Author Topic: My router doesn't like my DS ;(  (Read 3145 times)

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
My router doesn't like my DS ;(
« on: December 12, 2010, 05:39:11 PM »
Got a new router because my old one died, now I can't go online; the router's security settings aren't supported by the DS. Is there any way to get the MAC address of my DS? I'm thinking I'd just have to add the MAC to my router's allow list and it would be okay.

I really dont wanna buy a UBS wifi adapter

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: My router doesn't like my DS ;(
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 07:37:20 PM »
Which DS you you have? If you have a DSi or DSi XL, select System Settings from the main menu, select Internet on the third page, then select System Information and your MAC address will be displayed.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline amanda87

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 03:07:38 AM »
I was having the same problem with my brother's DS and searched all over the internet for a solution. Thank you this helped me!

Offline Ryadin91

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 10:15:09 PM »
Got a new router because my old one died, now I can't go online; the router's security settings aren't supported by the DS. Is there any way to get the MAC address of my DS? I'm thinking I'd just have to add the MAC to my router's allow list and it would be okay.

I really dont wanna buy a UBS wifi adapter
I bought the XL recently because I wanted to still play my DS games but not on the 3DS. Anyway, yeah I had that same problem with the seceruity setting only working with WEP it seems like and my routor uses WPK (or whatever, ill probably edit that later) which the DS won't support, it seems that way.

Anyyywayy I'm rambling, Use the "Advanced setup" then search for access point. It should work as that's how I fixed my problem.

Also FYI typing in your MAC address to your routor may not be nessesary if you do what I said.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:18:42 PM by Ryadin91 »
I got a dead pixel on my 3DS and it pains me...
Please someone answer my question! http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=37536.msg728915#msg728915