Author Topic: Is the Dennis Dyack that posts here the real deal?  (Read 3536 times)

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Is the Dennis Dyack that posts here the real deal?
« on: March 09, 2003, 07:03:10 PM »
Just wanting to know.  This guy had everyone convinced in a post I was reading on this board that he was really the Dennis Dyack of Silicon Knights fame.  Now really why would someone do something like that.  They will just get hounded with questions.  If Nintendo was actually listening to us gamers then they wouldn't have such a difficult time marketing their products.  I refer you all to the Sunshine Comercial.  Why didn't Nintendo push Eternal Darkness.  I saw no advertising for the game.  No hype.  No marketing blitz.  No attempt to show that Nintendo really is for gamers of all ages.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 07:06:05 PM »
Yes, that was the real Denis Dyack.  Denis belives quite strongly in communicating with the fans and getting feedback on the games they make.  Not to mention that he's just an all -round cool guy.  

Of course, silly Denis didn't tell me he was stopping by, so I didn't think to change his "title" accordingly.  That's been fixed.  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline CijaroDSK

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2003, 08:20:07 PM »
I think its great that he gives people the chance to follow up his posts with "yUo R teh SuX0r!"

Classic, but unlikely.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2003, 08:38:19 PM »
yea i salute him for visiting the forums and keeping in touch with the fans.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2003, 02:11:20 AM »
Damn. Now Denis can be anyone. Or anyone can be Denis......

I think that he doesn't even need to post on the forums. Just one look at any thread about ED is enough to get feedback, and looking at the Too Human or Silicon Knights threads would be enough to see what gamers would like in their upcoming games.

It is cool to see that the game development staff of Nintendo are among us.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 02:16:58 AM »
Denis came to the IGN boards all the time when I was there- haven't really amde an effort to post there reguraly in over a year though.

But I think you'll know Denis when you see him. For one, he'll most likely be the only one with the suer name DenisDyack. He'll also be the only one talking bout Silicon Knights games like he made them, because he did.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2003, 05:30:17 AM »

Originally posted by: nemo_83
Just wanting to know.  This guy had everyone convinced in a post I was reading on this board that he was really the Dennis Dyack of Silicon Knights fame.  Now really why would someone do something like that.  They will just get hounded with questions.
TV producers for Babylon5 (J.Michael Straczynski) and Farscape read and answer questions on the net.  So too do many novelists like Peter David.  I even spoke to Majel Roddenberry (Star Trek) online.  So, why is it so difficult to believe a programmer would come online and speak to people?

Offline JP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2003, 05:55:47 AM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker
Denis came to the IGN boards all the time when I was there- haven't really amde an effort to post there reguraly in over a year though.

But I think you'll know Denis when you see him. For one, he'll most likely be the only one with the suer name DenisDyack. He'll also be the only one talking bout Silicon Knights games like he made them, because he did.

Yeah, same for me about the IGN boards. When they went IGNorant-sider, I bailed. I would have even understood if you had to join to post, but no, they make us pay to read. Not doing that. I miss reading and responding to Dennis there, but he stops by here now, so that's real cool. I was elated when he actually quoted one of my posts to respond to here.
JP

Offline The_Gannondork

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2003, 09:24:57 AM »
What kind of complete lifeless idiot would post as someone they are not? I dont know maybe i've been living under a rock for a while because the thought just gives me shivers down my spin. So, anyway if Rick says he is, I think theirs a bit of truth in it. And the fact that not every single person on the internet is a stupid liar will justify it as well.

Btw, all the "i loev u Dennsi U R RoXoRz" has probably scared him away  
HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH

Foolish boy, Do you even know who i am?

I am Gannondork, and one day I will rule the world!

Offline DrForester

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2003, 09:37:05 AM »
I got a very brief chance to meet Dennis at E3 2001.  He's a very nice guy and was right out there on the show floor getting imput from fans playing the Eternal Darkness Demo.
"I see you've decided to go psycho.....godspeed"

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2003, 12:15:35 PM »
It is definatly nice to have some communication with the guys making the games, however brief.