Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Fighting Games: JOIN THA WULFPACK

<< < (3/161) > >>

Dasmos:
It seems my friends forgot how to play MvC since the second one, and I've been confined to playing it by myself online or with one other guy who's comparable in skill level. It's sucks because I was hoping to play this since my fingers bled.

Haven't picked up Mortal Kombat yet. (Australia lol)

Both these Street Fighter and Tekken crossovers interest me, will definitely be keeping an eye out on them.

S-U-P-E-R:

--- Quote from: leroypantweather on May 04, 2011, 04:45:09 AM ---this list makes me happy, but i want a new Darkstalkers... whats the word on that?

--- End quote ---

According to Ono (the director of the Street Fighter games), he's been pushing for it internally for... well, at least over a year now.

--- Quote ---"Yes I always try and talk about Vampire (Darkstalkers) during interviews because I want to show Capcom that there is a demand for a new game," he revealed, before stating decisively in English: "I am desperate to make this game!"
--- End quote ---

So I guess it'll come out *if* Capcom thinks it will get good numbers. I remember Svensson (marketing/strategy at Capcom) saying that players are more willing to buy new/unfamiliar IP games at a console's launch, and stick to familiar/established stuff later on in a console's life. I don't remember if he was talking about Darkstalkers specifically but it kind of sticks out in my mind for some reason.

edit: I forgot about the SF3 Third Strike rerelease! Gonna add it to the OP

Stogi:
Been playing Mortal Kombat and it is dooppe /tom haverford. Its the type of game where I can't help myself yelling out obscenities or the iconic 'Oh Damn!' every now and then.

They really polished up everything I loved about Mortal Kombat then added tag team. It's an amazing game.

Ceric:
I just heard that MvC3 doesn't have Mega Man is that true?  Did they ax everyone from that Universe?

S-U-P-E-R:

--- Quote from: Ceric on May 04, 2011, 10:31:27 AM ---I just heard that MvC3 doesn't have Mega Man is that true?  Did they ax everyone from that Universe?

--- End quote ---

That's right, no Megaman. I recall a couple different reasons given for this, like he didn't fit in or they thought Arthur was a better pick for his 'role' (in game play terms) or whatever. I think they're kind of silly. Maybe Inafune leaving Capcom not long ago has something to do with it?

However Zero (from X) and Tron Bonne (from Legends) are both in MvC3 and they're both pretty beast.

Capcom Unity recently had an informal poll about who players would like to see as DLC and Megaman (actually Megaman X - they had three different versions of Megaman in the poll!) won on the Capcom side pretty easily. This might be a big deal, because Capcom said they would definitely be looking at the results ~AND~ when they took a poll for adding characters to the console version of SF4, the top four picks got in.

Svensson said at one point that future character DLC will depend on the sales of the DLC characters/content already available. I don't know how well Jill & Shuma (the two available DLC characters) have sold...

Fun fact: Frank West was going to be in but was cut mid-development. You can see him briefly in one of the trailers (not his face, though).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version