Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 500523 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1750 on: February 02, 2015, 10:14:33 AM »
So here's the deal, Nintendo says that Elite Status members for 2015 will be able to choose from a "wide variety of 3DS and Wii U games". Are those games going to be the same games that were just announced. Could I get W101 for free as a Platinum(ha!) member instead of spending the 600 coins?
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: February 02, 2015, 11:01:10 AM »
So here's the deal, Nintendo says that Elite Status members for 2015 will be able to choose from a "wide variety of 3DS and Wii U games". Are those games going to be the same games that were just announced. Could I get W101 for free as a Platinum(ha!) member instead of spending the 600 coins?

As I said elsewhere, this is why I'm waiting. Buying physical goods ASAP is a great idea, but anyone who has hit Gold/Platinum status should hold off on buying digital codes until they see what those rewards will be.

My guess is that the Gold/Platinum rewards will be taken from that list, but probably just a select group of titles to pick from?  Who knows though.
NNID: ejamer

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: February 02, 2015, 11:10:18 AM »
I'm still figuring out what I want to do with the remaining 775 coins I'll have after that.

Get 800 coins, order me the Majora's Mask bag, then get a $20 eShop card from me? :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: February 02, 2015, 01:09:28 PM »
Gold = One free game
Platinum = Two free games
Games are picked from the list available.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: February 02, 2015, 01:36:20 PM »
Source?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: February 02, 2015, 01:41:34 PM »
Source?
No, that is my feeble wish for the rewards.

We probably will receive digital titles only because of how easy it is. But who knows, we weren't expecting actual good physical goodies either  :P:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:43:53 PM by Triforce Hermit »
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: February 02, 2015, 01:50:14 PM »
They've already stated the Elite Rewards will be digital downloads.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: February 02, 2015, 01:56:08 PM »
Source?
No, that is my feeble wish for the rewards.

We probably will receive digital titles only because of how easy it is. But who knows, we weren't expecting actual good physical goodies either  :P: :

I like your wish but suspect it's more likely we'll get a limited subset of games to pick from, with Platinum including 600-700 point games and Gold including 200-250 point games.  At least that's my guess.

I'd be very ok with that as a final reward because I really want Super Mario Land 3D for free...  although suspect some people will already own most/all of the games that interest them.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: February 02, 2015, 02:59:17 PM »
That's all assuming that Nintendo feeds the wheel-spinning hamsters that run Club Nintendo. Right now, Club Nintendo's dying as it lived: with the site continuously down.

qft – Site's still on-again, off-again. :\

I managed to get in a few times and neeeeaaaarrrrly check out with an item, and then Wario pops his stupid head up, all like, "SOMETHING WENT WRONG BUT DON'T WORRY WARIO'S TAKING GOOD CARE OF YOUR COINS FOR YOU"  :@
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 03:01:18 PM by decoyman »
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: February 02, 2015, 07:13:01 PM »
I'm still figuring out what I want to do with the remaining 775 coins I'll have after that.

Get 800 coins, order me the Majora's Mask bag, then get a $20 eShop card from me? :D

I am willing to do the same. Offering $20 for a Majora Messenger bag. I'm short 300 coins.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: February 02, 2015, 09:57:48 PM »
Time to hit GameStop and take pictures of the Club Nintendo codes inside their open boxes.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: February 03, 2015, 07:26:12 PM »

I am willing to do the same. Offering $20 for a Majora Messenger bag. I'm short 300 coins.
These are selling for $100 on eBay so you'll have to pony up more dough.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: February 03, 2015, 07:35:16 PM »
But I give the code now and the other person just has to set it to ship to my address (I.e. no reshipping costs).  :D

Have those actualy *sold*?  Ouch...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: February 03, 2015, 07:44:23 PM »
I had heard about it secondhand and was just posting it as a joke, but I just now checked out of curiosity and there were 8 actually sold listings for the bag. The lowest was $85 and the highest was $125.

I'm sure the price will come down once people realise these are being made to order and there will be a lot of them floating around.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: February 03, 2015, 08:18:27 PM »
I had heard about it secondhand and was just posting it as a joke, but I just now checked out of curiosity and there were 8 actually sold listings for the bag. The lowest was $85 and the highest was $125.

I'm sure the price will come down once people realise these are being made to order and there will be a lot of them floating around.

Ha - just wait until they see the quality. If prices haven't dropped before then, people will probably be willing to take less. I mean, it's a nice enough reward but not really worth more than $20 even as a collectible.

(Assuming quality is the same as the Super Mario Star Messenger Bag they sold earlier.)

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: February 05, 2015, 10:15:43 AM »
When do you think we'll hear about the gold and plat rewards for 2015? Obvious after the date, but I want to know if they are planning on giving good **** rather than some of the stuff that's already on the list.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: February 05, 2015, 01:36:36 PM »
Watch, it will be "pick anything we still have in stock as your prize!" Only by the time that rolls around all the physical items will be sold out.
My Game Collection

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: February 05, 2015, 02:01:51 PM »
If Nintendo opts for all digital Gold/Platinum Rewards, I'd be pretty happy if one of them was Wii Sports Club.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: February 05, 2015, 02:45:48 PM »
I'm almost certain they already said it was only going to be digital games.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: February 05, 2015, 04:14:45 PM »
They did. Hopefully they include options apart from what they currently have on sale for coins, since I already owned everything worth owning there (and a bunch that isn't worth owning). My friend who I gave my old 3DS to when I bought my XL got a free copy of DKCR3D.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: February 05, 2015, 06:55:41 PM »
They did. Hopefully they include options apart from what they currently have on sale for coins, since I already owned everything worth owning there

Thus the problem with a rewards program that gives loyal customers free old games.  The most loyal customers already have the titles they want.

:(

Glad we got some great physical prizes here at the end - I would have been happy to get any of the three things I've ordered as a platinum prize - so that's a win for me!

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: February 06, 2015, 12:36:35 PM »
Flipnote Studio 3D release has been delayed because reasons.

EDIT: Also, it seems Club Nintendo is blocking IPs from outside the US, which would explain why I'm instantly bounced to the maintenance page as soon as I try to access it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:54:15 PM by Soren »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: February 07, 2015, 02:28:19 PM »
Hmmm... Gold and Platinum amiibo prizes leaked?

Now that would be a way to go out with a bang!
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: February 07, 2015, 02:48:12 PM »
Hmmm... Gold and Platinum amiibo prizes leaked?

Now that would be a way to go out with a bang!

I don't believe it at all - the cost is just way too high, and if the figures were already made then Nintendo wouldn't even have known how many to produce.  Plus they already announced (somewhat indirectly) that the prizes would be digital games.

Great rumor though.  It would be cool if they used these figures as some kind of "super platinum" and handed them to (for example) people who have been platinum members every year that Club Nintendo was a thing. Heck, it would be cool if these figures weren't just super rare and unavailable without resorting to overpaying scalpers (like most physical Nintendo goods seem to be these days).

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: February 07, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »
Nintendo already announced that the gold and platinum elite status prizes are a choice of a digital game, and they've stated the current batch of coin rewards are the final rewards, so we already know what we're getting. The only way those amiibos would be a Club Nintendo prize is if they decided to give something to members who reached platinum all seven years.

Flipnote Studio 3D release has been delayed because reasons.
Probably has to do with the site getting hit hard because of everyone going crazy to redeem their stuff.