Author Topic: Mafia XXXI: Animal Crossing Wii-Make. Sign-up Thread.  (Read 40138 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXI: Animal Crossing Wii-Make. Sign-up Thread.
« on: February 01, 2009, 04:08:55 AM »
With all the talk lately about "Wii-makes" like the GameCube games getting Wii controls or ports of games appearing on the Wii, I figured that mafia should give this bandwagon a try and hope on. And perhaps no other game was labelled a "Wii-make" or port as much as Animal Crossing: City Folk. Fortunately, we also have an Animal Crossing game in our library and I plan on using it.

Best of all, with most of the story already written and most of the code already created, I have to do very little work to get this game made.

So, if you've played the game before and can't get enough, sign on up. And if you've never played the game before, sign on up. And if you have played the game before and were expecting more from the host to create a new experience and take advantage of the new hardware provided and are disappointed in what appears to be a lack of effort and lazy attitude towards making this game, shut-up. I mean, sign-up.

Story:
---------------------------------------------------

*Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt*

Tangy fumbled around in the dark looking for her alarm clock.  Why did she get up early again?  Oh yeah!  She knew it was supposed to rain today, the best time to hook an elusive Coelacanth.  After cramming her fishing pole into her dress, she made her way outside.  As the news had forecasted, a steady rain was falling.  Pulling out her stylish umbrella, she skipped merrily down to the beach.  Once there, she started walking as to avoid scaring away her unsuspecting prey.  A shadow!  She cast her line in the direction the shadow was looking.  The fish then turned and swam the other direction!  "Augh!," she murmured, as she cast her line again....and again...and again...Finally she hooked the fish!  "A SEABASS?  WHAT THE ****!?"  As she chucked the fish back into the sea she caught a face-full of tail.  But Tangy wasn't about to give up.  She caught another sea bass, and another...and another..."Where are all the good fish!?," she cried out in disgust.  Then a unusually large shadow caught her eye.  She cast her line, and she hooked.  As she quickly reeled in her catch, her twinkling eyes turned to confusion, and then to fear.  What she had reeled in was not a fish, but the body of a recently murdered villager.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the world of Animal Crossing...Town Name: Vale...Population: Diminishing

Let me introduce myself.  I am the Mayor of Vale, Mayor Khushrenada.  As you can see, Vale isn't exactly your usual, friendly Animal Crossing town.  Rather, we've pulled in some dark individuals that thrive on ambition and deceit...And I don't just mean the usual "tree choppers."  It's not a secret that the local monopolizing raccoon, Tom Nook, and his trusty "Crooked Cranny 'Coons" are at war with Black Market veteran Crazy Redd; bodies are found all the time!  And if that were bad enough, I've been receiving suicide bomb threats for the past few weeks!  But no matter, I've decided enough is enough...All of the villagers will be locked inside the town until this matter is sorted out.  Good luck to all of you...

~Mayor Khushrenada

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now the prologue is out of the way, let me introduce you to the roles of the game!

Mayor Khushrenada - That's me, your loving grandfather figure!  I'll be monitoring your progress and tallying your votes...

Crooked Cranny 'Coons - The "top dog" gang in town...The Godfather, Tom Nook, has been monopolizing the market for years.  Because they don't know the members of the Black Market Foxes, they will take out everyone in the town with them, but only on odd days...(Tom Nook's identity to Detective Copper is "Villager")

Black Market Foxes - The Godfather of this gang, Crazy Redd, decided to take advantage of Tom Nook's price gouging monopoly a few months back, and has been undercutting the prices of all of Nook's goods (legal and not-so legal) ever since...Like the 'Coons, they wish to get rid of their enemy as soon as possible...They will make hits on even days...(Crazy Redd's identity to Detective Copper is "Villager")

Detective Copper - our local cop has taken it upon himself to locate the members of each gang and bring them to justice.  Being the perfectionist he is, he only investigates the identity of one town member each night.

Mint - This spunky squirrel gets around town faster than anyone, and if you've played Animal Crossing, you know just how fast it is to get around town...With her powers of "persuasion," she is able to sway a close vote in the direction she desires every night...

Blanca - A mysterious foreigner made her way into town before the gates were closed.  She can steal the face of a single person at any point in the game (overnight), killing the original owner of the role in the process...If Blanca ends up wishing to kill someone who is being targetted by Death or Mafia, Blanca will reach the victim first...If Blanca kills Cube, she will die...

K.K. Slider - The local guitar-strumming legend is also an ally of justice...Upset at the general lack of motivation of the Villagers in tracking down the scum of Vale, he's become a vigilante...He has enough time to plan one attack on a single person every night, but if kills an innocent his life is forfeit...

Death AKA Mr. Resetti - Who we believe to be a very strict anti-reset mole is actually a messenger from above...He can leave his hole every night to kill one person of his choice...However, if he kills Sable, he will forfeit his position in this world as well...EDIT: I forgot to note that Detective Copper sees Death as a Villager as well...

Guardian Angel AKA Sable - The calm seamstress is the second messenger sent from the other side...She knows the intentions of Death every night, and can protect a single person from Death's touch over the course of the game...otherwise, she can protect one person a night...I guess it's also important to note that Detective Copper is not a medium (one who can see ghosts), and thus Sable's identity to him is "Villager"...

Cube the Suicide Penguin - This crazy penguin is the most dangerous character of the game, and there is no reasoning for his threats...
- can choose 2 people to kill on one night, but he also dies
- if he is killed over-night, the person that killed him also dies
- if he is voted off, all of those who voted for him will die

Bomber's Apprentice - Unfortunately, Cube has taken in an apprentice...When or if Cube dies, his protege will take over the role of Suicide Bomber...It is also important to note that the Apprentice could be ANYONE in the game, even if they already have a role...If the Apprentice has another role, their other role will be their identity if they are investigated...

Villagers - Innocent townies who just want to live the rest of their lives fishing, gardening, and insect catching in peace...

The game will begin two Mondays from now, Feb. 9...This should be a fun game, so be as creative as you wish!     

EDIT:  Voting Rules:  You must vote, at the minimum, every other day.  Otherwise you will considering a threat and will be terminated...         
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 06:09:54 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXI: Animal Crossing Wii-Make. Sign-up Thread.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 04:09:32 AM »
List of players who have signed up so far:

Dasmos
Plugabugz
Spak-spang
Vudu
Maxi
Pale
Nickmitch
Easycure
DrewMG
Gylldas
GoldenPhoenix
Insanolord
TheNorthSea
Stevey
TheFleece
Nuclearspeed
NovaQ
Crimm
DAaaMan64
Ian Sane
Blackfootsteps
Decoyman
Shyguy

So far, 23 people have signed up.

The Rules

How to Play. (If you are familiar with the mafia games already, skip to the gameplay reminders section)

Playing mafia can be summerized in one word: Survive! As long as you are still alive in the game, chances are you are winning.

Of course, it is a bit more complicated than that. You should remember that there are two sides to a mafia game. You are either a part of the townie side or the mafia side. If you belong to one side, you are looking to eliminate the rival side. So, how do you eliminate players?

Everyday there is a vote to choose one person to eliminate from the game. The person with the most votes at the end of the day is killed. Both sides can vote during the day, mafia and townies. However, after the day vote, there is a night action period. During this time, the mafia can send in a hit for whichever person they choose. The townies have no say in the matter. The next day or turn, the townies learn who the mafia killed and the game repeats until one side is left.

The victory conditions are a bit different for either side. For the townies to win, every mafia member must be eliminated. For the mafia to win, they just need to equal the number of townies left. So, if there are 3 mafia members left and 3 townies, the game is over and the mafia wins. The reason for this is that mafia members are supposed to be so powerful as to overwhelm the townies one-on-one. Obviously, if the townie number is lower than the number of mafia remaining, the mafia wins. A tie is the minimum win condition for the mafia.

It should be noted that there may be a role that doesn't fit into either catagory (mafia or townie) and has a different win condition. This role must also be eliminated before one side can claim victory.

Voting Rules

Everyday, a new thread will be created for each day the game lasts. In this thread, you can cast a vote for whomever you want. To do so, simply type in bold "VOTE (Name)" where name is the person you are voting for. You can only vote for one person so votes for different people will not be counted. If you wish to change your vote at anytime, simply edit your message and erase the vote. There will be a deadline each day for when votes can be cast. Once the deadline is reached, all votes are binding. If you change or edit a vote after the deadline, the new vote will not be counted and the old vote will remain as your choice instead.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 02:48:43 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 04:19:40 AM »
So sign ups are still in the funhouse? I guess that means more exposure.

Also this is me signing up, I'll try and find who I was last time.

e: heh, my avatar was still in my photobucket account. Go figure.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 04:22:49 AM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 06:54:23 AM »
I never participated in mafia's back then so i'm in.

I call Jack.the avatar is creepy enough
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 05:11:04 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 08:58:12 AM »
Wow...Khush listing THAT many roles before we even know how many players we will have.

Bold move.

Vote Rescue Raptor as IN as well the Rescue Raptor.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 10:23:50 AM »
In as Wart Jr.

Also, DEATH TO ROSIE!!

Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 10:58:32 AM »
I'll sign up.Need to pick a character.
Edit:I am going to be Bill.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 06:36:54 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 11:05:06 AM »
I'm in.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 11:06:52 AM »
Anybody know an AC site that has all of the characters?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 11:35:34 AM »
Found a pic but It says that It is to big.I tried resizing it but no luck.Anybody want to help.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 01:34:18 PM »
In.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 11:09:17 PM »
Found a pic but It says that It is to big.I tried resizing it but no luck.Anybody want to help.

Here.

I'm pretty sure they're all within size limitations and have a transparent background, so you should have no problem.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 11:15:43 PM »
Thanks Dasmos.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 10:09:58 AM »
I'm in this round.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 10:29:48 AM »
When does sign-ups end? I'm still debating...
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 10:46:12 AM »
Since the game starts on the 9th, sign-ups will end just a little before that. 7th or 8th.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 11:35:49 AM »
Since the game starts on the 9th, sign-ups will end just a little before that. 7th or 8th.

WOW. Such a quick response..  I might have to join this game just to know what a responsible host is like! ;)

Hm.. still not sure if i'll be able to play, gotta see my calender..
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 01:36:01 PM »
Easycure:  But he didn't respond to me.  HA.

Poor Stevey, people need to be nice to him.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 02:12:36 PM »
Easycure:  But he didn't respond to me.  HA.

Poor Stevey, people need to be nice to him.

Stevey knows i'm joking, we're super tight like that for realz NJ in da house WOOP WOOP! wtf!?

I didn't know you asked khush anything! lol
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:36:19 PM by EasyCure »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 02:47:49 PM »
I'm confused also. What exactly did you need a response for Spak-Spang?

Offline Gylldas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »
In as Apollo!
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 03:17:04 PM »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 05:06:48 PM »
Ok I'm in.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 06:03:28 PM »
Could someone sticky this?
Alexis, she/her/Miss