Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157256 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #4650 on: September 10, 2022, 10:47:10 PM »
Good stuff from D23. I'm pretty surprised about that Thunderbolts lineup. It seemed like they were going more Dark Avengers-y, but now it feels more mixed.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: September 11, 2022, 05:35:26 PM »
Happy so get more David Harbour. Some interesting stuff coming. I am wondering what will happen with Abomination and Zemo since they have gotten cameos.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: September 19, 2022, 12:08:17 PM »
I should've posted this sooner, but this is the new attraction coming to Avengers Campus in Disneyland revolving around an experience of the Avengers taking on the multi-verse King Thanos

https://twitter.com/Avengers/status/1569024266481422342?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1569024266481422342%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: September 27, 2022, 06:40:37 PM »
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/deadpool-3-hugh-jackman-wolverine-1235385694/

Hugh Jackman is back as Wolverine for Deadpool 3!

This is why I never take actor's words when they say they are "done" with a character. Even if they really mean it, they can always change their minds later.

I still think they should have worked something out for Chris Evans to stay on even in a repeating cameo role and letting him have opportunities to direct shows or films since half his reason for wanting to move on was to explore directing more. Gives him some experience doing it and lets him stay on.

He could still return if the money is good enough or if he gets an itching to pick up the shield again.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: October 17, 2022, 01:30:25 PM »
Harrison Ford joins the MCU as General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross for Captain America: NWO, and I can only assume, the upcoming Thunderbolts.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/harrison-ford-set-as-general-thaddeus-thunderbolt-ross-for-captain-america-new-world-order-will-star-opposite-anthony-mackie-1235146944/

and this would be who Valentina was recruiting for....? or maybe Wong is recruiting for?
or maybe both... but only because I suspect Abomination will join the Thunderbolts?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4655 on: October 20, 2022, 09:16:44 PM »
I imagine the Wong/Abomination relationship might imply that the former has a need or seeking to help the latter not be in jail. But I could see him going for the Thunderbolts job in order to have "legit" work.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: November 11, 2022, 03:50:56 PM »
Wakanda Forever was Dope.

Namor was Dope. the winged ankles kick ass. See them in action and then try to disagree.
I would love to see Namor get his own movie. the world of Talokan and the Adventures of Namor could use more spotlight.

Tribute to Boseman and T'Challa was handled extremely well.
check the spoiler thread for more thoughts.....

Don't wait for the D+ stream, go see it in theaters.

The way Marvel weaved the Latin American Lore and History into the story was a really nice touch.

and FYI, there is only a Mid Credit Scene. just 1.
do not wait around for a Post-Credit scene as there isn't one.

You're welcome.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: November 11, 2022, 05:50:21 PM »
Don't wait for the D+ stream, go see it in theaters.
I'm glad it's good, but I'm waiting for streaming. That's part of the reason I pay for the app. The only Phase 4 movie I saw in theaters is No Way Home because Spider-Man is my favorite and since it's Sony, it wouldn't be on Disney+.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: December 02, 2022, 09:06:49 AM »
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3V5KDHRQvk

Looks like High Evolutionary maybe? And an exploration into Rockets origin... I believe that is what was rumored.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: December 02, 2022, 03:30:01 PM »
I wonder how many of these actors are just going to fly over to DC when their characters die?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: January 17, 2023, 12:37:21 PM »
Looks like Black Panther 2 and Ant-Man 3 gonna get that China release!!!
https://deadline.com/2023/01/china-marvel-ban-ends-black-panther-wakanda-forever-ant-man-and-the-wasp-quantumania-release-dates-1235224248/

But what I wonder, is do they speed run the other missed movies through the Chinese theaters as well?

MCU Movies missed by China so far:
Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals, Spider-Man NWH, Doctor Strange MOM, Black Panther WF

This could push BP2 over the $1B mark, as that's still relatively new.
Not sure how a theater run in China might help the rest of the movies, as they've all been out for quite a while now and likely been pirated to death, assuming there was no official DVD/Streaming release dubbed in local languages.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: January 18, 2023, 10:18:24 AM »
But what I wonder, is do they speed run the other missed movies through the Chinese theaters as well?
Probably not. I looked this up. China will generally ban anything with LGBTQ+ content. If a studio can edit it out, maybe it gets through. My favorite one though was the reason why Spider-Man: No Way Home was blocked from release: China wanted the Statue of Liberty edited out of the movie. LOL, that’s like the entire climax. I don’t know if maybe it would’ve been enough to just remove wide shots showing identifiable features of the statue. Clearly, Marvel/Disney didn’t even bother.

Criticizing China is the easiest way to get a movie banned, and Chinese censors are super-strict about it. If anyone associated with the movie was critical of China, that’s an automatic ban (i.e. Simu Liu from Shang-Chi). Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness apparently had a newspaper prop in the background of one scene that resulted in the whole film getting banned because the publication was once critical of China outside of the movie. If a studio makes a movie that’s critical of China, everything by that studio will be banned.

That said, I’m curious what magic Iger worked to get Chinese releases after so many consecutive bans. It wouldn’t surprise me if Marvel got enough movies banned in a row that China stopped reviewing them entirely and just banned them outright.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 01:02:39 PM by Adrock »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: January 18, 2023, 02:35:28 PM »
According to the article, this had a lot to do with it:
As we’ve previously reported, now that the 20th National Congress of the Chinese Communist Party, as well as 2021’s 100th anniversary of the Party, are out of the way, we hear there’s less fear within the government agencies. This was a big issue: No one wanted to make decisions or be seen as doing anything wrong at a time of geopolitical uncertainty and uncertainty within China. The Marvel issue seemed to stem from cultural and political sensitivities.

Which is why I was wondering if Disney, especially now that Iger is back in charge and negotiated the unbanning, would go back and make little "edits" to rake in an additional $100M-$200M Box Office on some of these movies that they could release.

BP2 crossing into the $1B territory is a good headline, and for status.
Doctor Strange, and Spider-Man getting some additional BO is always a plus.
Eternals getting any new money would be helpful

but since you mentioned it... Shang Chi is probably not getting that release, although I think it would've done really well there.

edit:
and then there is always this issue which could be why Iger might push to get those movies released to make that extra money.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/disney-nelson-peltz-ike-perlmutter-bob-iger-1235302095/

this is a fight between Iger and his apparent nemesis in Perlmutter and a hedge fund manager he sent to disrupt Iger and Disney (presumably since removed from Marvel Studios business....)
Aside from the succession problem, for example, it’s stating the obvious to say that streaming costs have to be reined in. But Iger also has some cards to play, aside from his reputation as one of the best executives in business. He’s already moved to respond to the sense that Disney (under ousted CEO Bob Chapek) was price-gouging at the theme parks. Avatar: The Way of Water is still rolling — just the kind of megahit that can drive many aspects of Disney business and there are more sequels ahead. And China just agreed to give valuable release dates for Marvel movies generally. (Not only are we extremely unlikely to see any Chinese villains but presumably the talent will be well-schooled to watch their words.)

Iger looking to maximize profits after Chapek was soiling that Disney park reputation. Pushing the missing Marvel movies into the Chinese Cinema seems like an easy win for both sides.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 12:14:25 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: February 13, 2023, 06:10:06 AM »
Guardians of the Galaxy 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqcncLPi9zw

I'm sure this will be fun as usual. A farewell tour for this group (as a group at least) and James Gunn as well.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: April 11, 2023, 10:20:47 AM »
The Marvels trailer has finally arrived.....

and picks up right where Ms. Marvel left off!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuk77TjvfmE

Honestly, looks fun.
Ms. Marvel was a mixed bag but the beginning and end were fun enough.
Kamala freaking out and fan girling from scene to scene is pretty funny though.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4665 on: April 15, 2023, 08:05:25 PM »
That looks great, imo. A nice, sci-fi romp. I'm all in.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: October 12, 2023, 12:02:57 AM »
Trouble in the land of the MCU TV..... as if the quality of the shows didn't speak for themselves.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/daredevil-marvel-disney-1235614518/

Daredevil got hit with the RESET as they scrap the current show, fire the writers and directors and apparently are starting over. And lots of stories of how troubled the Marvel TV productions was as they were being run by movie people like long movies instead of TV shows by TV people. Feige is looking to remedy that going forward starting with Daredevil.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: October 13, 2023, 06:50:54 AM »
Maybe hire the previous Daredevil people and just corral them on how the series is supposed to fit into the MCU and trust them.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: January 20, 2024, 12:55:45 PM »
Iron Heart wraps filming.

Hopefully this is the one to bring the excitement back to the MCU
https://x.com/DEADLINE/status/1748178729397006788?s=20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: January 21, 2024, 04:08:54 PM »
I saw an interesting proposal for a What If!?... S3 episode, or even a miniseries/multi episode arc.
Thought it would be interesting to discuss.

What if.... The other half blipped

As in Tony Stark, Hulk, Thor, Cap, and Captain Marvel etc etc all blipped, and Black Panther, Bucky, Spider, Wanda and Strange all stuck around....

Does it take them 5 years to figure it all out? Do they win at all? Do they just retest to an alternate dimension in the multiverse?

How would you all imagine that playing out?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: January 21, 2024, 05:57:37 PM »
That's easy.  Thanos turns to dust with the rest of the other half, someone walks over, picks up the gems and resets everything minus Thanos.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: January 22, 2024, 04:13:07 AM »
I would assume the bearer of the Gauntlet was the one person immune to affects of the action made with the Gauntlet.
So let's add that to the equation to keep it more interesting.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: February 13, 2024, 03:14:48 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the stone holder is immune since they are they one technically making the action. I assumed either consciously or sub-consciously the holder was actually choosing who would live and die with the enhanced power of the stones.
My Game Collection

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: February 13, 2024, 09:46:57 PM »
Actually... I take back my answer.

Thanos was wearing the Gauntlet with the stones.  Everyone who was dusted took everything they were wearing with them.  Clothes.  Fury's eye patch.  Bucky's arm.  It all went.

...if Thanos had been blipped, would the stones had gone with him?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: February 13, 2024, 11:51:08 PM »
Actually... I take back my answer.

Thanos was wearing the Gauntlet with the stones.  Everyone who was dusted took everything they were wearing with them.  Clothes.  Fury's eye patch.  Bucky's arm.  It all went.

...if Thanos had been blipped, would the stones had gone with him?

Could actually be a good inclusion in the "What If...?" S3 Idea mentioned earlier. The other half are dusted including Thanos and the gauntlet, and thus instead of the intro to Endgame we got they are already dealing with the loss of the stones as well.
My Game Collection