Author Topic: Amazing Deals!  (Read 1049968 times)

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals!
« Reply #3050 on: July 17, 2016, 06:19:50 PM »
Curve Digital sale on the eShop right now.  Lone Survivor, Nova-111, OlliOlli, Pumped BMX+, The Swapper, and Thomas Was Alone for WiiU and OlliOlli and Titan Attacks! for 3DS are all on sale for $1 until 7/22.  Not only that but you get gold My Nintendo coins based on the regular price, so if there's anything available on My Nintendo that you want, this sale is a steal.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals for 3DS, DS & GBA
« Reply #3051 on: September 06, 2016, 10:50:38 AM »
Hey Canada
Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS) is on sale right now at both Amazon.ca and BestBuy.ca for $29.99 (down from $49.99)
Best Buy says their sale ends Sept 8. Amazon's price will probably end then too, if not earlier.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3052 on: September 06, 2016, 04:49:34 PM »
Same with Yo-Kai Watch and Fire Emblem Fates (either retail version).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: September 07, 2016, 10:32:32 AM »
damn, I've been waiting for a discount on Yo-Kai Watch. I really want to play it. But I also wanted it digital on my system. And DQVII is coming out in a little over a week. So I might have to pass on Yo-Kai right now but I may regret that later.
Too Many Games.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: September 07, 2016, 12:11:04 PM »
The Fire Emblem Fates deal interests me. It's almost a 2 games for one price which is what I was kind of waiting for on that once I was unable to come close to securing the special edition all-the-games-in-one bundle.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: September 07, 2016, 12:43:43 PM »

Amazon also has a pretty appealing price for SEGA 3D Classics Collection right now, at $25 CAD.
Probably more niche appeal than some of the others listed, but a bargain if this is your type of game.

Hey Canada
Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS) is on sale right now at both Amazon.ca and BestBuy.ca for $29.99 (down from $49.99)
Best Buy says their sale ends Sept 8. Amazon's price will probably end then too, if not earlier.

Ugh... I want this one.  Keen on getting the game, and even though I'd rather own on console it sounds like this version is actually the better purchase?  It does seem like a good price, especially with so many games being more expensive in Canada lately.

Sadly, my budget just doesn't support it right now after being on a game buying binge recently (and with the latest Dragon Quest 3DS remake coming soon via preorder). On the upside, I'm still putting off a New 3DS purchase even though my 3DS XL hinge has officially busted. Not buying this game makes that delay even easier.

The Fire Emblem Fates deal interests me. It's almost a 2 games for one price which is what I was kind of waiting for on that once I was unable to come close to securing the special edition all-the-games-in-one bundle.

I'm still bitter about missing the all-in-one cart. Getting content via DLC isn't the end of the world, but having everything on a cart properly would have been HUGELY preferable for me and I was willing to pay for that privilege... just not given any opportunity outside of paying huge markup to second-hand scalpers.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 12:48:03 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3056 on: September 07, 2016, 05:39:35 PM »

Remember, it's cheaper and easier to just buy one and download the other two if it comes to it.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: September 07, 2016, 06:00:03 PM »
$30 is an amazing deal for Fire Emblem Fates in Canada. I'm actually a bit surprised to see them hit that price in a sale so quickly.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3058 on: September 21, 2016, 10:59:37 PM »
I wouldn't call this an amazing deal per se, but there's a game that is honest-to-god free on the North American eShop right now: The First Skunk Bundle.

Claiming this (and then cancelling the download) will give 30 My Nintendo gold coins, which can be cashed in toward an actual good game like noted AM2R demake Metroid 2: Return of Samus (the best Metroid game ever).
Tutorial box out.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: November 24, 2016, 05:10:34 PM »
In preparation for the upcoming Switch, though some of you might be interesting in this:

SanDisk 200GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I/Class 10 Memory Card with Adapter, Speed Up to 90MB/s
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820173111

only 4 days left

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: November 24, 2016, 05:16:15 PM »
Do we know for a fact what size SD card the Switch takes?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: November 24, 2016, 05:44:03 PM »
Do we know for a fact what size SD card the Switch takes?

People are still unsure if Bethesda made a game that will actually release on the Switch.
so No, we don't. It's a gamble, but I'm sure you'll be able to use a 200GB microSD card somewhere else if necessary

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: November 24, 2016, 06:57:32 PM »
If you have a microSD card you could always stick it in an adaptor if it uses the regular size cards.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: November 24, 2016, 07:01:51 PM »
it actually comes w/ an adapter, so I guess you are covered either way.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3065 on: November 24, 2016, 07:06:46 PM »
Pretty good idea if the big multiplayer games (Smash, Kart, Splatoon) are all coming out in the launch window.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: November 24, 2016, 07:15:03 PM »
I just ordered one, so thanks for the heads up.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3067 on: November 24, 2016, 07:15:40 PM »
Yeah, me too.  Thanks, dude.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: November 28, 2016, 05:05:44 AM »
Amazon Canada has a few deals today:

Twilight Princess Wii U with Wolf Link Amiibo is on sale for $49.99.

Star Fox Zero (With Star Fox Guard, I'm assuming based on the picture) is on sale for $44.99.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is on sale for $34.99.

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is on sale for $34.99. (Although going by the reviews of this game, I'm not sure it is worth it even at that price.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:16:00 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3069 on: November 28, 2016, 07:34:53 AM »
They're matching Best Buy for all of those, btw.
Tutorial box out.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: November 28, 2016, 03:53:27 PM »
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE already sold out on Amazon.ca but still available at BestBuy.ca

But it is one penny short of qualifying for free shipping and there is nothing else I want to buy and I'm not paying an additional $11 just for shipping. Probably gonna give it a pass.

This game will come to Switch anyway, right  ;)
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: November 28, 2016, 05:23:00 PM »
This game will come to Switch anyway, right  ;)

LOL nicely played.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: November 28, 2016, 05:38:57 PM »
Buy a pack of gum or some batteries maybe. For myself, I decided to take the gamble on Tokyo Mirage Sessions at that price plus the lowering of Star Fox Zero was an acceptable price threshold I was willing to take it as well so my shipping was covered that way. I would have loved to see it $5.00 less and into the $30's range since I doubt it will ever get to the $23.00 price like lolmonade posted it did for the US earlier. Still, for being that close and the savings from the reduced TMS, I decided to pull the trigger on them both.

At this point, the only major Wii U games I'm looking to add to my collection are Paper Mario Color Splash and Zelda: BotW. There are others I'm on the lookout for like Sonic: Lost World, Game & Wario or Ducktales Remastered, for instance. If I acquire them at a good price, great. If not, I'm not going to be regret it. Plenty of other stuff I still should and could play anyways.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: January 19, 2017, 04:46:40 PM »
BestBuy is offering $25 off $100+ BestBuy.com Visa Checkout purchases*.  You can't buy Nintendo eShop cards and it's only for US customers**:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/visa-checkout/pcmcat748300659335.c?id=pcmcat748300659335

From the website:
    *Online offer valid through 01/21/17 at 11:59 p.m. CT or while supplies last and is only available in the U.S. when displayed on this page. Discounts not available on gift and prepaid card purchases, and/or services purchased and/or taxes paid. Excludes Amazon streaming players; Amazon Echo products; Google Home; Google Chromecast and Chromecast Audio; Google Wifi; BoseĀ® audio products; Sonos; Polk Audio; Denon; select Samsung home audio, TVs, Blu-ray and DVD players; Sony audio, TVs and 3D glasses, Blu-ray and DVD players, and set-top boxes; select LG TVs and Blu-ray players; subscription software services; GoPro cameras and accessories; digital music services and download cards; select Dyson products; Pacific Sales products; and all Magnolia Home Theater products. No cash value. Limit 1 offer per customer. We may terminate this promotion at any time without notice. Discount will be automatically applied to a qualifying BestBuy.com purchase of $100 or more when you select Visa Checkout as your only payment method. All digital items require you to sign up for or sign in to a BestBuy.com account.

Edit: **There is some ambiguity in the first line of the disclaimer, so hopefully non-US residents can take advantage too. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:48:43 PM by rygar »

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: January 28, 2017, 04:15:10 PM »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.