Author Topic: Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Player and role list  (Read 6718 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Player and role list
« on: April 26, 2009, 05:04:48 AM »
ALIVE:

Vudu
TheNorthSea
Pale
nickmitch
oohhboy
ThePerm
Gylldas
insanolord

Knocked Out:
Khush-townie
Daamaan-townie
Stratos-King Hippo
Nuclearspeed- townie
stevey- townie
Dasmos- Don Flamenco
Pap64-townie
Mop_it_up- Glass Joe
Stogi - Little Mac Prime
Mr. Jack - Bald Bull
Spak-Spang - Big Bertha
RABICLE- a townie
DrewMG- a townie
Maxi-Townie
Blackfootsteps-mafia goon
Yoshidious-Mafia goon

Roles Eliminated:
Dasmos- Don Flamenco
Mop_it_up- Glass Joe
Mr. Jack - Bald Bull
Spak-Spang- Big Bertha
Stogi- Little Mac Prime
Stratos: King Hippo

Mafia

Mike Tyson
Great Tiger
Super Macho Man

Townies

Mr. Dream
Doc Louis
Little Mac Clones aka normal townies: 3

Other Roles

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:32:39 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 05:05:21 AM »
Modification/clarification of Super Macho Man Role. This has been bothering me all weekend because the wording just doesn't fit the game we are playing here. Sorry about the change but it needs to be done even this late in the game. Besides isn't it nice to put the game in the hands of teamwork and trust then a poorly written role? .

The Rules:

Plagiarized from Khush and others

Everyday each player is allowed to vote for whomever they believe is mafia.  Since all roles remain anonymous, mafia members will vote along with the townies.

Each day a new thread will be made and will open up with a narrative.  Each player then has the chance to vote off another player.  Simply type in BOLD for whom you wish to vote.  You may change your vote as much as you like, but any old votes must remain legible.  Simply edit the post, unbold the vote, and make a new post with the new vote.

You must vote at least once every three days.  If three days pass without a vote from you, you are dead.

Every night, the mafia is able to make one hit. These are not based on calendar numbers, but rather on game days.  The only one who may contact the game-master with the kill is the Godfather.

For the townies to win, they must kill all mafia members and "Other" roles.

For the mafia to win, they only need to tie the game. I.E., there are two townies left and two mafia members left. The mafia would also have to kill the "Other" roles just the same as the townies.

For the "Other" roles to win, they would have to fulfill the requirements of their role. Those requirements are explained in each role description.

In the event of a tied vote, there will be an overtime, sudden death voting period of 30 minutes.  The only votes that may be cast are votes for one of the players who were tied in the voting.

If the tie is unresolved after 30 minutes, then the vote is nullified and both players will live to see another day.

If a player submits a night action, but is killed by another night action, the initial night action will be successful IF AND ONLY IF it is received before the night action that kills them.

Please no screenshots of the role PMs.

All PMs will have this wording: Your role is X (townies will be referred to as Little Mac Clone). Mafia members will get additional information about who is on their team after this statement. Also any follow up questions sent to me or that I send out must be kept private

THE ROLES:

Mafia Roles:

Godfather - Mike Tyson

Mike Tyson is the godfather of the Mafia.  As the first major celebrity of the Punch-Out tournament, this ear biting maniac has a lot of clout  He has the ability to knock out one player a night by sending his fellow mafia henchmen  He must choose himself, or a specific henchman to perform the hit.  If Mike Tyson is eliminated from the game, one of the mafia members will ascend to his throne.  This is done via a vote amongst the remaining Mafia members.    Mike Tyson will appear as "Townie" if he is investigated.  ONLY Mike Tyson can perform a hit on Mr. Dream without being knocked out.

Mafia Members - Will be dependent on how many sign up. But there will be two roles within the membership

Great Tiger- Not only is he is a veteran of the ring but he has what some consider supernatural powers. Utilizing his hypnotic powers, Great Tiger is able to read one person's role ONCE during the game. So make sure you choose wisely.

Don Flamenco- Using his mesmerizing dance routine he has made hearts melt, both male and female. Once during the game Don Flamenco can choose to dance into the heart of the townies winning the knowledge of 2 random roles from the townie alliance. The only problem is that he sometimes can't help himself from being wooed himself if his name comes out 4 times out 5 flips and a random mafia role will have to be given up for everyone to see (Isn't love beautiful?). Will he be willing to take that chance? If his charms work, the random townie roles will be given ONLY to him, and the only individuals that are impervious to his charms are Mr. Dream, Big Bertha, and Bald Bull. Oh did I forget to mention that if Great Tiger's power is used, that discovered role WILL be included in the random list of potential townie role reveals so there is a chance he may only get back one unknown role?

If Tyson is taken out a mafia member can ascend to Godfather by a majority the vote. The only catch is that the mafia will not get a knock out that night.

Imposter- Super Macho Man

His experience in the ring under different ring leaders lends itself nicely to him being able to impersonate any role he chooses.. He can choose one person a night to impersonate.  If that person is the same person that  Mr. Dream investigates then they will come back as any chosen mafia member Super Macho Man chooses to frame them as.

Townie Roles:

Investigator - Mr. Dream

After seeing a resurgence of Mike Tyson in the Punch-Out!! tournament, Mr. Dream has decided the best course of action was to take the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach and has joined up the Little Mac Clone Townie Alliance Punch-Out!! Force.  Using his influence and fear tactics he can get anyone (except Mike Tyson himself) to confess their allegiance.  He can investigate any player once a night and will learn their role.  The only Tyson Mafia member who can knock out Mr. Dream safely is Mike Tyson himself.  If any other Tyson Mafia members attempt to hit Mr. Dream, they will be knocked out along with Mr. Dream

Protector - Doc Louis

Doc  has always been on Little Mac's side, and helping protect those in the Little Mac Clone Townie Alliance was a no brainier for him.  Doc will choose one player to protect from death by Mafia hit, Bald Bull suicide charge, or a Big Bertha knock out attempt, so that player will be saved from being knocked out unconscious.  Doc cannot prevent knock out caused by placing a hit on, or voting out, Big Bertha.  Doc cannot protect himself from knock out.

Saint - King Hippo

The Little Mac Clone Townie Alliance loves this big lovable loose short heavyweight. If they can't knock his pants off, no one can . If King Hippo is voted out by the players, then the player who INITIALLY cast a vote for King Hippo will be lynched and killed immediately.  If a player stars the bandwagon, but later changers their vote, then they are still responsible for the bandwagon.  Start your bandwagons carefully.

Vote changer - Glass Joe

After multiple embarrassments and a pathetic win-loss record, Glass Joe has had enough. He will do what he can to influence other people's matches.   Glass Joe can use the pity he has received throughout his life to change a single vote once a day.  He can cancel a vote out, or change the name on the vote.  Glass Joe's ability does not affect King Hippo's ability.  Much like a player cannot change their vote to un-bandwagon themselves, Glass Joe cannot un-bandwagon a player.  He submits his choice at night. 

Little Mac Prime:
The trouble with having tons of Little Mac clonesrunning around is that the original has gotten lost in the shuffle.Will the real Little Mac please stand up? This is a special role that will be activated on an already predetermined date. A random normal townie will be awarded the ability to have ONE knock-out of ANY character in the game without any fear of being knocked out himself, this includes the Bomber role as well. As stated though, this is a one time ability which will be activated later on. The only catch is that if this player is a recipient of one of the two bomber suicide choices, a Godfather or killer hit, or a vote by the peeps his action will be null and void and will be knocked out of the game.

Other Roles:

Killer- Big Bertha
    The punch-out tournament has been a male only event ever since its inception. Big Bertha's goal is to show the men that a female can hang with the best of them. She will do whatever it takes to prove to the world that women can kick butt as well. Each night Big Bertha can take out one participant of her choosing.

Bomber- Bald Bull
Bald Bull is not afraid to put his head down and rush towards danger. The only problem is that he leaves himself wide open. If Bald Bull is voted out, he will take out a random half of those who voted for him.  If he is taken out by the mafia, he will take out the Godfather of the mafia. If he is take out by Big Bertha, Big Bertha will go with him.  Bald Bull also can take out any two members of his choosing at any time, but that action will also take Bald Bull with them. If Bald Bull loses a vote by his peers, that will supercede his two person sacrificial knockout blow. On the flip side he can utilize his sacrificial knockout EVEN IF a hit is put out on him that same night

Win conditions:

Tyson MAFIA: Eliminate all townies until the number of townies is equal or lesser to the number of Mafia. Eliminate Big Bertha. Eliminate Bald Bull.

Punch-Out Townies: Eliminate all members of the Mafia.  Eliminate Big Bertha, the killer. Also eliminate the bomber, Bald Bull

Killer: Be the last woman standing.

Bomber- Be the last man standing, or responsible for knocking out the last remaining players.

For when the game starts:

The Voting Day runs from 12am PST to 9pm PST

All night actions must be in by 10pm PST.

PRIZES:

After the game people will be able to vote via Private Message (Which are to be sent to me) on who they thought the player of the game was. This can be discussed in the closing Punch-Out!! thread, but votes are to be sent to me. Of course, you cannot vote for yourself!

1st Place: A FREE Wii Ware or VC title of their choosing.
2nd Place: A FREE VC title.

If you guys have any suggestions as to what to do if someone other then a resident of North America wins, I'd like to hear
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:55:15 PM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Player and role list
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 05:54:53 AM »
GP I take it you are co-hosting with Decoyman right?
Guess not.
Ah I see.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 06:51:32 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 02:44:22 AM »
Could you update the list GP.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 02:45:23 AM »
Could you update the list GP.

Lol already ahead of you. ;)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 10:48:49 AM »
GP in the alive part it states that Mr. Jack is Alive.The killer killed Bald Bull who was Mr. Jack.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 11:51:04 AM »
Fixed Maxi, thanks.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 11:55:44 AM »
I just want to make sure there isn't any confusion.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 04:39:17 AM »
GP it doesn't say what Yoshidious had as a role in the Dead section.
Thanks GP!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:50:21 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 03:29:53 PM »
Daaaman is still listed as being alive.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!