Author Topic: lol japan sales gamecube owns xbox but its not the only 1  (Read 10312 times)

Offline Agent

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
lol japan sales gamecube owns xbox but its not the only 1
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2003, 05:17:24 AM »
I know, I just find it disturbing the this some how makes people feel better for some reason. Maybe becuase up until xbox came out in Japan, gc was doing badly in japan, but having xbox there made them look good, without actually improving.  

Offline TheOnionMan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2003, 01:57:25 PM »
Ok you took my statement a little wrong.  I didn't really mean the stuff about gaming if you are older but you guys seem pretty insecure about it since you flamed me like hell after I said it.    I was pretty pissed at teh time and I wanted to say STFU about all this crap box, kiddy Cube, whatever stuff.  So I am sorry if you misinterpreted my message. I personally, am a huge Nintendo fanboy looking forward to the WW and the Capcom 5.  LOL that "b]I do not need some self-righteous little kid like yourself telling me what activities I am too old for. I pity you if you truly think that once your 16, 18 or 21 you suddenly "mature" and are supposed to cease all activites deemed to be childish." thingy made me laugh till I almost crapped my pants.  

Some people are just goobers..

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2003, 04:10:58 PM »

I know, I just find it disturbing the this some how makes people feel better for some reason. Maybe becuase up until xbox came out in Japan, gc was doing badly in japan, but having xbox there made them look good, without actually improving.

http://humanities.byu.edu/elc/student/idioms/idioms/images/hit_nail_on_head.jpg

Offline The_Gannondork

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2003, 07:57:34 PM »
OnionKid, Shut the fuk up asshole your completely off topic.
HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH

Foolish boy, Do you even know who i am?

I am Gannondork, and one day I will rule the world!

Offline TimeToDie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2003, 04:40:48 AM »
yes now gamecube is doing better in eurpope can anyone say xbox is dead.......ok they are not dead because they have billions of millions but u can now say that gamecube is here to stay and not going the way of dreamcast lol hahahahahahahaha bring on the ff:cc then gc might get close to ps2 then take over the world

P.S. run on sentences brought to u by ttd

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2003, 04:58:47 AM »

Originally posted by: theaveng

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
Yeah, I have always wondered how much of Sony's "userbase" is actually non-unique.  It's a pretty well known fact that there aren't many people who have only used a single PSX machine.  Most people I know have had to replace their PSX at LEAST once.  The PS2 isn't much better.  I am willing to bet that at least 25% of Sony's userbase simply does not exist.
This thread http://www.psxnation.com/Forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=5045854a2d00d6f301000d25c0781f01;act=ST;f=1;t=1923 proves you wrong.  At the time I wrote this message, 80% of PS2 owners still have their original system.

I wouldn't say it proved him wrong, rather, it shows his numbers were slightly off.  There isn't that much difference between 20% and 25% especially when you account for the margin of error if there were one, and most likely there is.
it was time for a change.

Offline TheOnionMan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2003, 02:09:16 PM »
Whoa slow down there big boy. Don't have a pissy fit and flame me Gannondork, you stupid asshole. Don't be so ignorant...I was trying to be nice with my last post.  *TRIES TO BE ON TOPIC NOW*    Yes, my friend has never had to replcae his Ps2. He dosn't take the best care of it either...     And even though I want the Xbox to fail I don't think it will no matter how much Microsoft loses.  They have way to much money and they can supply as much money for advertisements etc as they want.

Yum?
Some people are just goobers..

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2003, 05:03:42 PM »
2003 could yeild either interesting results for nintendo, or possibly could plod along at the same possition happy in the knowledge they are still being very profitable, "the capcom 5" (i hate saying thigs like that for some reason) could sway some xbox/ps2/pc owners to pick up a cube possibly more than any other title in the release schedual (im ignoring zelda for the reason that you either love it or you dont, and would only pull old nintedo fans back rather than convert new ones (strictly my opinion))

nintendo will allways beat an american company in its homeland, just the way of the world

/me wanders off topic for a moment

hush wee onion best advise i can give you is 1# older gamers own (/me recalls a recent topic where i discovered the majority of this forum's users are 20-30) 2# dont retaliate, just leads to ghey l4m3 flame warefare, which ive not seen on this forum, and damn glad about it too  

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2003, 02:52:03 AM »

Originally posted by: Marcus Arillius

Originally posted by: theaveng

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
Yeah, I have always wondered how much of Sony's "userbase" is actually non-unique.  It's a pretty well known fact that there aren't many people who have only used a single PSX machine.  Most people I know have had to replace their PSX at LEAST once.  The PS2 isn't much better.  I am willing to bet that at least 25% of Sony's userbase simply does not exist.
This thread http://www.psxnation.com/Forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=5045854a2d00d6f301000d25c0781f01;act=ST;f=1;t=1923 proves you wrong.  At the time I wrote this message, 80% of PS2 owners still have their original system.

I wouldn't say it proved him wrong, rather, it shows his numbers were slightly off.  There isn't that much difference between 20% and 25% especially when you account for the margin of error if there were one, and most likely there is.

Damn it Marcus, I was about to post that and you beat me to it LOL Anyway when you consider the number of PS2s Sony has sold. 20% is a lot of systems. They've sold like 15 million PS2s in the US that would mean that only 12 million were still working.....

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."