Author Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Help  (Read 41997 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Help
« on: March 27, 2013, 05:01:30 PM »
Ok, I have a hard time understanding a few things so please bare with me.

When I go to my personal hut there is the option to store and remove items. Does remove items basically deleate them? I seriously can't tell with all these windows and unclear instruction.

How do I go about crafting armor from the big monsters I beat, take them all to the old weapon smith?

The fat fishing lady talks to me about boating but where do I go once I accept her missions.

When I play online do I keep items I collect there?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 05:36:06 PM »
Ok, I have a hard time understanding a few things so please bare with me.

When I go to my personal hut there is the option to store and remove items. Does remove items basically deleate them? I seriously can't tell with all these windows and unclear instruction.
Store Puts items into your box from your bag.  Remove takes items from you box to your bag.  Discard is the Destroy command. Their is also the option to combine things in your box and thats how you make items like Mega Potions, Shock Traps, Mega Dash Juice, etc.

How do I go about crafting armor from the big monsters I beat, take them all to the old weapon smith?
Yes. You'll have the options to do Weapons, Armor, and Decorations.  Once in those menues you have the option to Forge or Upgrade.  Forge makes new ones.  Upgrade Upgrades once you have.

The fat fishing lady talks to me about boating but where do I go once I accept her missions. Thats it.  You are sending out fishing boats.

When I play online do I keep items I collect there?
Yes. That is also where you get the most powerful Items and sets.  Often time you'll go online to get a leg up on Single Player. (By having someone help you farm up a better set)
Seriously, enough I'm fairly sure we're WiiU friends some night if you want to just get on and talk through some of this I be fine with that.  Though not tonight I ended up scheduling and MRI/A.

I found some good videos but they use the Japanese 3DS version but hopefully get you pointed in the right direction.  http://teamworkcast.com/podcasts/episode.php?id=314

They do explain all this in the Red Text as your beginning but it gets Really easy to start skipping that because it also contains a lot of fluff.

I actually just found this video that shows him going through all those menu and looks to do some crafting at the end.  http://youtu.be/i6iYOHaGGKk
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:56:21 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 02:35:39 AM »
Great Ceric thanks! This helps a lot, I seriously spent minutes looking to ride a boat. Hopefully I can catch you online tomorrow or something. Sounds like fun!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 11:45:32 AM »
Don't be dismayed.  I know in Tri their is a monster you fight from a Sand Gliding Boat.  The Monster is back with a variant so I'm fairly sure the mission is still in I just don't remember which rank and I think its online only.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 02:25:11 PM »
Just want to chime in: these type of questions are totally normal when getting started, so don't feel bad throwing them out here.  Monster Hunter has a significant learning curve. Don't feel like you need to figure everything out yourself because there is an awesome community of gamers (including a bunch of people here) who will help out!
NNID: ejamer

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 07:24:10 PM »
now see here sonny... err back in my day, when i started, i had nothing but a sword and shield...

and I had only one of those little err dancing critters to help me out....

but i *wheeze* i worked hard in everything i did, i learned through trial and error

see these *cough* old eyes, these eyes were what showed me what i did to bring myself to failure, and that is what led me to success...

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 11:19:19 AM »
I made a Flowchart of how getting ready for an online quest normally goes for me.

Hmmm.... It seem to have shrunk when I uploaded it.  Here is a link to the Diagram.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:27:16 AM by Ceric »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 12:51:45 PM »
Ah, this will definitely help once I get started. I've never played one of the games before. Any tips?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 01:36:17 PM »
What are Key Quests?
Key quests are the quests that have to be finished to get your Urgent quest and unlock higher levels.  This holds true for both Online and Offline.  Below I've compiled a list of just the Key Quests from http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Guild_Quests Its better formatted on my PC where its outlined format but still handy to have.

HR 1 (Low Rank)
1.    Playing With Fire
a.    Deserted Island (Day)
b.    Qurupeco
i.    Can Call a Rathian

2.    Leading the Charge
a.    Sandy Plains (Day)
b.    Barroth

3.    The Merchant’s Mission
a.    Flooded Forest (Night)
b.    Rathian

4.    Accident Investigation
a.    Flooded Forest (Day)
b.    Gobul

5.    Urgent!  The Fisherman’s Fiend
b.    Lagiacrus

HR 2
1.    The Horned Wyvern
a.    Sandy Plains (Night)
i.    Bring Hot Drinks
b.    Diablos

2.    The Desert Gourmand
a.    Sandy Plains (Day)
i.    Bring Cool Drinks
b.    Nibelsnarf

3.    The Creeping Venom
a.    Tundra (Day)
i.    Bring Hot Drinks
b.    Gigginox

4.    Denizen of the Molten Deep
a.    Volcano (Night)
i.    Bring Cool Drinks
b.    Agnaktor

5.    Urgent! Double Trouble
a.    Deserted Island
b.    Monsters
i.    Rathalos
ii.    Rathian

HR 3 (High Rank)
Just some quick notes on High Rank and beyond.  You no longer always start at base camp.  Also supplies are dropped at random times.  More than likely you'll be seperated from your team with no map, unless you have the armor skill for that.  There is a Feline skill to make Supplies drop at the beginning as well.  The big take away from this is that any supplies you need you should remember to bring on your own.

1.    Splash Damage
a.    Deserted Island
b.    Monsters
i.    Plesioth
ii.    Unstable possible other Monsters

2.    Mud Brothers
a.    Sandy Plains
b.    Monster s
i.    Barroth x 2

3.    Bye-Bye, Bloom
a.    Flooded Forest (Day)
b.    Monsters
i.    Crimson Qurupeco
1.    Possible Called
a.    Deviljho
i.    Honestly haven’t done one w/ out Jho showing
b.    Pink Rathian

4.    Supply Constraints
b.    Great Wroggi x 2

5.    Urgent! Brachydios Mio!
a.    Volcano (Night)
i.    Bring Cool Drinks
b.    Brachydios

HR 4
1.    Unwanted Visitor
b.    Monsters
i.    Zinogre
ii.    Unstable Possible Other Monsters
1.    Arzuros

2.    Tumble on the Tundra
a.    Tundra (Day)
i.    Bring Hot Drinks
b.    Monsters
i.    Baleful Gigginox
ii.    Jade Barroth
iii.    Unstable possible other Monsters

3.    Heroes Wanted
a.    Volcano (Night)
i.    Bring Cool Drinks
b.    Monsters
i.    Uragaan

4.    Urgent! Ruler of Two Realms
b.    Ivory Lagiacrus

HR 5
1.    Desert Desertion
i.    Bring Hot Drinks
b.    Monsters
i.    Sand Barioth
ii.    Black Diablos

2.    Echo Location
a.    Tundra (Day)
i.    Bring Hot Drinks
b.    Monsters
i.    Glacial Agnaktor

3.    Bedevil a Deviljho
a.    Tundra (Nigh)
i.    Bring Hot Drinks
b.    Monsters
i.    Deviljho

4.    Azure Attack
a.    Misty Peaks (Night)
b.    Monsters
i.    Azure Rathalos

5.    Throne of the Abyss
a.    Underwater Ruin
b.    Goldbeard Ceadeus

HR 6 (G Rank)
1.    The Cherry Blossom Queen
a.    Deserted Island (Night)
b.    Monsters
i.    Pink Rathian

2.    The Green Flash
b.    Monsters
i.    Green Plesioth

3.    Avenge the Fallen Hunter
b.    Monsters
i.    Barroth

4.    Playing with Fire
i.    Bring Hot Drink
b.    Monsters
i.    Qurupeco
1.    Calls possibly
a.    Rathian
ii.    Unstable Possible other Monsters

5.    Sweltering Showdown
a.    Sandy Plains (Day)
i.    Bring Cool Drinks
b.    Monsters
i.    Volvidon x2
ii.    Great Jaggi x2

6.    The Desert Gourmand
a.    Sandy Plains Night
i.    Bring Hot Drinks
b.    Monsters
i.    Nibelsnarf
ii.    Unstable Possible other Monsters

7.    Axe to Grind
a.    Sandy Plains (Day)
i.    Bring cool Drinks
b.    Monsters
i.    Rust Duramboros

8.    Snowball Fight
a.    Tundra (Day)
i.    Bring Hot Drinks
b.    Monsters
i.    Jade Barroth

9.    Thunder on the Tundra
a.    Tundra (Nigh)
i.    Bring Hot Drinks
b.    Monsters
i.    Barioth
ii.    Baleful Gigginox
iii.    Unstable possibly other Monsters

10.    Urgent! Sticky Situation
a.    Tundra (Day)
i.    Bring Hot Drinks
b.    Brachydios x2

HR 7
1.    Into the Danger Zone
a.    Sandy Plains (Day)
i.    Bring Cool Drinks
b.    Monsters
i.    Diablos

2.    Sand Barioth (Quest name not given yet)
a.    Sandy Plains (Day)
i.    Bring Cool Drinks
b.    Monsters
i.    Sand Barioth

3.    Deep-six a Deviljho
a.    Sandy Plains (Day)
b.    Deviljho

4.    Green Nargacuga (Quest Name not known)
b.    Monsters
i.    Green Nargacuga
ii.    Unstable possibly other Monsters

5.    Ivory Lagiacrus and Gobul
b.    Monsters
i.    Ivory Lagiacrus
ii.    Gobul

6.    Stygian Zinogre
a.    Tundra (Nigh)
i.     Bring Hot Drinks
b.    Stygian Zinogre

7.    Rathalos and Steel Uragaan (Quest Name not Known)
a.    Volcano (Day)
i.    Bring Cool Drinks
b.    Monsters
i.    Rathalos
ii.    Steel Uragaan

8.    Agnaktor (Name of Quest not known)
a.    Volcano (Day)
i.    Bring Cool Drink
b.    Monsters
i.    Agnaktor
ii.    Unstable possibly other Monsters

9.    Urgent! (2 Great Baggi and 1 Brachydios (I think))
a.    Tundra (Day)
i.    Bring Hot Drink
b.    Monsters
i.    Great Baggi x2
ii.    Brachydios

When you complete all these you have effective unlocked almost all the quests in the game. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:23:10 AM by Ceric »

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 01:52:26 PM »
Ah, this will definitely help once I get started. I've never played one of the games before. Any tips?

Ceric will probably give some better tips & comments, but here's my input from about 5 hrs of gameplay.

• The first hour or so is painfully slow, and they throw a lot of text at you.  Sit down with you favorite adult beverage, pay attention, and be patient.  Once they give you the options to take quests, it'll become a bit more interesting.
  • Don't be afraid to use Wiki's & FAQs.  The gameplay in several ways remind me of my days of playing WOW in how easy it is to get offtrack in the quests if you don't have any direction on what you need to do.  Efficiency in completing these quests will be useful as you get a bearing of how to play the game, which leads me into...
  • Your weapon will heavily dictate how you play the game.  There are several varieties of weaponry, all of them so far have had different advantages/drawbacks, and I'd suggest you try a few out during the first couple hours of gameplay to get a sense of what works well with you.
  • Attributes are directly tied to the equipment you wear, so weapon & armor crafting becomes important to increase your stats, and you'll want to look up the required materials and where you can get them from if you're wanting to improve your character.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 01:55:51 PM »
I'll be fine with a soda, thanks. :D

And thanks for the tips! While waiting for the game to download I'll read some guides online.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 02:25:14 PM »
it has been a while but here is my thing...
in general:(burn through the stuff you get in the chest before using your own)
have healing items, whetstones, paintballs and steak(learn the timing for cooking those) and a bbq spit,
also if possible have traps and tranq bombs available, sonic bombs or flash bombs(if you know the timing for them)
have a full set of 10 pickaxes and bug nets or fishing rods

it's also good to know the maps imo
deserted island,
there is a cave.. have torches?(did they bring cave darkness back i dunno)
have an oxygen tank around in case you need it

the swamp
always have a few oxygen tanks

desert
cool/hot drinks(depends on the time of day and only needed in certain areas)

tundra: hot drinks(or cool cancel armor skill)
torch(its still good for keeping giggi away)

volcano: cool drinks(or heat cancel(YOU WILL TAKE DAMAGE OTHERWISE))

misty mountain:
Far over the Misty Mountains cold,
To dungeons deep and caverns old,
We must away, ere break of day,
To claim our long-forgotten gold.

i honestly have no idea there, wasn't in tri
Armor:
don't just pick armor for its stats actually look at it's skills(ex agnaktors abilities in relation to use of a shield makes it a juggernaut for lance users, while jhen moran armor kills it with switchaxes and longswords)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 01:08:23 PM »
I was online yesterday and Ran into a new player who had some questions which prompted this quick write up about... Armor Skills.

What is an Armor Skill?
Armor skills are abilities that do more to your character then just add more defense or resistance and most of the time are obtained through full Armor Sets.  They are the main way that you customize your base hunter.  You want them to eat faster?  Gourmand.  You want to Attack in general stronger? Attack Up.

In fact their is a 2 whole class of items who sole purpose is to let you get Armor Skills Decorations and Charms.

Decorations:
Decorations are items that can be crafted to give you sklls points.  They fit into slots of your armor and weapon.  If you've played World of Warcraft they are the Gem equivalent.  Their is a Decoration for any Armor Skill to my Knowledge.  Decorations take from 1 to 3 slots.  With the more powerful being 3 slots.  You can have a decoration that has more then 1 skill on it and in fact have negative skill on it as well.

Charms:
Charms are equipment that you can only have 1 of that enhances an armor skill.  They may have slots.  If you played World of Warcraft this is the same as a Stat Trinket.   Unlike decorations which can only be crafted Charms cannot be crafted and can only be found.  You find them mainly through mining higher level areas.  When a charm is found it will tell you that a Charm is found.  At that point it won't tell you what the charm actually has stat wise.  At the end of the mission you will have the charms appraise and you pick the ones you want to keep.  In general I just keep them all and then sort through them.

Where do I find Armor skills?
When your in any screen that deals with your gear (Picking Gear, Forging Gear, Upgrading Gear, etc.) press the Y button and it will bring up your stats with the Armor/Weapon/Charm you've Selected.  This allows you to move up and down with the D-Pad and see a description plus the different levels of a skill.  In general it takes 10 points of a skill to activate its base level but some skills have multiple levels.  For example Attack Up, I know it off the top of my head:

Attack Up (L) +20
Attack Up (M) +15
Attack Up (S) +10
Attack Down (S) -10
Attack Down (M) - 15
Attack Down (L) - 20

If you have an armor that gives you Attack Down (S) you could put a decoration in to just add a point of Attack and it will Negate the Attack Down (S), in fact I do this for eating on my set.  It is not a gradience you get skills by being Equal to or Greater Than the points needed to activate the skill.

I'm not going to attempt to describe all the different skills.  Instead I'll let IcemanNoob do that in these two videos.  I will warn you these were made with the Japanese version:

Is their some way in game to design Armor and then make it?
Unfortunately No, this has been requested I'm sure for ever version of the game but Capcom is slow to change things.  In that regard their is a tool called the Monster Hunter Armor Generator that helps you make and link for other sets with the desired skills.  Why this tool is fine and the desktop version has some neat abilities I'm hoping that some of the Tri tools get updated.  They allowed for designing a whole set weapon and all.  Then telling you what you needed to hunt.  Also of note I think the tool uses European names.  (Like Maestro is Flute)

That's just a quick write up of Armor Skills done during my lunch.  I hope that helps everyone and happy hunting!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:16:11 PM by Ceric »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 01:52:12 PM »
Here is the combination list just for everyone to know.

So Combining.  In Monster Hunter any consumable that you want to use will either be bought or made.  How you make them is through Combination.  Their is a percentage chance that you will fail on combining items and you will make garbage.  Sell it.  How do you improve you chances?  Combo Lists.

Combo Lists books that will raise your combo success percentage.  Their are books 1-5 and even with all the books their are something you will still fail on.  Now if you Combining from your box, should be the third choice, having the books in your box will convey their benefits.  If you combining from your pouch the books have to be with you.  So why would you carry the books?  If your a gunner you can combine ammo on the fly and it will let you get over the ammo cap.  Same with say Mega potions you can hold 10 but its easy to bring 10 Potions and 10 Honey to make 10 more Mega Potions on the fly.  You can only carry 1 type of each trap.  Well if you bring a Trap Tool and a Thunderbug you can now make another trap after using your first Shock Trap.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:27:55 PM by Ceric »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 01:57:31 PM »
This is a Placeholder post to remind me to talk about combinations.
Here is the combination list just for everyone to know.
too lazy,
combine stuff, get better stuff, sometimes it screws up, you can do it in town and not have it screw up i think

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 11:37:46 AM »
Here is the Official Getting Started Tutorial from Capcom Unity.

Its an Info dump.  I don't think it very good personally but since its the official one I thought I should post it.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 01:33:50 PM »
sissys, i figured most of this stuff out myself :D

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 02:33:20 PM »
sissys, i figured most of this stuff out myself :D

You are the superior gamer. I definitely will not be playing with you.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 03:31:55 PM »
Oh that combo list will help me out a lot. thanks!

Btw, can someone share quick opinions on the weapon types? For better or worse, my heart is set on using a Lance, which unfortunately makes me feel like I'm playing on hard mode... T-T But what's some good "support" weapons in case I play multiplayer? What weapons would other hunters not want to use, but that they'd like me to use if I was on their team?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 04:30:06 PM »

Btw, can someone share quick opinions on the weapon types? For better or worse, my heart is set on using a Lance, which unfortunately makes me feel like I'm playing on hard mode... T-T But what's some good "support" weapons in case I play multiplayer? What weapons would other hunters not want to use, but that they'd like me to use if I was on their team?
The Ultimate support weapons are Gunner and Hunting Horn.  Gunners because they are so costly but, Flexible (Can heal and apply any Status or Element) they are always welcome.  Hunting Horns can buff the party and make some fights relatively trivial, like Barroth with the Quropeco horn and its derivates (Negate Mud and Hearing Protection to negate the roar can be given).  Also considering the fight a Status Weapon (More then likely a Sword and Shield because their good in this role) with Status up Armor will be welcome for paralysis, sleeps, etc.

What people will least like to see you with would definitely be Long Swords and Switch Axes.  A little Bows to but thats just if you spam the Big Arrow.  The reason being Long Swords easily knock the other players around making it harder for them to do their job and Switch Axes has this one move that will literally launch a player up and over most monsters.  People will welcome good players of all the weapons but those are the ones that its hard to find good players. 

*shrug* I lanced Tri and from what I've seen of lancing in Ultimate its not much different except you now have the Gunlance option which is different and I don't fully know how to use yet.  Lancing won't be hard mode.  It may take a little longer on some monsters then a balls to the wall attack weapon but on other hand having the ability to defend, Cut Tails, and if you can pull it off knock out monsters makes up for it.

If you are going to lance I suggest downloading and doing the DLC immediately.  Their is a good lance and Gun lance that can be built from the commendations from it and its relatively easy.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:32:47 PM by Ceric »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 04:35:42 PM »

The Ultimate support weapons are Gunner and Hunting Horn.  Gunners because they are so costly but, Flexible (Can heal and apply any Status or Element) they are always welcome.  Hunting Horns can buff the party and make some fights relatively trivial, like Barroth with the Quropeco horn and its derivates (Negate Mud and Hearing Protection to negate the roar can be given).

What people will least like to see you with would definitely be Long Swords and Switch Axes.  A little Bows to but thats just if you spam the Big Arrow.  The reason being Long Swords easily knock the other players around making it harder for them to do their job and Switch Axes has this one move that will literally launch a player up and over most monsters.  People will welcome good players of all the weapons but those are the ones that its hard to find good players.

*shrug* I lanced Tri and from what I've seen of lancing in Ultimate its not much different except you now have the Gunlance option which is different and I don't fully know how to use yet.  Lancing won't be hard mode.  It may take a little longer on some monsters then a balls to the wall attack weapon but on other hand having the ability to defend, Cut Tails, and if you can pull it off knock out monsters makes up for it.

If you are going to lance I suggest downloading and doing the DLC immediately.  Their is a good lance and Gun lance that can be built from the commendations from it and its relatively easy.
the Sword and Shield is good for support as  well, i say for either lances use agnaktor armor with an autoblock talisman

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 04:40:49 PM »

The Ultimate support weapons are Gunner and Hunting Horn.  Gunners because they are so costly but, Flexible (Can heal and apply any Status or Element) they are always welcome.  Hunting Horns can buff the party and make some fights relatively trivial, like Barroth with the Quropeco horn and its derivates (Negate Mud and Hearing Protection to negate the roar can be given).

the Sword and Shield is good for support as  well, i say for either lances use agnaktor armor with an autoblock talisman
lol, you replied while I was editing in Sword and Board.

I have mixed feeling about Auto-guard.  While I do like having it I don't think you should use it early on simply because you'll probably want to switch out that skill later for something else.  Then all that blocking experience will be not had and you'll be fighting much harder monsters.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 05:01:58 PM »

I have mixed feeling about Auto-guard.  While I do like having it I don't think you should use it early on simply because you'll probably want to switch out that skill later for something else.  Then all that blocking experience will be not had and you'll be fighting much harder monsters.
yeah but that particular armor is built around blocking so... :/ i always like to run +50 health so...
sword and BOARD, that's a good one too

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 05:12:59 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm about to dl the 3DS version today, so this is all wonderful. I feel like such a noob even though I played Tri! >_<

I'm assuming this DLC you mention is available on the 3DS?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 05:42:10 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm about to dl the 3DS version today, so this is all wonderful. I feel like such a noob even though I played Tri! >_<

I'm assuming this DLC you mention is available on the 3DS?

To tell you the truth I don't know.  I'm fairly sure its transferrable to 3DS but I don't own both versions so I'm not 100% sure.  It will be an option near the first few menus.  I know you can play it using a 3DS in multi with a WiiU because they did that on My Fair Hunter. Its towards the end of this episode.