Author Topic: IMPRESSIONS: Pro-Putt Domo  (Read 3666 times)

Offline mamacitalew

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
    • Movies!
IMPRESSIONS: Pro-Putt Domo
« on: June 03, 2009, 03:28:51 PM »
Domo hits the greens in this DSiWare game.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/impressionsArt.cfm?artid=18717

Pro-Putt Domo is part of the five game series of DSiWare games centering on the popular Domo character.  This game is a miniature golf game which has coins dispersed throughout the greens, which raise  the playerÂ’s score in addition to a better golf game.  The direction of the putt is displayed with a line of drive controlled by the D-Pad, and the putt is simple to do.  Tap A to begin, hold A to determine strength of putt, and tap A to hit the ball.  The goal is to not have the best golf score, but to collect coins along the way which make DomoÂ’s score even higher. Domo plays miniature golf on a nine hole course with a Par 3 during the Small Classic mode, but can also play at the Big Open, or simply take a Lesson.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: IMPRESSIONS: Pro-Putt Domo
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 02:34:40 PM »
That didn't tell me anything!  Is it fun to play?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »
Do you get the option to eat kittens?

Offline mamacitalew

• View Profile
    • Movies!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 02:58:26 PM »
It was fun to play because the courses were different, and the placement of the coins made you want to try to get as many as you could without going over par.  (Sorry for not having that in there -- I am new at this!)  Definitely no complaints, although it seems to fall into the water pretty easily, but I guess that is true to golf.

And no, no kittens being eaten on the greens.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 02:59:45 PM »
Any indication of when these games are being released and/or price point?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 03:05:24 PM »
This sounds like the ExciteButts of golf games.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline mamacitalew

• View Profile
    • Movies!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 03:53:33 PM »
Any indication of when these games are being released and/or price point?

The DSiWare guy at the Nintendo booth told me that there is no set release date (that he knows of) and that the price point should fall somewhere evenly in between the $2-8 range.... loads of help, I know.