Author Topic: Episode 291: Good Night, Sweet Prince  (Read 18804 times)

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 291: Good Night, Sweet Prince
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2012, 06:13:17 PM »
The Bills have adopted the method of my Cleveland Browns, where they have two decent, inconsistent QBs that would be very good backups instead of a real starter.

Otto Graham "for the win"!!

... he's from my hometown.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2012, 06:30:29 PM »
Up until Fitzpatrick signed his new contract last year, he was a very good QB (not "inconsistant").
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2012, 06:43:37 PM »
I don't know if I'd go as far as very good. And in this league, what's important is what you've done lately, and lately he's been inconsistent.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ignoramus

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2012, 12:38:19 AM »
The first episode of RFN that I listened to was episode 280 so I am a new listener, but eleven episodes in and I must say Greg's insights were one of the best parts of the show. I will miss you Greg!

That being said, being a new listener has its benefits. I was introduced to Guillaume in the second week of listening to the podcast so this transition will be a welcome one! I look forward to future episodes.

Lastly I am interested (and hope) to see if James tries a hand in RE:R's multiplayer which is something that Greg didn't do when he talked about the game. I think Capcom made a valiant effort in their Raid mode that adds a good amount of replay value to the game as well as adds a layer of depth that we haven't seen in other RE games.
3DS Friend Code: 0516-7436-5160
I love games and wrasslin.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2012, 03:25:57 AM »
I had to put this episode off for awhile because I knew I couldn't listen to it in my normal public podcast listening setting due to the high probability of crying at some point during the episode. And sure enough, there were tears. Damn you, James.

It really does feel like saying goodbye to a good friend. Thanks for everything Greg. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Offline Oldgast

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2012, 04:47:04 AM »
I have listened to the show for about a year and it won't be the same without Greg. It was nice to have someone representing us europeans and I really like his sense of humour.

Offline adadad

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2012, 08:58:10 PM »
It was very difficult for me to listen to this show, but I was happy to hear that other fans expressed what needs to be said: Greg has contributed a hell of a lot to this great show over the past 4 years. I've been listening since about episode 50, and the show never really took off for me until a few episodes in with James, Jonny, Jon and Greg. Since then I've been avid, looking forward to the show every week. I've never missed an episode in that time, so I don't feel ashamed to say how much RFN feels like a part of my life at this point. Greg, your hard work is much appreciated.

One of my favourite moments of the show was when you guys read out my joke email about Kate Middleton's wedding, Greg's response was perfect.

Good luck Greg and we all hope to hear from you soon.

Offline Glad0s

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2012, 04:50:25 PM »
Ha, I love how this heartfelt thread eventually fell into football talk. In true Greg fashion, I suppose. Anyway, I just want to say that this was one hell of an episode, and Greg, you will be truly missed. Also, James's speech was probably the saddest thing I've ever heard on a podcast. The only thing that could have made it greater would be if the theme from Twin Peaks had been used as the outro music. ;)
"Isn't Karl like Mexican or something"