Author Topic: Amazing Deals!  (Read 1053137 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals!
« Reply #3000 on: June 07, 2015, 11:00:09 AM »
Watch_Dogs for $12.99 brand new at Best Buy (today only)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/watch-dogs-for-select-gaming-consoles-141004
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals for 3DS, DS & GBA
« Reply #3001 on: June 11, 2015, 03:54:42 AM »
Wasn't sure where to post but pass on the info to all. I noticed Nintendo's store website has new 3DS charging cradles in stock for sale

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod560458
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: June 11, 2015, 08:36:56 PM »
Code Name: STEAM is $13 this weekend at EBGames Canada. https://www.ebgames.ca/3DS/Games/719081/code-name-steam

Out of stock online, but available in stores.

I picked it up along with their Splatoon bundle: Buy Splatoon and get a Pro controller for 50% off.

Haha... came here to post this deal, only to find I'm too late. Pretty sweet if you have any interest in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. or collecting first-party 3DS games on the cheap.   ;D

Thanks for sharing!

haha yes, I had been meaning to pick up the game for a while, so I was super happy to find out about the deal and a copy in stores! Agreed with Phil that it's definitely worth it.

Hope you were able to get one for your collection, too :D

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: July 09, 2015, 12:43:38 AM »
I'm back with another deal!

$54.99 for Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth: The Wild Cards Premium Edition - Nintendo 3DS:
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KVRK39A

List Price:   CDN$ 89.99
Price:   CDN$ 54.99
You Save:   CDN$ 35.00 (39%)

Making the Premium Edition only $15 more than the regular version. I don't know if this LE was actually ever $90...? Hope not.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: July 13, 2015, 05:21:08 PM »
GameStop's doing a summer offer for New 3DS: $100 with trade-in of any 3DS model or Vita through 7/26 (current ad only runs through the 19th).

I asked about this at my local GameStop, though, and he told me that...yes...you have to trade-in your power cable & then buy another one for $10 because...Nintendo. Also, I was told that you had to do the data transfer in-store, so...bullshit.

Source
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: July 13, 2015, 08:14:10 PM »
I asked about this at my local GameStop, though, and he told me that...yes...you have to trade-in your power cable & then buy another one for $10 because...Nintendo.

How is it Nintendo's fault that GameStop requires you to include the AC Adaptor or that GS requires you to buy another one?  Both of those sound like GameStop's fault to me...?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:15:51 PM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3006 on: July 13, 2015, 08:18:44 PM »
Because the New 3DS doesn't come with a replacement one.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: July 13, 2015, 08:23:25 PM »
That doesn't  explain how it is GameStop's fault for requiring you to trade in the old one or requiring you to purchase another one from them for $10...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: July 13, 2015, 08:24:36 PM »
That doesn't  explain how it is GameStop's fault for requiring you to trade in the old one or requiring you to purchase another one from them for $10...

Because otherwise they can't resell the old 3DS as a complete unit. Nintendo could also not charge $10 for a goddamn power cable that, before New 3DS, was included in the box anyway.  And, incidentally, GameStop doesn't require you to buy that $10 power cable. It's just that your play time with your New 3DS will be a lot shorter without it.  ::)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: July 13, 2015, 08:29:25 PM »
A.) They could sell it without the cable.  I traded in my cell phone and didn't have to bring the power cable.
B.)Nintendo sells ac adapters on their webstore for $5.  You can buy third party cables cheaper than that.  And that's if you even *need* one.  I could trade in and I'd still have multiple cables at home - which is why I don't understand how it's Nintendo's fault that GameStop is requiring you to buy one from them for $10.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: July 13, 2015, 08:32:00 PM »
Ah.  So you're not required to buy one from them to take advantage of this deal.  That makes more sense.

Although the idea that "it used to be included...." is a pretty thin complaint.  I used to get allowance from my mother.  I guess I should call her tomorrow and tell her she owes me for 20 years of back-allowance because she *used* to give it to me.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: July 13, 2015, 09:09:53 PM »
Although the idea that "it used to be included...." is a pretty thin complaint.

The power cable is required to charge the New 3DS. Without it, you CAN'T use it more than 10 hours, tops. So yeah, it should be included in the box as it always has been, as was discussed ad nauseum back when Nintendo announced the goddamn thing.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: July 13, 2015, 09:22:01 PM »

The power cable is required to charge the New 3DS. Without it, you CAN'T use it more than 10 hours, tops. So yeah, it should be included in the box as it always has been, as was discussed ad nauseum back when Nintendo announced the goddamn thing.

Without a power source, you cannot use it for more than 10 hours either.  Maybe they should include a generator.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: July 13, 2015, 09:59:32 PM »

Without a power source, you cannot use it for more than 10 hours either.  Maybe they should include a generator.

Man, you're really bending over backwards to find a way to defend Nintendo when no other company in the industry sells an electronic device that uses a rechargeable battery & proprietary cable w/out the cable to charge it.  Fine, I get it: you own tons of crap so you're part of the 1% Nintendo designed that thing for. The rest of us? When I get rid of a device, I get rid of all of it. I don't have piles of spare proprietary charging cables just lying around just waiting to give Nintendo a pass the next time they **** up.

Between the cable business & Gamestop's own special nonsense with not allowing a window for data transfer, I guess this will be the second time I have to pass on this offer (they had a similar one at launch).

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: July 13, 2015, 10:14:47 PM »
I'm more inclined to blame the transfer issue on Nintendo rather than GameStop.  Although it'd make much more sense for GameStop to do something where you can bring in your receipt from buying the new system and your old system and get cash back, the ack-bassward way of data transfer and such is all on Nintendo.

Not sure what definition of proprietary you're using, but since the cables are manufactured by several different companies (I bought a no-name USB charging cable from Amazon for $2) and works with five different products released over a span of seven years that has sold more than a couple of units over that time... I'm not sure that counts as "proprietary".

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: July 16, 2015, 03:04:16 AM »
Maaaannnnnn. I came here for deals. Broodwars can't even post a deal without a dig at Nintendo. C'mon! Moreover, his facts aren't even right making the whole thing even more unforgivable. I remember when the New 3DS launched as I went to a Gamestop that morning in the hopes of getting UncleBob a limited edition Majora's Mask game. While there, people were trading in their old 3DS's for a New 3DS. (Like a bunch of suckers! Keep your old 3DS's and streetpass yourself. Duh!) While standing in line, I had to listen to the clerks give a few customers the whole spiel on how Gamestop was allowing them two days to hold on to their old 3DS systems to do the system transfer and then hand over the system. I have a feeling it is a case of Gamestop employees just not being trained or knowing company policy. (It wouldn't be the first time someone has come across an uninformed Gamestop employee.) It often seems that different Gamestop stores do different things due to however the store is being run and how much they are keeping up with the company's directions.

If you still want to complain about the power cord not being included, go for it but the world moved on after Feb. 14, 2015 and no one talks about it anymore because, surprise, it was never as big a deal as the outraged internet tried to make it out to be. I'm not sure I ever weighed in on the whole Absent AC Adapter Armageddon Apocalypse but the way I see it is like this. The original 3DS cost $250.00 and came with the adapter. The New 3DS is $200. Let's say you also buy a high priced $15.00 adapter. That means it is still $35.00 less than when the original 3DS launched. And there are sales and offers for the system from time to time so you could potentially save even more. It's a new more powerful system and it has been released at a lower cost than what an older less powerful system was released at. That's actually a step in the right direction.

But, someone might say, Nintendo sells the regular 3DS and 3DS XL at $170 and it comes with an adapter. Why are they so special? A couple reasons. One, they are made with older technology and with its mass production, the costs should be lower so that including the adapter is no big deal. Second, they are obsolete compared to the New 3DS. But there's only one exclusive New 3DS game, you say. Irrelevant. If you don't own a 3DS and were to buy a system, there is no reason to buy an old 3DS. The New 3DS is faster, better designed and has additional features that the old 3DS lacks. The only reason I ever hear is that some people like the smaller screens of a regular 3DS. While I have noticed a bit of a sharper look with the regular 3DS when comparing the two, I've still ended up being perfectly fine with the New 3DS's screen and use it regularly now while I haven't even played the regular 3DS for a couple months. With the New 3DS being the better choice to buy, why not give the old 3DS systems some sort of advantage by including the AC Adapter? Now it has a feature the New 3DS doesn't have. It's not much but apparently it is enough for some and may just help sell a few more of those older systems yet.

Now let's get some real deals in here.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 05:06:00 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: July 16, 2015, 07:36:44 AM »
That Gamestop deal is not worth bitching about. The Prime Day deal however...
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: July 16, 2015, 09:26:04 AM »
Have people noticed that the price for I've Got to Run on Wii U eShop is $0.01?
Pretty convenient timing given the recent guest appearance on RFN.

Oh, and the 3DS release is $0.13 (maybe slightly different in US).

Endless runner type games aren't really my thing... but it's hard to argue against the value here.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: July 16, 2015, 02:32:15 PM »
I do have .50 sitting in my eShop account. Might check them out at that price.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: July 16, 2015, 06:54:12 PM »
I do have .50 sitting in my eShop account. Might check them out at that price.

That was about what happened with me - with less than 20 cents in my account, this seemed like about the best deal that would pop up.

Interesting to note that the price dropped early for these games, before the normal Thursday eShop update. I guess that I should have just waited for the regular announcement to come out though.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3020 on: July 16, 2015, 09:08:09 PM »
Syrenne did that to memorialize Mr. Iwata.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: October 15, 2015, 08:57:03 AM »

Today only, Indigo.ca has Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U) for $22. Seems like a good price, eh?
https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/electronics/kirby-and-the-rainbow-curse/045496903497-item.html

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: November 10, 2015, 11:53:47 AM »
Bayonetta 2 (comes with Bayonetta 1) for $35 at Gamespot. 11/10/15

For Black Friday, Splatoon is $35 (or $29 with Gamer's Club discount) at BB.  Cheapest I seen it go in the NA.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: November 12, 2015, 12:11:33 AM »
Scratch that:

$25 Splatoon at Walwart for BF deal.

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: November 12, 2015, 09:48:19 PM »
Best Buy has eShop cards for 10% off right now.

Target has a buy 2 get 1 free sale going on through Saturday.  You can also get a 10% off coupon if you download their wishlist app and there's a 5 off 50 coupon that can be applied as well (TGTE2RSY).  There's also a 15% off coupon from their registry app that some people managed to use but it seems like a lot of people were having issues so I was happy with the 10% and $5 off, plus another $5 or so from the red card.  Can get 3 $60 games for just over $100 after tax, not bad, especially since so many Nintendo games never drop in price.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Party 10, and Snoopy's Grand Adventure are all $20 off on Black Friday at Toys R Us.