Linked Events

• Spirit Tracks release: December 07, 2009

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks  (Read 69853 times)

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2015, 01:52:51 AM »
Riiiissseeee… RIIIIISSSSSEEEEEE, oh ancient one... /threadnecromancer

Ahem. Hey all! Wow, I haven't been on in a long time. And in my many years of absence from NWR, brought on by an absence from Nintendo systems, I missed the release of this game.

Well, I recently found a 3DSXL for $99 at Target (Smash Bros version) thanks to DrewMG, so I'm back in the game! Obviously, Zeldas I missed are going to be on the backlog. Problem is, Spirit Tracks is surprisingly really hard to find now at a reasonable price. Cart-only copies are selling for like $30-40 on ebay. So, my point: I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where to go to track this game down. Really want to get a complete version, but don't need new/sealed (that cellophane is expensive).

Ideas?

P.S. - It's nice to see so many familiar people still around. Hiii!! :D
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2015, 02:46:16 AM »
Well, I will often check Kijiji for local sales. I'm not sure if you use that site in the states. Maybe that Craigslist thing or something. It's like local classifieds of different things people are selling. I've been able to get Four Swords, Ikaruga and Super Mario 3D World through it at good prices. The other source I still like to check out is EBGames which is now owned by Gamestop. At one point, Spirit Tracks was sold for 23-25 bucks there. A trade-in could potentially happen. Perhaps you could have them do a stock check.

Those are just a couple options of the top of my head.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2015, 02:57:25 AM »
There's the possibility that it will end up available on a digital download service, but if that happens it's a lot more likely to be on the Wii U.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2015, 11:01:08 AM »
This reminds me that I should go back and complete this game. I don't remember if I had finished it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2015, 04:54:12 PM »
I started Spirit Tracks on the 3DS when I first got it but didn't because of the Launch 3DS mic register blowing terribly.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2015, 07:27:57 PM »
Wait, this game is becoming valuable? Really? I never opened my copy I got on the cheap, I wonder if I shouldn't...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »
Sell it to a sealed game collector and they buy a used copy and something else with the proceeds.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2015, 10:54:50 PM »
Thanks everyone for the advice. Gamestop was a strikeout for me, as were all local game shops and dept./toy/electronics stores and craigslist, but good ol' ebay came through. I feel really fortunate to have nabbed a complete used copy for $30. Obviously that means new/sealed ones are going for much more.

Mop it up, that rustling sound you hear coming from your game shelf is the sweet, sweet sound of money growing.
Twitter

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2015, 05:32:37 PM »
Oh hey, it's decoyman! I don't think I've seen you around here since the haydays on the Mafia games. How you been mate? Will we be seeing more of you around these parts?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2015, 06:06:46 PM »
You just realized that now?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2015, 05:09:48 PM »
Yeah, for some reason the name didn't click with his first post, and then with his second one I remembered. Funny how that works eh?

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2015, 03:32:53 PM »
Oh hey, it's decoyman! I don't think I've seen you around here since the haydays on the Mafia games. How you been mate? Will we be seeing more of you around these parts?
Haha, yes, hi! It's been awhile. We'll see if I stick around… I'm guessing my status will be a bit more than "completely non-existent" for at least the near future. :) (doubt I'll ever be as active as I once was, though I might have a mafia game in me yet…)

In on-topic news, I got my copy from ebay, and it's great! I'm, much to my homework's detriment, completely hooked. Honestly, it's sort of like I haven't had candy in a long time, and someone's like, HERE HAVE A BAG and then I eat it all at once. It's sorta bad.

I wasn't sold on the whole train travel thing initially (like, when I heard about the game's premise when it was originally announced long ago), but it's interesting. Reminds me a lot of Windwaker's sailing, and like sailing there's good and bad. I haven't had a chance to upgrade my engine yet, but I'm hoping the others aren't just cosmetic or health-related, and that at least some make you go faster. Warping is fine, but I haven't figured out where everything takes me yet. I'd explore a bit more, but the story is whipping me this way and that "Gotta save so-and-so!" "Oh, we need to go here!" so I feel a little guilty just exploring and side-questing. Overall, though, good stuff (which is to be expected from a Zelda…)!
Twitter

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2015, 03:47:06 PM »
Nice. Maybe I should crack open my copy and play through it also. I finally got around to playing Phantom Hourglass about 4 or 5 months ago and it was quite enjoyable though there were a couple things I did not like about it but they weren't the same things other people complain about. I really liked the touchscreen controls. I was tempted to dive right into Spirit Tracks after finishing up PH but I held off to save it for later since there are no other touch screen Zelda's after it.

Right now I'm playing Kirby: Canvas Curse for the first time as well. I'm progressing through it pretty well. It's not as hard as I feared or remember hearing about back when it released. I had planned to play Chrono Trigger DS next and finally get around to playing that game but I've delayed doing that so long, why not play Spirit Tracks first? (So many DS games I still have to play. Why did I buy so many?)