Author Topic: Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Round 5  (Read 13248 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Round 5
« on: May 01, 2009, 06:09:58 AM »
Tyson's team, who once thought they had the tournament won was starting to see things starting be unraveled. This devastating outlook was reaffirmed by the tragic loss of one Tyson's trusted goons, Blackfootsteps. Before his match Blackfootsteps was attacked by an unknown assailent. Through his guts and willpower BFS still managed to make it to the ring int time for the bout against the impressive Mr. Dream. The bout went surprisingly well until he knocked Mr. Dream down. While the ref was counting BFS was hit from behind. As he was staggering he could see a little mac clone running off through the crowd. When he turned around Mr. Dream was up, and before he could react a devastating uppercut ended any chance of helping his team win the tournmanent. He could do nothing in the black void he was now in.

>>>>>>>>>>>

The Little Mac CLone, codename Maxi, was so proud of his accomplishment of helping Mr. Dream win, that he did not pay attention to the figure coming out of the shadowns in his locker room.  It was none other then Mike Tyson accompanied by one of his goons.

"The disrespect you guys have shown this tournament makes me sick. You really think I would let this stand anymore?" said Tyson "Goon, show him what happens to gutless and honorless cowards"

The goon stepped forward and while the Little Mac Clone tried to fight back he was overpowered and before he knew it he woke up in a hospital bed. His tournament dreams were over.

A few notes, remember we are taking a hiatus from the results. The day will still end at 9pm today but the results won't be revealed until Sunday night when day 6 starts.

Who was knocked out:

BFS Tyson Goon knocked out by vote
Maxi Knocked out by a Tyson Goon, he was a Little Mac Clone

The day ends at 9PM PST Friday.

Night actions are due by 10pm Friday night.

Mafia Godfather, send in your hit and your assassin.

Great Tiger send in your action tonight if you choose. Just remember when its gone, it is gone for the rest of the game

Doc Louis send in your protection action.

Mr. Dream send in your investigation.

Super Macho Man send in your frame-job.

People who NEED TO VOTE:
No one!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 06:08:59 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Re: Mafia XXXIV Punch-Out!! Round 5
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:09:37 AM »
Hmm, so no one feels like talking today?

I don't really have anything concrete to go on, but I feel the need to start the day out.  Looking at BFS's post history in the game, not much comes up.  He barely voted at all.

One thing that did call out to me was a "Any reason for that vote?" post to Stratos on day 2.  Call me crazy, but that comes off a little artificial in my mind, which makes me wonder if Stratos is mafia too...

Sooo... Vote Stratos
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 03:58:29 PM by Pale »
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 01:46:17 PM »
VOTE YOSHIDIOUS

Yesterday he made it a point not to vote for either BFS (a mafia goon) or Maxi (a townie).  He didn't want to vote for his teammate, but he was smart enough not to vote for Maxi because he knew it would bring suspicion on him when BFS' role was revealed.

Lucky for all of you, I'm smarter than that!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 02:43:58 PM »
Alright, But I think Pale is pretty suspicious too.

vote Yoshidious
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 05:01:37 PM by DAaaMan64 »
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 02:46:18 PM »
Given that my instincts on Maxi being a townie (despite some suspicion) were proven correct, I'm going to stick to my vote from yesterday once again and:

Vote Stratos

I feel it necessary to point out that Vudu's rationale for voting for me is assertion dressed up as deduction. I voted yesterday at almost the exact same time (I got the "someone has posted a reply" screen when I went to post) as Vudu declared his vote for Blackfootsteps (which was the first one that was cast against him), so the idea that I sat back and decided not to vote for either Blackfootsteps or Maxi is simply incorrect. Vudu, it seems like you're reaching here to "prove" something that cannot be proven.

As of now I'm more inclined to consider this as the result of failure to appropriately consider all the facts as opposed to anything more sinister given that Vudu had Blackfootsteps pegged, but that's subject to change given new info.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:31:44 PM by Yoshidious »
Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 03:10:35 PM »
I feel it necessary to point out that Vudu's rationale for voting for me is assertion dressed up as deduction.

Well played, Mr. Bond.  ::slow clap::
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 03:58:12 PM »
Voting Yoshidious as well
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 04:07:05 PM »
Well this is certainly going well.....notice that vudu had only a pithy remark and no actual retort to my argument, which is pretty much a concession that he pulled his vote out of nowhere and then created the rationalisation after the fact.
Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 04:09:26 PM »
You're half right.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 04:12:27 PM »
Looking at the evidence, I'm going to have to vote Yoshidious.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 04:31:10 PM »
You're half right.

If we assume that you're a townie, what you're implying would have just revealed your role in the game to everyone, which would be a foolish and irresponsible move to make just to be a smart alec.

I'm not going to accept you'd be that downright silly in that scenario, so therefore I'm switching my vote:

Vote vudu

Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 05:03:22 PM »
No you guys look at this thread.  Pale looks terribly guilty here. I'm serious. I'm voting Pale.

vote Pale

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 05:07:19 PM »
I'm not going to accept you'd be that downright silly in that scenario, so therefore I'm switching my vote:

And I'm not going to accept the downright silly scenario that you somehow think I'm mafia after I lead the bandwagon against BFS yesterday.

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 05:44:46 PM »
Clearly I agreed that it didn't seem likely you were mafia given what happened with BFS yesterday, as I explained in my first vote. However, that has now been trumped in my mind by the fact that you cannot expect us to believe you would let your role as investigator slip (when you were under no pressure to do so whatsoever) if that was really your role.

The only credible alternative I can think of is that your vote for BFS yesterday was an attempt at misdirection, hoping that it wouldn't end in him being eliminated, but if it did then it would insulate you from suspicion in the future. Now you're trying to make lemonade out of those lemons by giving everyone this "nudge-nudge wink-wink" routine that you're the investigator and so they should listen to you and all vote for me, which I rather doubt you would risk if you were really Mr. Dream.

That's why I've voted for you and there's nothing silly about it at all--I think I've made my reasoning perfectly clear, now it's for others to decide which argument makes more sense.
Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 06:17:14 PM »
OK, I've made it known that I'm suspicious of Pales whole 'stevey lesson' maneuver.

I'm also suspicious of Yoshidious because after I got that misleading PM from Rabicle I PM'd Yoshidious to warn him about it. I even talked Maxi into convincing the doctor to send his protection to Yoshidious because of it. This is the thanks I get, a suspicious accusation from the guy I tried to help out. You, sir, are an ingrate.

Investigator, please get in contact with me, as Maxi and I were confidants. We trusted each other. We need to keep together.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 06:39:49 PM »
Stratos, my votes for you were simply based on what little information I had to go on.

You must understand, from my point of view I have no idea whether that "accidental" PM was really from RABicle, or whether it was an attempt to draw me out into revealing information that could be used against me or others. Nevertheless I thanked you for the heads up politely at the time, but then when it was revealed that RAB was not mafia and I saw that your vote had helped get pap64 out of the game, it seemed entirely plausible to me that you were mafia.

I have much more reason to suspect vudu now (hence my change of vote), but I don't think there was anything unreasonable about my prior conclusion, and it's quite unfair to call me an ingrate for only playing the hand I was dealt as best I could. It's also rather overdefensive and does you no favours.
Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 06:40:13 PM »
Clearly I agreed that it didn't seem likely you were mafia given what happened with BFS yesterday, as I explained in my first vote. However, that has now been trumped in my mind by the fact that you cannot expect us to believe you would let your role as investigator slip (when you were under no pressure to do so whatsoever) if that was really your role.

You assume too much, good sir.  I never claimed to be the investigator.

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 06:49:09 PM »
No you didn't, but clearly that is what you wanted people to think with your "you're half right" comment when I pointed out the flaw in your "deduction" about me.

I said that you therefore must have pulled your vote out of nowhere, and so you responded by trying to imply that you got it from investigation instead. You've conceded your vote on me was based on nothing and now you're trying to wriggle out of your failed play to sell yourself as the investigator to get everyone to go along with your bandwagon. 
Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 06:53:23 PM »
Fair enough, some of my actions made you suspicious. But I'm also suspicious of you so you'll understand that I'm responding back with a Vote for Yoshidious.
My Game Collection

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 06:59:30 PM »
So be it, as long as we can avoid personal attacks I respect your decision.
Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 07:04:50 PM »
So be it, as long as we can avoid personal attacks I respect your decision.

Was there anything I said that was personal attack material? If so it was not intended as such and I apologize. I know it is a game and nothing I say in the mafia game world reflects my opinions in real life. It's probably as close to role playing as I can get considering I'm not sure how Dragon Chan, my character, would behave.

I have the highest amount of respect for you as a person and meant nothing serious by my comments.
My Game Collection

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 07:15:49 PM »
I just thought that bluntly calling me an ingrate was coming a little close, especially as I did thank you for the heads up originally. But don't concern yourself, I haven't forgotten what game we're playing here and you should consider the respect completely mutual.
Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2009, 07:18:42 PM »
OK, thanks. I guess I did get a little carried away there. I was feeling pretty bad about it once you mentioned it as I didn't see it as what it could have been until hindsight. Thanks for understanding and pardoning me. :-[
My Game Collection

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 07:24:03 PM »
NO NO NO.  Personal attacks ARE WHAT MAKE mafia great.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 07:25:17 PM »
No you didn't, but clearly that is what you wanted people to think with your "you're half right" comment when I pointed out the flaw in your "deduction" about me.

I said that you therefore must have pulled your vote out of nowhere, and so you responded by trying to imply that you got it from investigation instead. You've conceded your vote on me was based on nothing and now you're trying to wriggle out of your failed play to sell yourself as the investigator to get everyone to go along with your bandwagon. 

You're forgetting the distinct possibility that while you were indeed investigated, it wasn't I who performed said investigation.  I am merely a vessel through which information flows.