Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 455216 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2012, 01:07:38 PM »
Over 9000?

Online Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2012, 01:35:34 PM »
After Kid Icarus: Uprising, Palutena is 100% guaranteed to be in the next Smash Bros.  She's the second most important character in that series, has appeared in all three games, hell in Japan the series is actually called Palutena's Mirror.  Plus after Uprising she's become extremely popular among Nintendo fans all around the world.  She fits every single category Sakurai has talked about is a major factor when deciding characters.  Important to series, worldwide appeal, and modern day relevance.  Not to mention, MAJOR KID ICARUS: UPRISING SPOILERS: You fight her as a boss later in the game so she also has a full moveset ready to go

And I doubt there will be anymore Kid Icarus characters.  Unless Uprising manages to sell over 10 million in the next few months, the Kid Icarus franchise will still be one of the lesser franchises in Smash Bros in both number of games sold and popularity.  Sakurai gives out character representation based on the popularity and history of the series.  Kid Icarus only has 3 games, one was a million seller, one didn't do well and stay North America only, and the newest one is coming 20 years after the last and sales haven't been finalized yet.  Since Sakurai has probably decided on the full roster by now or pretty close to, I doubt Uprising early sales are going to be high enough to put Kid Icarus on the same level the other franchises with 3 or more characters so far in Smash Bros.  Kid Icarus fits fine with series with 2 characters, but isn't to 3 or more levels yet.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2012, 01:40:06 PM »
I really doubt Sakurai has the whole list ready already.  I can see him keeping it in a bit of flux till darn near the end.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Online Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2012, 02:17:24 PM »
Most fighting games either have their full rosters decided right before development or shortly after it starts.  Considering they started development of the next Smash Bros after Uprising was done, that means they've been working on it for at least over a month now.  If the roster hasn't been finalized I'd imagine it's pretty close, which means unless Uprising puts up millions in the next few months, Kid Icarus will still be at lesser IP status.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2012, 02:52:18 PM »
We know he doesn't quite work that way.  Obvious characters can be worked on but I think right now there are a whole lot of characters and they are paring them down in Battle Royale style but not really.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2012, 02:55:54 PM »
Yeah but Ceric during Brawl Sakurai pointed out that the entire roster was finalized during the first month of development. Sonic was the only late game addition. Chances are the same will be done with this game. I bet Sakurai had all the characters down while developing Kid Icarus.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:42:33 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2012, 02:58:30 PM »
Not to mention, MAJOR KID ICARUS: UPRISING SPOILERS: You fight her as a boss later in the game so she also has a full moveset ready to go
Just to play devil's advocate, (I guess I'll use a spoiler tag here) having a move set hasn't stopped Sakurai and his team from just making one up. In fact, most of the moves in the game are completely made up.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2012, 04:16:42 PM »
Ok this is my last one for now. 4 new franchises, 5 counting Megaman, and Geno being a symbolic union between Square Enix and Nintendo. Still no WTF character, can't figure anyone out. I guess Jill from Drill Dozer could work as well. I feel like Sakaurai will try and add a new Zelda character but who in the world can he pick? Demise I suppose.

Is there anyone else who truly deserves a spot? This is a 52 character roster and that is already huge but 2 more couldn't hurt!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:18:22 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2012, 04:20:21 PM »
I feel that robots are under represented.  So Fi should be on the lineup.   Her main ability will be to stop other players and explain an obvious action to them throughout the fight.  Each time acting as a hit to that player.  She will then go and defeat them with the power of Dance.

Also like to see Mallow from Super Mario RPG out there.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:22:26 PM by Ceric »

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2012, 05:17:45 PM »
I'm gonna say that Palutena remains as Pit's Final Smash and either Magnus or Hades represents the Uprising crew. Also, Ghiraham makes a better choice than Demise, who could be a costume alt for Ganondorf.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2012, 05:40:32 PM »
That's kind of how I see Demise being. I think one of the draws for this game will be costumes that turn one character in to another, same skills/movesets but different speech. Peach -> Daisy; Ness -> Paula; Pokemon Trainer -> Female Pokemon Trainer; Yoshi -> Birdo? (meh); Mario -> Dr. Mario

Basically like clones, but better.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2012, 06:10:25 PM »
Well, I hope that clones are out unless they are character swaps.

Personally, I can see Nintendo releasing Smash Bros.  with only Nintendo characters again, but having 3rd party DLC characters which Nintendo throws some bones back to those developers for use...and good friendly vibes.  Then I can see things like a Capcom character pack with Mega Man, Ryu, and Stryder.  A Konami character pack with Solid Snake, Pac Man, and  Simon Belmont.  A Sega Character pack with Sonic, Tails, and Shinobi.  Ect.  Ect. 

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2012, 06:22:02 PM »
Here is my List of characters for the next Smash Brothers:

Travis Touchdown
Jack from Madworld
Megaman X
Okami
Bayonetta

Levels:

Monster Hunter Tri (LAgiacrus and Rathalos appear and obliterate the stage)
Resident Evil 4
Call of Duty

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2012, 06:39:02 PM »
Ok this is my last one for now. 4 new franchises, 5 counting Megaman, and Geno being a symbolic union between Square Enix and Nintendo. Still no WTF character, can't figure anyone out. I guess Jill from Drill Dozer could work as well. I feel like Sakaurai will try and add a new Zelda character but who in the world can he pick? Demise I suppose.
I remember when I unlocked Young Link in Melee. I wish he was Majora's Mask Link and could put on different masks and transform. They didn't have Final Smashes back then but clearly Fierce Deity Link would be 10 kinds of awesome. I think Midna with Wolf Link or even just Imp Midna could work.

If any Square Enix character makes it, I would expect it to be Cloud or Sora. I'm not saying I'd necessarily want Cloud as he barely qualifies, showing up as an NPC in Chain of Memories. He's still Square Enix's most recognizable and popular character.
So Fi should be on the lineup.
Oh, Ceric, I almost internet punched you until I read the rest of your post. +1 for the lulz
Okami
Oh, kytim, you crazy, crazy n00b. You play as Amaterasu in Okami. Also, Bayonetta has never been on a Nintendo console so if that rule still applies, she's ineligible.

Online Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2012, 07:13:19 PM »
If any Square Enix character makes it, I would expect it to be Cloud or Sora. I'm not saying I'd necessarily want Cloud as he barely qualifies, showing up as an NPC in Chain of Memories. He's still Square Enix's most recognizable and popular character.

I wouldn't count out the Slime from Dragon Quest as having a good chance of being the Square Enix represenative.  The Slime is the mascot of the series and way more popular in Japan then Sora and Cloud.  Plus Nintendo publishes the series in the West now since they're trying to make it more popular in order to keep the series exclusive in Japan.  What better way to try and make Dragon Quest more popular in the West then including it's mascot in one of Nintendo's best selling series.

Yeah Sora and Cloud have the bigger western appeal but I wouldn't count out Nintendo and Square Enix trying to use Smash Bros as a Trojan Horse to keep increasing Dragon Quest popularity.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2012, 07:18:38 PM »
I'm going out on a limb here.  I'm not sure if this will happen, but I am making the bold prediction that Mario will be in the next Smash Bros., possibly in both the WiiU and 3DS versions.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »

I just want to see Jill from Drill Dozer, Ray 01 from Custom Robo, Saki from S&P, Little Mac, Krystal (her SFA setup), Shulk from Xenoblade, Palutena, and Midna (on Wolf Link)... as far as Nintendo characters go.

From the third-party side of things: I'd like to see Simon Belmont, Travis Touchdown, Viewtiful Joe, Black Mage (from FF), Rayman, Klanoa, Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia, and.. of course, Mega Man (though, I'm more partial to his X variant.)

Gimme those as far as new characters go, and I'll be beyond a happy camper.

...and take out the clones! ...but keep Falco...

Edit: I also think whichever new Fire Emblem lead character is gonna be in the new 3DS game has got an automatic entry, too. But I still think FE's only gonna be represented by two characters again... thus Marth or Ike has gotta go. Ike would be my option to get the kick.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:48:50 PM by Rachtman »
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2012, 08:47:39 PM »
Characters I want in the next Smash Bros.:

PLAYABLE:
  • Mega Man, Mega Man, MEGA MAN!!!
  • Protoman (Mega Man series)
  • Knuckle Joe (Kirby series)
  • Simon Belmont (Castlevania series)
  • Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid series)
  • Amterasu (Okami)
  • Knuckles (Sonic series)
  • Tails (Sonic series)
  • Erdrick (Dragon Quest / Warrior series)
  • Black Mage (Final Fantasy series)
  • Fighter (Final Fantasy series)
ASSIST TROPHIES:
  • The robot cop girl from Mighty Switch Force
  • The boy from Mutant Mudds
  • Midna riding Wolf Link (Zelda: Twilight Princess)
  • Zero (Mega Man X series)
  • Cid (Final Fantasy series)
  • Red Mage (Final Fantasy series)
  • Chocobo (Final Fantasy series)
  • Slime (Dragon Quest / Warrior series)
  • Geno & Mallow (Super Mario RPG)
  • Dr. Wily (Mega Man series)
  • Dr. Eggman / Robotnik (Sonic series)
  • Dracula (Castlevania series)
  • Trevor Belmont (Castlevania 3)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:58:17 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2012, 10:28:00 PM »
Actually, I want Final Smashes and Assist Trophies to disappear...forever. 

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2012, 11:01:59 PM »

@ Kytim - The sad thing for the rest of us is that the man behind Travis Touchdown wants him in Smash Bros as well. YUCK!

Here are the most likely newcomers. These are the most viable characters left and the only viable 3rd party. Even then half of them have no chance in heck. I think this covers everyone but Mask Link, Tingle, and the new RPGs from Nintendo.

I just realized that the Sukapon character will be the new Mr G&W/ROB.

Last thing, the Street Fighter director said if one of them gets in it would be M Bison.

I don't have links to everything just trust me.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2012, 11:27:32 PM »
I don't know who the hell Poo is but I want him in there. I mean...c'mon...his hair alone is a worthy addition.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2012, 11:46:38 PM »
Actually, I want Final Smashes and Assist Trophies to disappear...forever. 
You can always turn 'em off, ya know. Options never hurt anyone. ;)

Cater, are you saying that Mega Man is the only viable third-party character? He's the only one listed in your chart anyway...

Stogi... Poo is from Earthbound. And I'd actually LOVE it if he made it into Smash. Would make a great martial arts style character - a nice change of pace for a Smash character.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2012, 11:56:42 PM »
I loved Final Smashes, they added a lot of fun to the game. And as Racht said, you can turn them off if you don't like them, it's better than making those of us who like them have to lose them.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2012, 12:02:44 AM »
I like Final Smashes, but I hate how impossible it is to dodge some of them. That might have been the point, but every good fighting game has a counter.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2012, 12:06:39 AM »
They need to balance the final smashes better. We never played with them on because some were barely useful while others were hugely powerful. If they fix that I'm fine with them returning.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent