather case with a flap and button to hold the sp and KEEP ITS PORTABLE NATURE

in that case, you should check out the stylin mad catz execucase sp.  it sounds right up your alley.

[and no, i don't work for mad catz.  i swear.]

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2003, 08:14:36 AM »

does anyone know a website that is doing a side-by-side comparison of different gba sp carrying cases?

looks like i can answer my own question....

here's a review of the mad catz macro kit sp [which i'm pretty sure includes the armorcase sp], direct to you from ign.com.  link

here's a review of the mad catz execucase sp, also from ign.com.  link

i'm a little sad to see the armorcase sp isn't all i had hoped for.  perhaps i had better keep shopping for a case.  

Offline yeg0

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2003, 06:35:24 PM »
Put in the charger and your good to go.
-yeg0

"HENSHIN-A-GO-GO, BABY!"

Offline novastar512

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2003, 12:46:07 PM »
I found this new case from pelican, they don't have it on their web site.  But it is leather and looks like it fits around it snug, and looks very soft on the inside(something fluffy).  Basically only the back portion of the SP shows.  

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2003, 08:28:15 AM »
hate to bring up old topics, but anyone found a good case yet?  the one from nintendo look too much like a case for my disc man.   i'm getting sick of looking.  i'm almost considering making my own.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2003, 06:51:11 AM »
Best buy has a really nice case. It is soft and fits the SP perfectly and has room for two additional games plus one game can be in the SP. It was like $7. They have a few different cases for SP, but the best one is the same size as the SP and is zippered around three sides. Open it up and set the SP in and Zip it up. Very convenient and will keep it from getting scratched up.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline akumabison

• View Profile
RE:Anyone found a good SP case yet?
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2004, 03:11:14 PM »
i ordered an ArmorCase i will post a review here about it soon

Offline akumabison

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2004, 04:47:37 PM »
Well my first impressions were that it was crappy, the games were impossible to take out and the case was too large. But after using it for awhile it was well worth the $9 I paid for it. The games get easier to take out when you keep putting them in and out (I still don't have an SP), The case is very strong and i dropped it from different places and there were no dents. I was still misleaded about the size as it is very large and won't fit in your pocket.

Also, I think IGN got a defective product, as my hinges and the lock thing are very good and it stayed shut during all of the times I dropped it. The case can hold 2 games +1 game in the SP. You can fit 3 games in the space easily but it doesnt look as good. But it will stay in place.

Reccommended.

Offline akumabison

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2004, 04:52:16 PM »
Well my first impressions were that it was crappy, the games were impossible to take out and the case was too large. But after using it for awhile it was well worth the $9 I paid for it. The games get easier to take out when you keep putting them in and out (I still don't have an SP), The case is very strong and i dropped it from different places and there were no dents. I was still misleaded about the size as it is very large and won't fit in your pocket.

Also, I think IGN got a defective product, as my hinges and the lock thing are very good and it stayed shut during all of the times I dropped it. The case can hold 2 games +1 game in the SP. You can fit 3 games in the space easily but it doesnt look as good. But it will stay in place.

Reccommended.