Author Topic: Fortnite Has Already Been Downloaded 2 Million Times on Nintendo Switch  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile

That's all in less than 24 hours of availability.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/47522/fortnite-has-already-been-downloaded-2-million-times-on-nintendo-switch

In less than a day, Fortnite on the Nintendo Switch has already accrued 2 million downloads. "Fortnite’s launch went extremely well," Nintendo of America Presdient Reggie Fils-Aime shared in an interview with Polygon, "we had more than 2 million downloads in less than 24 hours."

Fortnite is free-to-play, which can put into context the sheer willingness of so many to download the game. Nintendo World Report staff were no exception, as you can see from our latest video coverage of their in-game antics:

Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
2 million in one day is crazy. I will download it too and give it a try

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
How many of them are now screaming at Sony to release their accounts? (if you missed it: playing on the PS4 locks your Epic account and its purchases irrevocably to Sony and prevents you from using it on any other console)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Holy ****!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Being free will do that.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
I mean, I downloaded it just cause it's free and I'll see if I can get into it more untethered to my PC or a TV.

How many of them are now screaming at Sony to release their accounts? (if you missed it: playing on the PS4 locks your Epic account and its purchases irrevocably to Sony and prevents you from using it on any other console)

Yeah, I read about that.  It's one thing to not want to play nice by letting your players play with other platforms (even though I still think that's shitty), another thing entirely to bar letting a player link the damn epic account if you've ever linked your PS4.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
I was one of those people. Thankfully I never spent any actual money on the game (only got the free PS Plus and Twitch goodies) so it doesn't hurt me. But you never really want to make two accounts with two different emails, specially with a company like Epic who hasn't been very helpful with the theft and selling of Fortnite accounts and their lackadaisical approach to two-factor authentication.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
I downloaded it, but haven't tried it out yet. Too hooked on Skyrim and Rocket League.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net