Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS Coming 2016  (Read 3582 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Fire Emblem 3DS Coming 2016
« on: April 01, 2015, 12:05:00 PM »

Wait a bit longer to take out your blade.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/39980/fire-emblem-3ds-coming-2016

New details for the unnamed Fire Emblem game were released in the Nintendo Direct, including a 2016 release date.

The game will allow you to create the min character as either gender, and sets them up as born in one of two warring races but raised by the other. One side will be for new players while the other is for Fire Emblem veterans and focuses on changing the group from within.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem 3DS Coming 2016
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 07:53:06 PM »
Yeah, I think I'll take the path of Nohr......

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 07:55:14 PM »
I may care about this after I play some games in this series.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 10:10:14 PM »
YES! YES! YES!
Awaking was amazing so hopefully this lives up to it.
Made you look ****.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 11:18:19 PM »
In Japan there are two versions but some people are saying that there is only going to be on in the U.S and the other version will be DLC. Any clarification on this?
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 11:26:31 PM »
We don't know. No details for the west versions have been announced.

From Gaf:

Game is sold in two separate versions. After buying one, the other path is available as discounted DLC, as is a third storyline. Limited edition will contain all storylines.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 02:25:38 PM »
I dont' care if you have to buy two versions, it's still Fire Emblem! Shut up and take my money!

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 06:37:22 PM »
Disc locked content or in this case, cart locked content.  It sounds like there's a turning point in the story where you are led down a path (A) and if you want to play path (B) you have to buy it to unlock it :( even though it's one the cart.

On top of that is another "arc" path C which might be more or less filler or side story for one of those other character but not much is known about it other than it's DAY 1 content that you have to purchase to unlock.

----------------------
I was all for Nintendo and DLC but this is BS.  Capcom tried this a failed (SFxT).

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 06:45:38 PM »
In japan there will be an standard edition or collector's edition (which includes all three arcs as well as art book). 

There's no plan for a limited edition digital copy (meaning standard only).

----------------

Not sure what the Japanese think about this but man, that 's just brutal sh!t IMO. 

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 11:05:02 PM »
Man, after their Code Name: STEAM and seeing this new trailer, I want a Valkyria Chronicles-style full 3D Fire Emblem on Wii U. Or maybe a new Battalion Wars or something…

Interesting, I didn’t know that there are multiple versions of game in Japan. Wonder how it will be released elsewhere.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 12:03:27 AM »
Okay, I'm pulling a quote from ANN here.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-02/fire-emblem-if-trailer-unveils-diverging-story/.86681

"The physical edition will ship in Japan in two different versions, Byakuya ĹŚkoku (White Night Kingdom) and Anya ĹŚkoku (Dark Night Kingdom), each following one of the two choices. The digital edition will have the option of choosing either path at the game's sixth chapter. This option can be added to either of the two physical editions as a DLC for an extra 2,000 yen (about US$17)."

So if it is localized the same way as in Japan, then physical buyers will be punished (unless you buy the limited edition.

I see NOA just releasing the White Knight Kingdom version and offering the other story as DLC.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 01:34:57 AM »
Man, after their Code Name: STEAM and seeing this new trailer, I want a Valkyria Chronicles-style full 3D Fire Emblem on Wii U. Or maybe a new Battalion Wars or something…

Or that Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn get released as VC content at some point in the future.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 09:18:34 PM »

Or that Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn get released as VC content at some point in the future.

How about a director's cut edition of both games with better integration and then a 3rd game in that story line? Those games had the most of my favorite characters of all the FEs.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast