Author Topic: Metroid Prime Hunters Adds Online  (Read 9578 times)

Offline NotSoStu

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Metroid Prime Hunters Adds Online
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2005, 10:21:03 PM »
While I'm still sorta pissed that they aren't going to focus on single player stuff, this is still great news.
i haven't used this in years why is it the second result when you search my name asdfadsfasfa

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2005, 10:38:15 PM »
Ian and Stevey are best parts of the board, without a doubt.

I wonder if every bounty hunter is going to have a morph ball type ability? That seems like a bit of stretch.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2005, 11:55:54 PM »
If the delay was really just because of online they're probably adding more rigorous testing and anti-cheat measures as well as a way to hold the inevitable patches. Playing locally is a lot less problematic in terms of cheats becaue you can always go over and smack the cheater. I believe they didn't really plan to add a full singleplayer mode or some parts of the game were lacking.

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2005, 12:10:01 AM »
I don't think that all the characters having a morph ball mode is stretching it any further than fighting insectoid space pirates who are led by a giant brain that wants to rule the galaxy by using floating parasitic clawed bubbles.

But then again that could just be me
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE:Metroid Prime Hunters Adds Online
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2005, 07:00:26 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Ian and Stevey are best parts of the board, without a doubt.

I wonder if every bounty hunter is going to have a morph ball type ability? That seems like a bit of stretch.

as far as I know, and based on the intro videos, yes, every character has its own morph ball mode. I find that very nice actually.

And what makes this boards great is the Bill-Ian dynamics, they cancel each other out, making this the most objective forum Ive ever been into, stevey is just the comic relief  
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2005, 07:16:48 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy

Nope, each bounty hunter has a form of the morphball...One such hunter morphs into a pillbug-like creature, another into a spinning top with spikes, etc...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2005, 07:23:34 AM »
Hmm, well I long as morph ball is just part of the game and they don't try to explain it too much. It sometimes irritates me when they try to explain video game mechanics in  the game's storyline. "This is why you have a special move power-up meter, this is why you have extra lives" etc.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2005, 10:47:46 PM »
This is definately good news, though I may not get Hunters I realize it is a great move by Nintendo. Speaking of Ian I think he is someone that has what I call "Crying wolf syndrome" where all he can do is complain to the point of no one paying attention to him (even if some of his complaints have merit), but when something good happens he is out of his zone since he can't cry wolf.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2005, 01:17:02 AM »
The story about the boy who cried wolf had the wolf appear for real later on and noone believed the kid when he once again cried "the wolf is here!". Got nothing to do with "something good happening".

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2005, 11:11:05 PM »
Um that was my point about Ian and people like him, they cry wolf so much when something truly bad occrus no one is going to take it seriously! They get so caught up in complaining about everything when something good does happen they are no where to be seen, there is no wolf to call for!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2005, 01:27:07 AM »
They get so caught up in complaining about everything when something good does happen they are no where to be seen, there is no wolf to call for!

But that's a completely different point!