Author Topic: SNES Classic thread  (Read 35233 times)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: SNES Classic thread
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2017, 10:55:44 AM »
- A lot of the controller options I found for the retropie didn't feel great (even 8bitdo).  These controllers feel really close to the originals.
Gah, I have two 8bitdo controllers preordered. I heard good things.

Don't let my impressions dissuade you.  I'm finding as I get older that i'm pretty particular about classic games and the way I play them.  it also could be i'm used to the mushiness of my older controller buttons, and the ones I got from 8bitdo felt a little more stiff to press.

They generally seem well praised by most online reviews I looked at, i'm sure you'll be fine.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2017, 11:13:55 AM »
I’m definitely still keeping the preorder. I’ll report back once they come in. I haven’t even opened my Super Nintendo Classic. I’m trying to track one down for a friend’s birthday. Wish me luck.

EDIT: I managed to track down a Super Nintendo Classic for my friend. I got the last one at GameStop. Baller.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:29:38 PM by Adrock »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2017, 10:54:39 PM »
Got one at GameStop today, there were two left after that. Added 17 games before even hooking it up to my TV.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2017, 12:43:12 AM »
Got one at GameStop today, there were two left after that. Added 17 games before even hooking it up to my TV.

"Florida Man Violates DMCA"

What games did you add? Chrone Trigger? Turtles in Time?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2017, 08:39:48 AM »
So far all the MK games, Earthworm Jim, DKC2 & 3, Maximum Carnage, Separation Anxiety, Spider-Man, Arcade's Revenge, X-Men Mutant Apocalypse, Mario All-Stars, can't remember the other 3 right now. Turtles in Time, Chrono Trigger and Act Raiser will be added tonight.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2017, 05:33:13 PM »
So I've played more Star Fox 2 and I beat it?  Huh?  I can't even get to Venom on the easiest path in Star Fox 1 yet I beat Star Fox 2.  It's a very creative but short game.  Now I only got a D score so there's room for improvement and I really had a blast beating it.  Beat-in-one-sitting is not that uncommon during the SNES years.
Unlike the first Star Fox, the game gets lengthier on higher difficulty settings. "Normal" is really just an easy mode to introduce you to the concepts, though "Hard" isn't all that much longer. "Expert" is around twice the length of Hard, and one run has you visiting all six planets, four battle cruisers, and various other odds and ends. Expert is the "true" game.

A note about ranks, the scoring does not take difficulty setting into account. Therefore, you can't get the highest rank unless you play on Expert, and on Normal "C" is probably about the best you could do.

That's perhaps the best nostalgic element of the SNES Classic, it has recreated the feeling of a new SNES game being released!
The SNES Classic is also $80 USD, which is about what Star Fox 2 would have been priced had it released in 1996.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2017, 10:44:17 PM »
Yeah, SNES games were pricey. I remember saving a long time to get StarFox because of its $70-80 price tag. I think it had to do with the SuperFX chip tech.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 10:57:33 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2017, 08:35:21 PM »
Just FYI, Terranigma & Illusion of Gaia ARE working now on the SNES Classic. If you already tried to install them, you have to remove & re-add them under the latest version of Hakchi2. That will prompt the program to warn you that you'll need to install a 3rd party emulator to run them. Just make sure you patch Terranigma with the patch already in Hakchi's "patches" folder, & make sure you install the Retromod emulator mod.

Yeah, it requires some trial & error, bit it does work. I just worked it out on my own SNES Classic.

Best of luck. You might be glad you played Terranigma sometime in the future, so if you're interested, it works now
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.