Author Topic: Is there any chance of Beyond Good & Evil 2 coming to Switch?  (Read 13798 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any chance of Beyond Good & Evil 2 coming to Switch?
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2017, 12:20:36 AM »
Apparently Laura Kate Dale was suicidal early today from backlash over this. It's just a game, if it doesn't come to Switch we'll live.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2017, 12:46:32 AM »
Wait, she received backlash after Ubisoft released a CGI trailer with no announced platforms and despite Michel Ancel flat-out fucking telling everyone nearly three weeks ago that Beyond Good and Evil 2 would not be at E3?

I hate people.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:23:52 AM by Adrock »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2017, 01:28:15 AM »
I think she was more summarising the entire process, specially with the Rabbids rumors as well. Being questioned during this whole time has probably left a heavy toll on her, so I'm glad she's feeling at least a tiny bit vindicated.

And while I would agree she has earned my complete trust (I've backed her pretty much since the start) I just don't think this game has any chance to come to Switch. The current list of games Ubisoft currently has for Switch (no more Steep, apparently) back up that gut feeling.

If Laura ends of being wrong about BG&E2 coming to Switch it won't mean a thing. She's still a top notch journalist in my view.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2017, 10:11:40 AM »
I think Steep is still coming: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/steep-switch

The have that Olympics DLC coming, so they are keeping the game alive. Bundle it with the Switch version to justify the full price.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 10:17:45 AM »
The person who told her about Grant Kirkhope doing the music for Kingdom Battle is the same person who told her Nintendo partially funded BG&E2 in exchange for a 1 year exclusivity on it, so who knows.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 11:22:19 AM »
Apparently Laura Kate Dale was suicidal early today from backlash over this. It's just a game, if it doesn't come to Switch we'll live.

Jesus that's awful, did people attack her for not lining up precisely with what Ubisoft is(n't) communicating? Man this is exactly what people mean when they say gamer culture is extremely toxic. It's so embarrasing. Absolutely despicable that people somehow need reminding that maybe it's not cool to threaten people over a freaking game.

Besides maybe Switch was originally the intended platform and they decided to go multi-plat later on. Or maybe they've simply not decided yet, who knows. I mean as a pretty loyal Nintendo customer I want it to be on Switch for purely selfish reasons, but if not I'll find a way to play it regardless. Like you say, it's just a game in the end.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2017, 01:52:46 PM »
I'm hoping they'll re-release the first game (or have they already?).

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 02:07:39 PM »
I'm hoping they'll re-release the first game (or have they already?).

There's a HD remaster on Xbox 360 and PS3, released back in 2011 or 2012 I think. Mostly cleans up textures and such, it's supposed to be a decent improvement and since the game skews towards cartoony I imagine it has aged pretty gracefully.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2017, 08:23:57 AM »
So I just signed up for the space monkey beta thing they promoted on the conference. Platforms listed were PC PS4 and Xbox.

Offline Wanderlei

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2017, 12:32:42 PM »
I think they must be still shopping the exclusivity around behind the scenes. Or whoever has bought it doesn't want it made known yet.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2017, 01:44:05 PM »
I think they must be still shopping the exclusivity around behind the scenes. Or whoever has bought it doesn't want it made known yet.

Am I wrong in thinking the only company that would want to keep an exclusivity deal secret is Nintendo? Seems a bit backwards from why you would pay for an exclusive.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2017, 03:08:57 PM »
LKD is hit-or-miss with rumors, which is fine.  She is a conduit for people to pass rumors to without being identified.  I don't think she should be blamed when the rumors don't pan out, or given particular credit when they do.  The only thing that would discredit her is if she did something shady like revealing sources.  I guess there is a bigger philosophical/moral question of whether it is right to reveal these things to begin with.  Spoiling a surprise for the passionate team behind a game is pretty lame and immature.

Offline Wanderlei

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2017, 11:40:50 PM »

Am I wrong in thinking the only company that would want to keep an exclusivity deal secret is Nintendo? Seems a bit backwards from why you would pay for an exclusive.

Makes sense in some ways. If it is announced as Switch exclusive now, everyone that doesn't like Switch/Nintendo will start shitting on the game or stop paying attention to it. People get salty as hell over Nintendo 3rd party exclusives, eg Bayonetta 2 caused melt downs. If the platform remains a mystery everyone continues to grow interest in it instead of tearing it down because they don't like platform its on.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2017, 02:57:23 AM »
Makes sense in some ways. If it is announced as Switch exclusive now, everyone that doesn't like Switch/Nintendo will start shitting on the game or stop paying attention to it. People get salty as hell over Nintendo 3rd party exclusives, eg Bayonetta 2 caused melt downs. If the platform remains a mystery everyone continues to grow interest in it instead of tearing it down because they don't like platform its on.

Makes sense in some ways, but then again, they're gonna have to announce it sooner or later right? Even if the game isn't gonna be done for another year or 2. So at some point you're gonna have to announce platforms, and while I guess the current marketing allows for every option still, it seems like IF they were going for exclusivity you might as well announce that right away.

If it's an exclusive now you're gonna annoy people who got their hopes up after all right?

Anyway I'll reiterate here for Ubisoft's marketing peeps: hello, I want to buy Beyond Good & Evil 2 please with crispy crispy dolla dollaz and I wish to do so on Switch if at all possible. Merci beaucoup!

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2017, 09:28:54 AM »
Ancel is been clear in saying there won't be exclusives. But then again how much is your word worth when you told journalists you weren't going to show any BG&E 2 at E3 this year?

Offline Wanderlei

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2017, 10:10:15 AM »
Strange they show what they did without naming  platform. Maybe its multi-plat but they haven't decided which platforms yet.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2017, 12:54:20 PM »

Bayonetta 2 was a unique situation though.  The Wii U was really flopping hard so Bayonetta fans didn't want to have to buy a DOA product to play the game.  The Switch however has been successful thus far and has a concept that gamers are accepting.  Normally an exclusive can help sell a console but the Wii U's future was so bleak that it came across more like shifting a game series to a dead platform where it would rot in obscurity.  People WANT the Switch so exclusives will only help it.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2017, 01:36:19 PM »
Even if Nintendo was locking down a timed exclusive and wanted to keep it secret, why wouldn't the Switch version be available for the test monkey thing?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2017, 03:00:03 PM »
If it is a Switch exclusive, I am very impressed with the budget they had for the trailer.  In general, Ubisoft had trailers that made most others look like they came from a random Youtuber.  That's not to say that they had much to do with the actual games, but whatever team made them is crazy talented.

P.S.  Please leave my name like this forever.  Can't kong me now.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 03:01:37 PM by DonkeyBilly Kong »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2017, 03:25:12 PM »
P.S.  Please leave my name like this forever.  Can't kong me now.

Lol. Alright. But if you ever do want it changed back, let me know and I can do that for you. Also, if you are looking for more DK fun, you may want to check out the Randomly Generated Funhouse located in the Community Forums section.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
    • View Profile

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2017, 05:34:58 PM »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2017, 10:13:24 PM »
Yeah this is definitely next gen, seamless loading on a solar system scale, yet it scales down to third person adventure? Plus vehicles and custom characters? 2020 at earliest.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2017, 10:17:00 PM »
Vaporware?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2017, 10:27:11 PM »
Vivendiware!