Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 663848 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Switch Rumors and Speculation Thread (Mighty Switch Force Edition)
« Reply #2500 on: November 13, 2016, 10:17:16 PM »
$250 is probably the price. Nvidia Shield K1 tablet is $199, Shield Android TV is $199. This has the display that the Shield Android TV lacks, and the controller that the Shield K1 lacks...so $250 makes sense.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: November 14, 2016, 03:08:48 AM »
this fits in with the current discussion, so I'll just drop this in here as well

Looks like Nvidia plans for a long healthy relationship with Nintendo
http://seekingalpha.com/article/4022322-nvidia-nvda-q3-2017-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

I guess you could also say that Nintendo contributed a fair amount to that growth. And over the next – as you know, the Nintendo architecture and the company tends to stick with an architecture for a very long time. And so we've worked with them now for almost two years. Several hundred engineering years have gone into the development of this incredible game console. I really believe when everybody sees it and enjoy it, they're going be amazed by it. It's really like nothing they've ever played with before. And of course, the brand, their franchise and their game content is incredible. And so I think this is a relationship that will likely last two decades and I'm super excited about it.

2 decades... that's 3-4 gens of Nvidia<3Nintendo, or Eninen, (aka N&N)
You're making Mystic Gohan cry.

(applauds)

However, pretty sure Mystic Gohan committed Harakiri or Seppuku after the Switch reveal listing Nvidia as the chipmaker. He hasn't logged back on here since that date. Poor guy. I don't think anyone cares that much so if he is wondering if the coast is clear to return and is reading this in secret, it is ok to come back. Although maybe we should be alerting SuperMetalDave to hire some protection. Maybe MysticGohan is going to go after SMD for making him look bad on these forums by believing in SMD's rumours.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: November 14, 2016, 06:03:30 AM »
In a few months, we'll see a new poster going by the username "TheGreatSaiyaman." He'll sound remarkably like MysticGohan, but he's a completely different person.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: November 14, 2016, 10:23:51 AM »
So $250 for the Switch and $300 for Switch/pack-in game sounds like the best possible scenario.

EDIT:
http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/11/report-uk-retailer-game-to-price-nintendo-switch-from-199-99/

LKD pointing to two different SKUs for Switch, on priced at £199.99 and another at £249.99 which has more storage and a pack-in game. GAME then responded with a threatening email, which was then immediately followed by an apology from GAME for sending the threatening email.

Which kind of makes me think the price point might be true.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:39:32 AM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: November 14, 2016, 01:55:44 PM »
Man, $250 for a Basic SKU would be neat, and $300 for an enhanced SKU with Pack-in I would TOTALLY jump at! I'm pretty happy about those price points of true. I wonder though if they'd even need a pack-in game at the higher price point because higher built-in memory is enough temptation for me in all honesty.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2505 on: November 14, 2016, 02:48:17 PM »
I've got an article in the editing room about the price, but I'll say this:
- TRU has pulled the listing
- Someone at GAME jumped down Laura's throat over the reporting (then someone else apologized)

I'm not saying it's aliens, but it's aliens.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: November 14, 2016, 03:01:43 PM »
$250 seems like it could be the "No Dock" set. It's still better to get to that price. I'll get whatever has a better value. I'm single and have two cats. I have nothing better to do with my life than buy the more expensive set.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: November 14, 2016, 04:25:53 PM »
If there is two versions, I will buy the premium one no matter the cost.
Im just going to wait until January for official prices. I dont see much point speculating on the price

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: November 14, 2016, 05:14:00 PM »
I think 250 is right on the money especially since it lends it self as a complementary system to those who own ps4 and xbones as the wii was to the previous generation, that way nintendo can tap into that audience without directly competing with them
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: November 14, 2016, 07:26:44 PM »
$250 seems like it could be the "No Dock" set. It's still better to get to that price. I'll get whatever has a better value. I'm single and have two cats. I have nothing better to do with my life than buy the more expensive set.

How are you so cavalier with your money when you'll have to pay for cat college and cat weddings?

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: November 14, 2016, 08:32:03 PM »
Breath of the Wild might not be ready for March according to Emily Rogers:

Disclaimer: Everything in this blog post is rumor until proven otherwise.  Please take everything with a grain of salt.

Breath of the Wild is one of the largest games — if not the largest game — that Nintendo has ever developed. It’s probably larger than Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Wind Waker combined.

In early September, I heard rumblings that the localization for the game was becoming more work than anyone had anticipated. They have to localize all of the game’s text, NPCs, quests, etc. Then, around October, I received another update that Zelda’s localization was still not going as smoothly as planned. “A very ambitious game, maybe even too much” claimed one particular source.

That brings us to the month of November. More sources have now come forward and corroborated my information. They’ve told me that localization for Breath of the Wild might not be finished until the end of December. After localization is completed, this game will require between (at least) four-to-six months of testing. As I mentioned earlier, this is one of Nintendo’s largest and most ambitious games ever. The amount of testing required for a huge open-world game like this is enormous. Nintendo’s intention is to have the game as bug free as possible.

Based on what I’ve heard, I have no reason to believe that Breath of the Wild will be a March title. There’s a much higher chance of Breath of the Wild being a summer 2017 game.

On an unrelated note, I’ve also heard whispers of the Switch version of BoTW running more smoothly than the Wii U version. Furthermore, I hear the final version of the game is a bit harder than what the press and media played at E3. Actually, I hear they toned down the E3 demo’s difficulty a tiny bit because they wanted journalists and press members at E3 to have fun exploring.

That’s all for now, but keep your eyes peeled for my next blog post. I’ll be discussing other Switch games later this week.

https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/11/14/rumor-breath-of-the-wild-will-not-be-released-in-march/

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2511 on: November 14, 2016, 08:51:37 PM »
This is the same person with the rumor that Mario Switch WILL be ready for launch.  So to me it sounds like Nintendo moved several Wii U projects to Switch and started upgrading them.  Probably Switch has many games near completion because they were going to be Wii U games for 2016 holiday season and into 2017. 

So Nintendo could really switch their launch lineup around if localization isn't finished.  Personally, I think this is a good thing, because it hints that the first year of Nintendo Switch can be very strong.  Switch launch with Mario and a Spring/Summer launch of Zelda would be very strong (Unless it is released for Wii U first.)

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: November 14, 2016, 09:13:18 PM »
Two thoughts that are a cause for speculation/skepticism:

- No way Zelda gets released during the summer. If it gets delayed it's going straight for Holiday 2017.
- Nintendo would then be releasing a Wii U game during Holiday 2017. And that sounds insane.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2513 on: November 14, 2016, 09:19:56 PM »
Two thoughts that are a cause for speculation/skepticism:

- No way Zelda gets released during the summer. If it gets delayed it's going straight for Holiday 2017.
- Nintendo would then be releasing a Wii U game during Holiday 2017. And that sounds insane.

Why would Nintendo wait if the game is ready? And Nintendo has ANOTHER game that could be released in 2017.  If Breath of Fire is not Ready, Nintendo knows it needs to release it as soon as possible.  If it is delayed they will not wait for holiday 2017.  For a couple reasons.

1)  It is also releasing for the Wii U, and they don't want the Wii U game out for a several months before the Switch game.  Also, they want to close the chapter on the Wii U gracefully, and a final game in the Spring or Summer could do that.

2) Breath of the Wild is the only really publicized and played Switch game.  When people think about the game to play on the Switch right now it is Breath of the Wild.  Yes, that excitement could change, but a big Nintendo delay to 2017 on a game so far in development could signal weakness to costumers that saw Nintendo very weak during the Wii U. 

IF Breath of Wild is delayed it is delayed until Spring and Summer...then Nintendo uses Mario Kart Switch as their big holiday game.   

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2514 on: November 14, 2016, 09:28:43 PM »
Breath of the Wild is a sexier pick for the big Holiday release than Mario Kart.  Mario Kart may be the more reliable, higher sales over the long term pick, but it's not exactly sexy.

But it also being a Wii U game makes it a Catch 22.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2515 on: November 14, 2016, 09:44:34 PM »
Nickmitch I agree:  However Nintendo wanted Breath of Wild out for 2016 holiday season Wii U.  It didn't make it...partially because of the change to make it a Switch game...and Nintendo REALLY wants it for Switch launch.  I think Nintendo wants to holiday Mario Switch for holiday season, but if Zelda isn't ready Nintendo knows they need a home run system selling launch title.  To me that is either Mario or Zelda.  So if Mario is ready and Zelda isn't, Mario is the launch game.

But, then what do you do?  Hold a completed game for an entire year...which is possibly the last game for Wii U?  Nope.  You also don't launch it for Wii U, and then make Switch owners wait 6 months to play it.  You trust your IPs and you release Zelda in Spring or Summer then push one of your other games to holiday.  Mario Kart is a good holiday game.  So is Splatoon. 

Personally.... IF this delay is true (which I think it isn't.)  Then I see the lineup falling like this:

Mario Launch
Zelda Spring
Splatoon Summer
Mario Kart Holiday game

That gives Zelda Wii U and Switch a proper release early 2017.  It gives Nintendo a solid Single Player and Multiplayer gaming.  I could see Splatoon and Zelda switching release spots to have Single Player/ Multiplayer/ Single Player/ Multiplayer games...and that could be very cool.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: November 14, 2016, 09:56:19 PM »
The last mainline Zelda game to release during the summer was Phantom Hourglass. Of the 17 mainline Zelda games, 10 have a had a release date of either late fall(October) or holidays (November-December). 3 other games were released during the February-April window. The odds are clearly in favor of a Holiday or late Winter release date. Given that (and my total lack of knowledge in game development/localization/testing) I think two things can happen:

(TOTAL FANTASY SPECULATION ZONE)
- Nintendo lets the release date slip to as far back as May. Monolith Soft (the only Ninty developer I know with experience in open world games of BoTW's scale) is told to drop everything they're doing and put all hands on deck to help test and get the game ready. It launches but includes a massive Day 1 patch.

- Nintendo realizes testing will take too much time, but they still want Zelda to release in a favorable window. Nintendo doesn't believe that window is Summer (plenty of evidence on that). So they spend the rest of the year thoroughly testing the game, then release it at the best window possible, sacrificing Wii U sales but maximizing Switch sales potential.
(END TOTAL FANTASY SPECULATION ZONE)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:59:39 PM by Soren »

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: November 14, 2016, 10:08:59 PM »
This news further enrages this Wii U owner, seeing as my Wii U will likely be sitting and collecting dust until then. While I certainly want the product to run as smoothly and have as few glitches as possible, if Nintendo waits until holiday next year to release this game I will lose my fucking mind.

...I will not be buying a Switch in the meantime.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: November 14, 2016, 10:10:40 PM »
Breath of the Wild was supposed to come out last year. They should just stop delaying it.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: November 14, 2016, 10:11:38 PM »
Oooooooooooh What if they cancelled the Wii U version?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2520 on: November 14, 2016, 10:26:16 PM »
That would kill a lot of good will for the Switch, which will 100% have shortages in to the holiday.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: November 14, 2016, 10:36:02 PM »
Oooooooooooh What if they cancelled the Wii U version?

I think it's too late in the game to do that.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: November 14, 2016, 10:53:40 PM »
If it's delayed out of March, I can't seem them wanting to maintain a retail presence for WiiU stuff at all, especially not with enhanced ports rumored to be larding up the Switch slate.

So if there is a delay, I'd expect BotW WiiU to be digital only, or one of those Gamestop-preorder only jobs.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: November 14, 2016, 11:16:28 PM »
At my Wal-mart there is a single wii u third party game in the cabinet.

NES classic has better third party support than Wii U
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: November 15, 2016, 12:15:54 AM »
I think if Zelda is as polished as Nintendo wants it to be by summer 2017, it's coming out in summer 2017. Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon have proven that a release during that time of the year doesn't necessarily preclude a game from selling well or moving hardware units (relatively speaking), and Zelda had a lot of hype surrounding it during E3 2016 from a lot of the people that Nintendo is trying to win back with Switch. If all goes well and Nintendo has a strong first six months with the console, it shouldn't matter which big series they slot into the Holiday 2017 spot; ideally, they'll already have a lot of momentum going into that part of the year.

Mario Kart and Splatoon being ready by summer isn't a given either. We're all assuming that they're enhanced ports or heavily leveraging their Wii U counterparts so they should be ready for release by then, but that might not end up being the case (even if it does seem like the likely scenario). On the flip side, I guess there is that rumour from Laura Kate Dale that the Smash 4 port is planned to be ready within the first six months, so that might be an alternative.

All of this is, of course, assuming Zelda doesn't come out in March 2017 (which this rumour doesn't totally rule out).