Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 762072 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #1725 on: November 30, 2015, 11:05:27 PM »
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Splatoon, Captain Toad Treasure Trackers, Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Until Dawn, Uncharted Collection, Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: December 01, 2015, 09:13:55 AM »
I've been trying to be good... but Black Friday got me.

Preordered:
* Zelda: TBD (Wii U)
* Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past (3DS)
* Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (3DS)
* Odin Sphere Leifhrasir (Vita)
* The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel Lionheart Edition (Vita)

Getting 30% off each game was enough to convince me to order now, because the first three are all games I'm definitely interested in buying. 

Not sure whether I want to keep the Vita games though - with only a PSTV it's a gamble whether I can play them on release, and pricing is pretty high even with the discount.  That said, I am very keen to try Odin Sphere eventually, if possible.  (Edit: Cancelled the preorder with Vita games. They still look great, but I have too many games already and don't need these ones.)

For games that are actually released, I've re-acquired all of the DS Dragon Quest main games (IV through VI) recently. Sold them previously because of time concerns but love this series and would love to revisit each game eventually... plus, it just feels like my collection of much-loved portable RPGs wouldn't be "complete" without them.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:41:22 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 21, 2015, 12:02:01 PM »
Got my Wii U in the mail (early in the morning too). It was the Smash Splat bundle. Been updating it all morning (slow internet hurts a lot). Got Wind Waker HD and Xenoblade Chronicles X coming soon. Twilight Princess pre-ordered. Got to find a Gamecube adaptor soon. Console itself is very nice though. I'm excited.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline sudoshuff

• View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 27, 2015, 11:33:41 PM »
Got my Wii U in the mail (early in the morning too). It was the Smash Splat bundle. Been updating it all morning (slow internet hurts a lot). Got Wind Waker HD and Xenoblade Chronicles X coming soon. Twilight Princess pre-ordered. Got to find a Gamecube adaptor soon. Console itself is very nice though. I'm excited.

You should be! You have enough content there to keep you occupied through all of next year.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 29, 2015, 12:27:04 AM »
I bought a couple games on the Steam Sale. What do I do in Gary's Mod?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 29, 2015, 09:51:40 AM »
Did others get Christmas games? At our house we added:
* Shovel Knight (Wii U) - very excited to play through this in the coming year
* Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) - finally arrived; haven't had nearly as much time to play as I wanted over the holidays, but like what I've seen so far and expect to enjoy it for many months to come
* LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Wii U) - purchased this a long time ago for my little boy so we could play together, finally gave it to him at Christmas
* MineCraft (Wii U DIGITAL) - strongly dislike buying digital, but my little girl really really wanted this game for Christmas, so here we are... I'm not impressed with what I've seen, but that doesn't really matter since the kids seem to like it. Not sure if they enjoy it due to reputation or because of the actual game though.

I think the board games we got are arguably more impressive... but between Shovel Knight and Xenoblade I can't complain!

My wonderful wife also got me two Amiibo figures: Mabel and Dr Mario.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1731 on: December 29, 2015, 10:03:39 PM »
Yeah, my brother and I got some good stuff.

Yo-Kai Watch
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Rodea: The Sky Soldier (Wii U/Wii)

Today I bought Lara Croft GO on iOS. It's only $1.99 instead of $4.99 for a limited time.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: January 03, 2016, 01:32:49 AM »
Bought a bunch of $1-2 games on Steam...

Snakebird -- puzzle game, somewhat similar to Jelly no Puzzle (the best puzzle game i ever played).
Downwell -- great little game. Think Icy Tower only you also can shoot with boots. Very fun and addictive.
10000000 -- disappointed in this game. Game design devolves into mindless clicking with random drops and enemies coming too fast.
Crypt of the NecroDancer -- awesome rhythm adventure game. I was planning to use my dance pad, but who knows when i am gonna get USB adapter for it... It seems fun enough with just d-pad.

Didn't played:
Hexcells Plus -- some kinda Minesweeper variant?
Dark Echo
Stacking

Around $10 for all of them.

Also expecting: Mercenaries and Burnout 3 in the mail (both for Xbox)...
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: January 07, 2016, 11:27:01 PM »
Bought 2 planks of 4Gb RAM for my PC, making it 16Gb in total (had 8Gb before).

Feels like a waste of money so far, the most demanding game i play right now is Assassin's Creed Unity and that only goes up to 6Gb (it still doesn't fix game hitching up like crazy, but that's on Ubisoft).

Ah well, at least i am future proofing my 2012 PC for at least few more years.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 10, 2016, 02:38:34 PM »
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Shield Android TV)

Like it so far, it's basically a Konami version of Ninja Gaiden but precision analog controls.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: January 16, 2016, 05:00:54 AM »
Also expecting: Mercenaries and Burnout 3 in the mail (both for Xbox)...
Just received in the mail.

Burnout 3 is in French for some reason, but at least it doesn't matter for the kind of game it is and it seems like there is still possibility to change to English if i fiddle with my console/account locales...

But Mercenaries are completely in German and according to box, it's the only language option.

Welp.

It's been awhile since i bought a game from Gamecube/PS2/XBOX generation and i completely forgot that i have to be cautious about language on disc. I didn't learn from lesson when i bought two copies of Rogue Squadron and one copy of Rebel Assault only to found them all in german.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1736 on: January 16, 2016, 10:07:26 AM »
Went a little psycho on the PSN sale and bought Soul Calibur II HD, the DMC collection, Xenogears. Parasite Eve and Chrono Cross.

Also picked up a portable remake of a seminal platforming classic that was in the news this week: Mega Man Xtreme, duh.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: January 24, 2016, 08:05:16 PM »
I purchased the extended battery for the Wii U GamePad. I had to purchase it from Nintendo's (awful) online store since the only first party one available on Amazon Prime was more expensive and had reviews that said that two regular batteries were sent instead. I didn't want to risk it. I wanted to make sure I ordered one before it became stupidly difficult to come by. Despite the fact that I have gone weeks without charging/using the GamePad, I feel like it doesn't hold a charge as much as before.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: January 29, 2016, 08:27:07 PM »
Just picked up an Nvidia Shield Portable at a pawn shop for $50. These things are going for like $350 on eBay...even Amazon will pay $129 for "good" condition. Think I'll keep it though...unless I can find another one.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: January 29, 2016, 08:31:14 PM »
I had to purchase it from Nintendo's (awful) online store
Might I ask what made the store awful? I've used it before and I don't recall having an issue.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: January 29, 2016, 10:01:34 PM »
The fact it is buried in their support pages? I felt it was a pain finding and ordering Wavebirds back when they were available.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline riftzzz

• View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 30, 2016, 05:44:23 AM »
Mortal Kombat X :D

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 30, 2016, 07:48:59 AM »
Shovel Knight Amiibo - I've been enjoying the game, and (with two kids at home) think that co-op mode was a great idea and maybe worth the rather high price of admission.  They did a really good job implementing co-op into the game - both in controls and scaling difficulty. Feels like it was a planned addition all along.

Offline JamesGoblin

• View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 30, 2016, 07:49:48 PM »
Guild Wars 2, early 2013 - and if I remember correctly it was the only game purchase I ever made!?

Ironically, I haven't played it for more than a week or two  :(
Trivia: Warhammer Online is the best game ever made.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 30, 2016, 11:49:46 PM »
I bought a new TV, Samsung LED.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: February 03, 2016, 03:06:16 AM »
Just got Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World and Smash Bros for Wii U from a courier.

Mario Maker's box looks so vibrant, presentation is absolute top notch, included booklet is gorgeous -- i've bought artbooks that had less and worse art for more money.

None of the games have proper instruction booklets. I was expecting a big leaflet with moves descriptions but i guess it only came with american versions...

And i also got Pix The Cat earlier from Humble Bundle for 1$.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 07, 2016, 08:42:59 PM »
Lots of new (old) game pick-ups today.

* Trauma Center: Under the Knife (DS) - Really like the series, and already have all Wii games and the second DS game. Figured this was a fair pickup even if it's probably not essential (first Wii game is apparently a straight remake).  $7
* Advance Wars Dual Strike (DS) - Already a cartridge-only copy, but this was complete and nearly pristine. Hoping to sell the extra cart and recoup a few dollars.  $3
* Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil 0 (Wii) - Wanted to "upgrade" my GameCube version, and have it playable from the Wii U as well. Need to see if there is any market for the GameCube version now, maybe to help recover a few dollars from the purchase price.  $8
* LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Wii) - LEGO games seem to stick pretty close to the formula most of the time, but it's a decent formula and I've got young kids who are keen on co-op. $5

Felt like that was a pretty decent haul overall. Didn't spend too much, and ended up with some pretty solid games.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 07, 2016, 09:06:43 PM »
Lego Star Wars 3 incorporates these strange RTS elements that I could see being pretty fun in multiplayer. I like the game although I feel that they could have done more with it.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: February 08, 2016, 08:56:09 AM »
Lego Star Wars 3 incorporates these strange RTS elements that I could see being pretty fun in multiplayer. I like the game although I feel that they could have done more with it.

My expectations are consistently low with LEGO games, so I rarely worry about "could have done more". 
As long as my son laughs while we play (which is as much on me as on the game) then it's all good.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 09, 2016, 01:05:33 AM »
I always liked the LEGO games because of my nostalgia for the bricks. But now my Nephew is into LEGOs so we like to play the games when he comes over. I've been stocking up on them. The Lord of the Rings/Hobbit ones were very well done and much deeper than the original Star Wars and other titles. I'd like to hear more about the RTS mode because I might pick it up at that discount price.

I got LEGO City Undercover and I hear that is a great one as well. Very-much a quality GTA style open world game.

I also finally got my Robin and Lucina Amiibo from Australia. Just need Roy, Corrin, and Bayonetta to be wrapped up with the Smash line.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast