Author Topic: Shigeru Miyamoto in London!  (Read 4102 times)

Offline Game_Freak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Shigeru Miyamoto in London!
« on: February 04, 2003, 10:41:00 PM »
I just checked out the screens of this at PGC, it looks pretty decent IMO. Is anyone planning on getting this later this month. I think i might give it a shot, it looks pretty good.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Tube Sliders
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 11:19:19 PM »
I'll give it a hire, at most. There's no way I'm gunna fork over the money for this. Too many other great things I have to get... *Ahem* Metroid, Sonic Mega Collection, GBA SP (BTW, GBA SP has been given a $200 AUD price tag! Sweet!)

I do wish the lads who created this game the best. They created one of my most favorite games of all time (Bonk's Adventure), but I just don't like the look of this game. Too much of an F-Zero/WipEout wannabe in my eyes.  

Tube Sliders
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 11:21:13 PM »
I think this will be no match for F-Zero. A plus for this game is that it's out so soon, but I'm waiting for the better futuristic racer.  

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
Tube Sliders
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 03:30:09 AM »
It's pretty likely i'll be buying it, unless it gets horrid reviews. i've been playing a lot of Extreme G 3 lately and could use another speed fix.

My biggest concern is that racing in tubes all the time could get really boring. It's one thing to have a small section of track where you can ride on the ceiling or on a wall to breakup the monotony of racing on the standard track, but all-tube racing? We'll see.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Tube Sliders
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 07:12:00 AM »
I don't know much about this game but just the fact that it's a futuristic racer is enough for me to at least have some interest in it.  I think I'll rent it for sure unless it gets some really low reviews.  It's made by the team that made F-Zero Maximum Velocity so I'm sure it'll be good.

Offline dilbert627

• View Profile
Tube Sliders
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 07:52:05 AM »
A definite rental, but an unlikely buy with F-Zero just around the corner and looking much better.  However, if it's any good I may buy it used sometime in the future.

Offline epicac

• View Profile
Tube Sliders
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 07:59:54 AM »
Seems like the GCN has an overabundance of futuristic racing games. Why can't companies start making realistic racers? F-Zero is all the Nintendo crowd needs.

Offline VideoGamerX

• View Profile
Tube Sliders
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2003, 12:59:42 PM »
This is not a good sign... This isn't the attitude Gamecubers should have. I would think the existence of F-Zero would boost the market for this kind of game, although I understand that F-Zero is going to absorb most of the market. I just hope this game sells well.

I'd like to know how come other console markets don't act like this. The existence of Halo 2 probably won't cause Doom III to not sell worth a flip, and vice versa.

Oh well. I only plan on buying F-Zero, too. I don't have the money to throw at all games.

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
Tube Sliders
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2003, 04:13:14 PM »
I like the way it looks, but also love F-zero. So I made a deal with my friend to buy Tube Sliders while he buys F-Zero. Got my bases covered.
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.