Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 931224 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Must... not... end... worst console thread...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I managed to overcome the urge, so you can too.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #2627 on: February 03, 2016, 05:31:56 PM »
I think I'm starting to realise why I've been visiting here less lately: I think my tastes jive less with the people here than they used to. And trying to teach Ian Sane how to be a better poster is entertaining for only so long.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #2628 on: February 03, 2016, 07:08:26 PM »
This is bullshit.
Quoting this because I don't think I've ever seen Mop It Up curse.

On a more serious note (despite this being the Funhouse), it'd be a bummer if you stopping posting/visiting though.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: February 03, 2016, 07:58:16 PM »
Don't leave me!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: February 03, 2016, 08:19:52 PM »
This is bullshit.
Quoting this because I don't think I've ever seen Mop It Up curse.

On a more serious note (despite this being the Funhouse), it'd be a bummer if you stopping posting/visiting though.
What thread is this from? Did I completely miss it?

Also, I find trying to educate Ian on being a better poster a worthy prospect, seeing as he disregards any critique or negative comments directed towards him. We just need to see how hard you have to push his buttons before her goes IAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN SAAAAAAAANNEEEEE!
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2631 on: February 03, 2016, 11:59:06 PM »
This thread.

And yeah, that kind of caught me off guard. Normally Mop wouldn't say spit if their mouth was full of it.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: February 04, 2016, 04:51:54 PM »
Another day, another gator registering on the forums just to reply to the Fire Emblem thread on Talkback.

Also, yay! You can edit your posts of Talkback!
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: February 04, 2016, 05:46:12 PM »
Also, yay! You can edit your posts of Talkback!

I wasn't sure if people realized that, since I'm guessing most people don't pay that much attention to the Announcements section of the forums. I just finally got to the point where I decided one bad incident in 15 years wasn't enough to be worth the constant irritation. Seriously though, if something forces me to take it away again, it's never coming back, so be on your best behavior.

J.P. Corbran

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: February 04, 2016, 06:40:57 PM »
You said it was never coming back last time.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: February 04, 2016, 06:49:01 PM »
I didn't say anything last time, Aaron was the one who made that call. I suppose it's possible that if I take it away and then am the victim of some sort of violent coup, my successor may decide to bring it back.

J.P. Corbran

« Reply #2636 on: February 05, 2016, 12:00:55 AM »
 :-X
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: February 05, 2016, 12:03:37 AM »
Thank you for fixing it. Nice to have it back.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: February 05, 2016, 12:09:56 AM »
It's just sad Khushrenada isn't still around to see it, since he was the one who got it taken away in the first place.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: February 05, 2016, 12:12:23 AM »
I thought it was Super who pulled that off? Or did they do it together?
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: February 05, 2016, 12:25:16 AM »
It was in support of SUPER, but Khush did a lot of the dirty work. SUPER had been banned for like a week over something or another, and there was this whole FREE SUPER campaign that blew the whole thing way out of proportion, which, among other things, involved vandalism of old TalkBack threads via the editing feature.

J.P. Corbran

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2641 on: February 05, 2016, 10:32:42 AM »
And now that you have them both, there's no reason to withold our beloved edit feature.

You sick monsters finally got what you wanted.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: February 05, 2016, 11:22:00 AM »
It was in support of SUPER, but Khush did a lot of the dirty work. SUPER had been banned for like a week over something or another, and there was this whole FREE SUPER campaign that blew the whole thing way out of proportion, which, among other things, involved vandalism of old TalkBack threads via the editing feature.
No, no it didn't.
Never forget!
Luv ya ;D
Oui, Mon Gars!

« Reply #2643 on: February 05, 2016, 02:28:30 PM »
All I will say on the edit feature is something I was told a long time ago, get better at posting and you won't need it so much. For a while, not just here but other websites, I would compose my posts in Word and copy/paste them into the forums. I stopped doing that once I got proficient at writing, which is a good thing because I am now a paid writer.

I wasn't around for the coup that keeps getting talked about but it sounds to me like this place is better off without those kinds of rule breakers anyways.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: February 05, 2016, 02:43:16 PM »
This is bullshit.
Quoting this because I don't think I've ever seen Mop it up curse.

Thanks. Forums like this ebb and flow based on the products being released, so I'll have my own periods of activity or inactivity mostly based on that. I'm certainly not going to make a huge post about how much this place sucks and then never return. I mean honestly, who does that? ;)

I find that curse words have much more of an impact if they are used sparingly, especially when it comes to comedic effect.

Seriously though, if something forces me to take it away again, it's never coming back, so be on your best behavior.
Oh great, if Khushrenada sees this then it'll make him only want to do it more!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: February 09, 2016, 04:21:57 AM »
I think I'm starting to realise why I've been visiting here less lately: I think my tastes jive less with the people here than they used to. And trying to teach Ian Sane how to be a better poster is entertaining for only so long.

Don't worry. I'm back. It'll be much easier to stick around now.

It's just sad Khushrenada isn't still around to see it, since he was the one who got it taken away in the first place.

It was a trap and you feel for it just like you do all my other traps. HA HA HA HA HA!! You thought what happened was a disaster before? You ain't see nothing yet. :evil;
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: February 09, 2016, 04:34:25 AM »

Even after all this time, you still don't have an accurate version of it all. Interesting. I truly have become a legend in your own mind.

I wasn't around for the coup that keeps getting talked about but it sounds to me like this place is better off without those kinds of rule breakers anyways.

A coup?! People now think the FREE SUPER movement was an attempted military takeover of these forums. Wow.

And I'm a trouble maker too?! Boy. You think some people are your friends and then you find out what they really think of you...

Well, I guess we'll see whether people want this trouble maker around or not. All I'm going to add is that those are pretty strong words from someone who reminds me of a user called animecyberrat.

I'm certainly not going to make a huge post about how much this place sucks and then never return. I mean honestly, who does that? ;)

Yeah.... That sounds terrible..... (Great! That's just great! There goes my returning thread topic. What I'll post now? If I suddenly show up again now but don't tell everyone off then what else can I use as a reason for this sudden appearance. Gotta think.... I know! Entertainment opinions. Yeah! That'll fool 'em!)

Seriously though, if something forces me to take it away again, it's never coming back, so be on your best behavior.
Oh great, if Khushrenada sees this then it'll make him only want to do it more!

Eh. It depends on either how far off from my meds I am are or how high on my meds I am.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: February 09, 2016, 04:41:30 AM »
I've made the comparison of me and Khush being Dave Nelson and Bill McNeal, but seeing his return while watching Star Trek: Deep Space 9 made me realize that he's the Quark to my Odo.

Even after all this time, you still don't have an accurate version of it all. Interesting. I truly have become a legend in your own mind.

Honestly, it's more like I didn't care enough to remember, though I'm not surprised you like to think that you're my center of attention at all times.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:48:36 AM by NWR_insanolord »

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: February 09, 2016, 04:50:01 AM »
Can't play along with that. I've never been able to get into DS9 so that made no sense to me. Just like the bit about my going out by being obnoxious to the moderators. That wasn't the case at all.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: February 09, 2016, 04:55:25 AM »
Odo was the chief of security on the station, and Quark owned the station bar and was always involved in shady dealings and up to no good. You should give the series a go, it takes a couple seasons to find its feet but overall I'd say it's easily the best of the Star Trek series.

J.P. Corbran