Author Topic: Newest Smash Brothers DLC Character Announced  (Read 5460 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Newest Smash Brothers DLC Character Announced
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2015, 09:07:33 PM »
Epic soplier

My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2015, 09:29:51 PM »
Well, that's it.

Now we can no longer make fun of or discount any Smash Bros. rumour or personal Smash Bros character request as being too improbable or ludicrous to happen. Anything is now possible.

Iwata for Smash and a line of his own Amiibo. Iwata's back! In Amiibo form.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2015, 09:59:52 PM »
The Bunny from Nintendo Badge Store 4 Smash.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2015, 10:02:12 PM »
Evil Lucario for smash! And then the WORLD!
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2015, 10:03:29 PM »
Hitler for Smash.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2015, 10:05:09 PM »
I've already done that!
Buhahahaha!
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2015, 10:05:22 PM »
He's name is Villager!
Made you look ****.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2015, 11:14:37 PM »
Everyonce in awhile, Nintendo surprises everyone.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2015, 11:40:42 PM »
Ah, watching this live with a chat room was glorious.

I like this addition. Also, reminds me that I haven't put enough time in to Smash 4 for me to justify getting any of the new character DLC.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2015, 02:02:39 AM »
I really wish time travel was possible right now.  If only I could show my younger self and high school friends that in the future Sonic, Mega Man, Ryu and Cloud would all appear in a Smash Bros game together, that would be like saying to them in the early 2000's that Aliens will make contact with humans in 2015.

Hell, that's might not even be the end of it.  Cloud was basically the final step before crossing the threshold into far out there Goku territory with non-original videogame properties making it into Smash.  Basically, this is the moment were it's now just a matter of time before characters like Goku and Mickey Mouse eventually appear in a Smash Bros game. 

Now I'm not saying they're going to be DLC in this Smash Bros, but with Snake getting the ball rolling over 9 years ago, and Cloud shattering the universe right now, the cast of Smash Bros in the next 10 years from could literally look like those old fake fan mockups everyone would laugh at back in Brawls day, only now they're a reality.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2015, 03:08:16 AM »
I played FF7 for about an hour years ago and that's the exent oft play time with the main line series. I don't care about Cloud either way.

Still, the fact is that FF used to be a major presence on Nintendo consoles with a few spin offs and temakes thrown Nintendo's way in the last few years. Square deserves a rep in Smash and the series that deserves to rep Square is Final Fantasy. The majority of the main line titles have different protagonists but none of them are as well known or down right revered as Cloud is. Cloud is the character to rep square and I'm glad he made it into Smash.

And for goodness sakes I know it seems like Cloud is bordering on anime character territory but he really isn't. I can't tell if people legitimately think Goku's chances are any higher than they ever were or just joking.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2015, 03:14:15 AM »
Not finished.

Cloud is still a video game character from birth and he has appeared in at least 2 Nintendo games before. He wasn't the star but he was there. He has not opened the flood gates for cringe worthy additions like Goku and Luffy.

And Ian, aren't you the main one always talking about how there is no conspiracy against Nintendo and some such? How all this is a business to make money? Sure FF7 was the game that turned the tides like never before but that was 100 years ago and this is now. If Sakurai wants it he has the mystical power to make it so.

Though in all honesty I do know there was a lot of bad blood between Square and Nintendo but that stuff was patched up a long time ago.

This probably means nothing for the FF7 remake for NX but I bet fans are going to expect it and demand it now. seems like the chances for that are pretty good I'd say.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2015, 07:04:53 AM »
You get to dress up as Cloud (and other characters from Final Fantasy games that never made it onto Nintendo platforms) in Final Fantasy Explorers so it's likely that Nintendo is using Cloud's popularity as leverage to cross-promote the game. The US release date for Final Fantasy Explorers is January 2016, and there's a Super Smash Bros.-focused Nintendo Direct scheduled next month. The timing is right. Final Fantasy VII came out almost 20 years ago and the remake probably won't release for another couple years so Nintendo isn't necessarily promoting that game either way. It's using nostalgia to hopefully sell more 3DS's and Super Smash Bros. DLC. Nintendo playing the nostalgia card to sell things? That's so unlike Nintendo.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2015, 07:19:42 AM »
Between the Capcom Disney games and Kingdom Hearts, I don't think anyone would mind if Mickey Mouse came to Smash.

There's no hope in hell of that happening, though. The Diz-Nee Corporation gotta get paid.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2015, 08:15:24 AM »
I love it! Not Wonder-Red or Viewtiful Joe but I'll take it.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2015, 12:41:59 PM »
I honestly don't care who is added to the game at this point- the roster is diverse and wacky enough that I really can't think of another character I personally want. I have Shulk, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr.... So any character added to the game at this point is just an added bonus that I'll enjoy in some form.

Square Enix deserves a Smash Bros. rep. It has evolved past the idea of "Nintendo All-Stars" and is now just a celebration of gaming, period. Square Enix has supported Nintendo with releases in the past and is doing so now. Now, there really is no more iconic Final Fantasy character than Cloud, so the choice seems obvious. With how on-and-off Dragon Quest's relevancy is in the West, as well as SE announcing Final Fantasy VII Remaster, the time was right and the logic is sound. Would I love a character from Chrono Trigger? Sure, but despite being one of the best RPGs ever it's criminally underplayed and not relevant at all.

What we need to understand is that most, if not all of the future Smash Bros. DLC is going to push for relevancy. They are going to want people who have not considered the console or franchise to rethink their purchase and maybe even its relevancy as a crossover fighter. Ryu, Cloud, Pac and Mega Man are all smart choices for that, and I expect that trend to continue.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2015, 07:33:25 PM »
I am still trying to figure out how to process this. On the one hand I am optimistic for NX more than ever considering this and the recent rumor Square is all in on it. People bringing up Wii need to stop, those games Konami and Sega released that didn't come to Wii had everything to do with all the Wii's flaws, mostly power, size limits, storage limits, lack of online community, and etc, so just because characters were Brawl didn't translate to games coming to Wii has no bearing here.

Wii U is a dud but all signs point to Nintendo finally waking up to the world around them with NX so this is actually a super big deal no matter what anyone thinks. As anime boy said, sorry can't spell that name, all bets are off now.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.