Author Topic: Official Switch Game Announcements  (Read 53833 times)

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Official Switch Game Announcements
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2016, 04:23:56 PM »
Yeah, I wonder if this will soon lead to a flood of game announcements for it. One can hope!

Yes, let's get that water hose going!

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2016, 05:08:51 PM »
While a lot of fuzz is being made about Bethesda not committing to Skyrim on Switch (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-10-20-nintendo-switch-officially-revealed) it should be noted that besides Breath of the Giant Mechanical Spider in the Will Smith movie Wild Wild West, no other game has been officially confirmed. Nintendo has not said anything about the Mario Kart, Splatoon or 3D Mario footage. Ditto 2K games about NBA 2k17 being on Switch.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2016, 05:11:44 PM »
I would imagine Bethesda is being cagey as to not make people hold off on the upcoming PS4 and XB1 versions coming this holiday to buy the Switch version.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2016, 05:21:21 PM »
That really only confirms my hesitance. Seeing Bethesda and Epic on the partner list is a big deal to someone like myself, and this message from Bethesda is only confirmation of what I'm already leery of: lack of western 3rd party support. In the past, these developers have been very lukewarm to Nintendo's meak hardware.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2016, 05:47:00 PM »
You know, if this replaces the DS line, does that mean we'll finally have quality Pokemon titles on a console?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2016, 05:49:56 PM »
You know, if this replaces the DS line, does that mean we'll finally have quality Pokemon titles on a console?

No, they're going to release a separate handheld that only plays the new pokemon game on it sort of like old school Game & Watches that were one game per unit. If that doesn't work, then they'll just release them on mobile phones after Pokémon Go showed what a success that could be. In the end, a main Pokémon game must never be released on a console. That was the agreement Nintendo signed with Sony, Sega and Microsoft to make the videogame market a fair fight.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2016, 05:52:40 PM »

No, they're going to release a separate handheld that only plays the new pokemon game on it sort of like old school Game & Watches that were one game per unit. If that doesn't work, then they'll just release them on mobile phones after Pokémon Go showed what a success that could be. In the end, a main Pokémon game must never be released on a console. That was the agreement Nintendo signed with Sony, Sega and Microsoft to make the videogame market a fair fight.

lol@fair fight.

They must have also agreed to remain at least a generation behind.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2016, 05:59:34 PM »

lol@fair fight.

They must have also agreed to remain at least a generation behind.

Well, yeah. Nintendo is arrogant like that. They said they could beat them all with one hand tied behind their back. And then they did while using the other hand to swing a Wiimote. Ha ha ha! Nintendo is just toying with their competition. They know they could run easily defeat and decimate them all. But they've done that already and having no competition in a game makes it lose its appeal. Nintendo is made of gamers. They're just making a game out of the market and having fun with the challenges they come up with to compete against everyone despite the advantages they let the competition have and the handicap they put on themselves.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2016, 06:05:34 PM »
That really only confirms my hesitance. Seeing Bethesda and Epic on the partner list is a big deal to someone like myself, and this message from Bethesda is only confirmation of what I'm already leery of: lack of western 3rd party support. In the past, these developers have been very lukewarm to Nintendo's meak hardware.

Epic Games seemed to be appear in the tech section of the third party partner list for Unreal Engine 4. Just like Unity and such.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2016, 06:09:24 PM »

Epic Games seemed to be appear in the tech section of the third party partner list for Unreal Engine 4. Just like Unity and such.

Good point.

We'll see how many games EA announces for the NS launch. At the present rate, it's not looking very positive with Bethesda being noncommittal on Skyrim.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2016, 06:10:25 PM »
I just think Bethesda doesn't want the Switch version to overshadow the versions coming out this holiday. I could be wrong, but I'm hopeful!  :D

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2016, 07:31:49 PM »
I'm cool with anything, as long as they call it SplaTWOon. Spla2n will also be accepted.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2016, 08:39:24 PM »
C'mon, this isn't like that Wii U E3 sizzle real.

Skyrim is prominently featured in the friggin' switch reveal video and Bethesda is listed as one of the developers onboard. There's absolutely no way that isn't a real game. I have no idea why Nintendo wouldn't let them officially announce the game, but as was pointed out they haven't even officially announced anything besides Zelda, which was already announced. We also haven't seen any other companies come out and announce Switch titles. They appear to be holding back until the full launch showcase, for whatever reason. Hopefully it's soon.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2016, 09:49:03 PM »
C'mon, this isn't like that Wii U E3 sizzle real.

Skyrim is prominently featured in the friggin' switch reveal video and Bethesda is listed as one of the developers onboard. There's absolutely no way that isn't a real game. I have no idea why Nintendo wouldn't let them officially announce the game, but as was pointed out they haven't even officially announced anything besides Zelda, which was already announced. We also haven't seen any other companies come out and announce Switch titles. They appear to be holding back until the full launch showcase, for whatever reason. Hopefully it's soon.
Well...

I just rewatched the Wii U sizzle reel from E3 2012. Dirt, Alien: Colonial Marines, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online, and Metro: Last Light never made it to Wii U. All four were shown right in a row after Darksiders 2. In the case of Metro: Last Light, its developer, 4A Games, even openly mocked Wii U before the port was cancelled.

Right now, to be fair, this is almost exactly like the Wii U E3 2012 sizzle reel. I can't see NBA 2K17 releasing on Switch. The season is almost over at that point. It's encouraging that Bethesda is even on record to support Switch, but after it backtracked on confirming Skyrim, I'm not ready to believe the game is really coming to Switch until pretty much when I see it in stores. The reaction to portable Skyrim has made the most noise out of any of these games from the reveal trailer so that's something.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2016, 11:20:41 PM »
I think Nintendo ought to go hard after these games. Frankly, I can't believe they would promote their hardware with games that don't even make it to release for their system.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2016, 11:32:46 PM »
Would say, a Fallout 4 GOTY release (that hopefully frickin' works) be an acceptable substitute for Skyrim if it came to it?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2016, 12:01:44 AM »
Why wouldn't they show that then? It just seems completely illogical if Skyrim doesn't come to NX, especially considering it was the No.2 game they ever showed for the system.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2016, 12:32:56 AM »
I actually don't want 3rd parties to do what they did for the Wii U.  If you are just releasing an old port.  STOP don't do it.   If you are releasing the same game at the same time as the others...then go ahead with the port.  But if you release a port that is 6 months to a year old on a new system that doesn't have a proven user base you are not going to get the sales results you expect....and it won't be the systems fault it will be yours.

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2016, 10:06:23 AM »
Well my brother in law in the business works for a company whose name is not on that list but he confirmed they are making something for the system. He won't say what of course but he said as of right now they can confirm there are working on something. But from my past discussions with him not fishing but knowing him, for his studio to be excited for the system is HUGE because they all mocked Wii and Wii U and they are not mocking this. He also has connections within other studios and said they all feel the same way there is no mocking going on behind the scenes as per usual so that is something. Again its one guys observations. He is a low level guy he is what you call a rigger which is nothing special but he has worked on AAA titles for the others and if he says he is excited for this then that is something.

His feelings are Nintendo has a hit on their hands and were wise to keep the lid on because MS and Sony are both in a position to steal their thunder and Nintendo was waiting to make sure MS and Sony were firmly locked into the incremental upgrades before showing their hand because it makes it harder for the other two to change directions now. This way if they other two want to copy this it would be no better than their half assed attempt to get in on Motion controls only they both have machines and tech on the market that could be adapted to this sort of thing and its too late for them to turn either of those around without backing away from their new consoles on the way.

Anyways its not much but I get the impression the game my in law is working on will be a western exclusive or western style action game. Only because I know what he has worked on before and what his team does. Not western as in cowboys and Indians I mean American style action game.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2016, 11:07:34 AM »
supermario2k, you are the light that keeps me hopeful about the NS.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2016, 10:08:45 AM »
https://twitter.com/wbgames/status/801077794922844160

WB Games Twitter announces that Lego City Undercover is going multi-platform. PS4/XB1/Switch/Steam. Spring 2017. Not sure if a "remaster" or just a straight port. Probably the later.

EDIT: Also added a handful of indie games that have also been announced for Switch.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:16:00 AM by Soren »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2016, 10:17:41 AM »
Good, Lego City Undercover deserves more love.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2016, 12:25:12 PM »
Here come da ports!

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2016, 12:26:48 PM »
Here come da ports!

I'm glad that people who missed the Wii U launch get the chance to experience it a second time.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2016, 12:58:13 PM »
Funny how much attention LEGO City Undercover has gotten recently, right?  :)

I'm kind of torn on this one in a way.  Genuinely felt the game was one of the Wii U's best exclusives... of course, very few third party exclusives stay that way, and it never did quite seem to get the broad audience it deserved. Gamepad stuff wasn't ever (I think) necessary so shouldn't be that hard to fix, but it was a bonus and I'll kind of miss it.  Here's hoping for shorter load times!
NNID: ejamer