Author Topic: Screw it, I'm making a Devil's Third Topic  (Read 31792 times)

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Screw it, I'm making a Devil's Third Topic
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 11:34:15 PM »
You know what's awesome? How Devil's Third has been pulled from the eShop's "releasing soon" page in North America. Makes me so happy to know that Nintendo is serious about publishing a game they picked up an has been in development for five years. It's even better to know that they could have made more knowledge available during E3 about it and pushed it from being a niche release like it's going to be in the other two regions it's announced in!

Seriously, what the hell, NOA? Are you worried your release schedule for 2015 is too stacked or something? Because I can tell you that statement is FACTUALLY INCORRECT.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 03:08:14 AM »
I agree this is weird. Itagaki does not seem worried though, so right now I assume Xseed is publishing in NA.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 07:21:26 AM »
That would be absolutely bizarre. For what púrpose?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 11:08:07 AM »
XSEED is publishing two Earth Defense Force games this year. They don't give a **** at this point.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 01:45:33 PM »
Clearly, but Nintendo is publishing this game in Europe. Why there and not here?

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2015, 02:37:50 PM »
NOE does what NOA don't.

At least Itagaki is hellbent on getting it released in NA. But the reality is Reggie and Co. aren't in any position to turn away new Wii U releases.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:45:35 PM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 05:24:02 PM »

Somebody got XSEED's number?

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2015, 05:54:20 PM »
Even if the game is a dreadful hot mess, I think Nintendo of America should still release the game in some form. Knock on wood, but having a bad game out is better than nothing.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 05:59:30 PM »
*SIGH*

I was a bit excited about the game. I've been wanting a new shooter/action game and this seemed a lot more colorful than Yet-Another-COD-Again. I had hoped this could be a spiritual successor to Red Steel 2 with it's shooting and sword fighting mechanics.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2015, 06:16:39 PM »
NoA better hope the game is as garbage as people say it's going to be. Because if it turns out to be "just mediocre" they will have made another in a long line of mistakes.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2015, 06:23:11 PM »
Even if the game is a dreadful hot mess, I think Nintendo of America should still release the game in some form. Knock on wood, but having a bad game out is better than nothing.
I disagree. That encourages laziness and sets a bad precedent. "Oh, well, Wii U owners are starved for content. We can release this steaming **** pile anyway and they'll buy it just to have something to play." No, **** you. If you want my money, I demand a good game. If this game is as bad as it sounds, I wish Nintendo would refuse to publish Devil's Third in every territory until Valhalla Games fixes the issues. Don't knowingly release a subpar game because you think you have to or whatever the case may be. Don't even bother if it doesn't meet certain quality standards. Compare this to Bayonetta 2 last year. It's so polished, and it came with a near-perfect port of an entire other game. I gladly paid money for it.

If Nintendo of America is just saying there are quality issues and is actually not publishing this for other reasons, that's an entirely different conversation.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2015, 08:00:24 PM »
If this game is as bad as it sounds, I wish Nintendo would refuse to publish Devil's Third in every territory until Valhalla Games fixes the issues. Don't knowingly release a subpar game because you think you have to or whatever the case may be. Don't even bother if it doesn't meet certain quality standards. Compare this to Bayonetta 2 last year. It's so polished, and it came with a near-perfect port of an entire other game. I gladly paid money for it.

If Nintendo of America is just saying there are quality issues and is actually not publishing this for other reasons, that's an entirely different conversation.

NCL and NoE have no problem publishing this game. Make it an exclusive like NCL did with Amazon, put it on the eShop, it doesn't matter. I don't know what mythical unicorn quality standards NoA is working with to refuse this.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:13:05 PM by Soren »

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2015, 08:00:33 PM »
I think it has to be bad enough that it would be damaging to the Nintendo brand to release it.  If it's just mediocre they really shouldn't be depriving Wii U owners of games.  It needs to be like Superman 64 bad.  If it's like Dynasty Warriors bad then they should publish it (ironic considering Hyrules Warriors and all but historically that was a pretty good example of a very average but not terrible game).

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2015, 08:39:17 PM »
NCL and NoE have no problem publishing this game. Make it an exclusive like NCL did with Amazon, put it on the eShop, it doesn't matter. I don't know what mythical unicorn quality standards NoA is working with to refuse this.
Nintendo of Europe has no standards and will release anything. We've known that for years. NCL paid for the game and probably wants to try to see a return on that investment even though it normally knows better. It isn't even Nintendo of America questioning the quality of Devil's Third either. You posted the Unseen64 video. He spoke to people who played the final code and they all **** on the game. This is an industry-wide problem. Companies are knowingly publishing mediocre games then get butthurt when word-of-mouth spreads and people wise up causing a massive drop in sales. Stop doing that. It's a bullshit practice that is hurting the industry.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2015, 09:02:25 PM »
NoA is awesome.
Just think about how many impossible to find Amiibo figures, that don't have any in-game purpose, I'll be able to afford now that they are releasing fewer games.  Fantastic news!

I agree - Devil's Third doesn't look good. But not all first party games are good either, and the Wii U could really use any addition to it's release line-up. Refusing to release a finished game that has been previously hyped as an exclusive and is still getting released in other regions is just poor publicity.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2015, 09:05:24 PM »
Really? Last years hype is this years tripe. They spent HOURS on treehouse live promoting this game and now it just doesn't cut it? Smells fishy. NOA STAY WINNING!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2015, 11:21:42 PM »
I am angry.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2015, 01:54:11 AM »
I mean, if NoA has the gall to release utter crap like Super Mario Galaxy, what is there excuse for this game?

Also, how is a game looking two years old a valid complaint? EVERY Wii U game looks two years old!

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2015, 07:55:55 AM »
This game isn't Mario. It doesn't have that guaranteed sales cushion. And that opinion, while I'll tend to agree with it, is in the minority because Super Mario Galaxy sold very well regardless. This is a new ip by a developer with a not so good track record and the game has had a bad reception so far.

"Two generations old" is a lot different then two years old. I'm indifferent to graphical quality, but if it really is like PS2/GCN in graphics, then that speaks enough about its quality.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2015, 09:01:54 AM »
From what has been seen of the game by ME, that's utter bullshit.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2015, 03:25:08 PM »
My friend has pretty much every first party Wii game so he has Donkey Kong Barrel Blast.  I have rarely played a game more broken and unplayable then that worthless piece of **** and yet NOA published that.  Is Day of Disaster truly worse than that?  God have mercy on our souls if it is.  Was Project H.A.M.M.E.R. turning out worse than that?

Of course that had an iconic Nintendo character in Donkey Kong.  Funny how standards change when a successful name brand increases the chances of a turd selling well.  Though in some way Nintendo having to admit that a Donkey Kong game had to get canned because it was so terrible might be seen as more damaging than releasing it.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2015, 05:05:45 PM »
My friend has pretty much every first party Wii game so he has Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. ...

You are being generous by not pulling out a Wii Music reference. Barrel Blast is terrible too, though.

For the record, Disaster is more interesting than either.  It's kind of a mess of a game... but can be quite enjoyable if you don't take it seriously and like laughing at ridiculous situations.

I wish that NoA had released Disaster here so I didn't have to import, but hey, they know best. (Quality concerns are also what prevented Fatal Frame 2 Wii from coming out here apparently.  Good call there too NoA.)  :@
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2015, 06:57:59 PM »
My friend has pretty much every first party Wii game so he has Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. ...
You are being generous by not pulling out a Wii Music reference. Barrel Blast is terrible too, though.

I don't know if he has Wii Music.  He's a musician so Wii Music's simplicity might turn him off the same way it did for me.  Wii Music was Nintendo's big ass release for that Christmas and made by almighty EAD.  No way was NOA even allowed to turn THAT one down.

Nintendo might have known that Barrel Blast was bad and "knows" that Devil's Third supposedly is.  I don't think they thought that for Wii Music.  They thought it was the next Wii Sports/Fit money printer.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2015, 11:18:53 PM »
Just because it made money doesn't mean it's good. Love, the modern gaming industry.

I guess I can't complain anymore since NA will be getting the game. I know I'm in the minority, but I really wanted to play this and I don't really care about the graphical "issues". I'm also interested to see how broken the aiming really is.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2015, 12:16:01 AM »
I was never planing on getting this game neither splatoon for that matter, but it sucks how the wii u lacks software and Nintendo passes on games like this. I already gave up on the wii u, but i feel that nintendo dropped the ball too quick with this system.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308