Author Topic: Mafia XXVI: An Awful Time To Die. Ending and Credits.  (Read 9019 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XXVI: An Awful Time To Die. Ending and Credits.
« on: August 31, 2008, 11:43:00 PM »
So, great ending. In jolly old England, Bond is pursuing Blofeld in the Thames river. Obviously, it's a boat chase. So, Bond catches up to Blofeld, jumps on his ship and a fight ensues. But, then, after a slip by Bond, Blofeld appears to gain the advantage and is about to kill Bond when an explosion knocks him off balance. The explosion comes from one of the bombs in a wristwatch. But it isn't Bond's watch. It is Q's. Q was in the boat with Bond pursuing Blofeld.

Anyways, the explosion causes Blofeld to stumble backwards and he trips over the edge of the boat into its propellors, thereby killing him. This causes the boat to lose control with it's propellors damaged. Bond steers the damaged ship out of the path of other civilians in the Thames river and towards shore. He crashes the boat on to the shore and is flipped onto the sand. He lays there motionless.

After a brief moment, some women sunbathing on the beach come running towards him and help him regain conciousness. With a wink to the camera, the movie ends.

Now why couldn't I write my stories short like that before? It is the mystery of the game.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXVI: An Awful Time To Die. Ending and Credits.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 11:43:18 PM »
Announcements:

DEAD:

Insanolord - Ernst Stavro Blofeld - killed by vote

It is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

007 wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S.P.E.C.T.R.E. defeated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Townie victory for:

Dasmos, Easycure, Nickmitch.

You can now begin discussion of this game and ripping into my ideas and rules and hosting of it.

Let the angst begin!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 11:46:22 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 11:43:33 PM »

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 11:47:22 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 11:48:00 PM »
Nuts. Didn't turn out like I had hoped.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 11:55:42 PM »
Nuts. Didn't turn out like I had hoped.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 12:32:12 AM »
I want to stress right now that the fact there was no S.P.E.C.T.R.E. hit had nothing to do with my delay in ending the day yesterday. The mafia choose to hit no one. Everything is fine.

WHAT.  THE.  HELL.

I want to know what you were thinking.

First off, it's obvious that Dasmos was bluffing about getting the second Lotus on day 5.  (Hell, it's quite possible he was bluffing about the first one.)  Why you didn't kill him when you had the chance is beyond me.

Second, WHY DIDN'T YOU KILL SOMEONE LAST NIGHT??!?  Do you remember what I said to you on the first day?

The most important advice I can give is FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T FORGET TO SEND IN YOUR HIT EVERY DAY.  If you don't send Khush a PM stating who you want to kill before the end of the day the mafia doesn't get a hit.  If we don't use our night actions it becomes very difficult to win.

Purposefully not killing is just as bad as forgetting (perhaps even worse).  Dasmos was the backbone of the townie side.  If he fell the entire alliance would have fallen apart.

I assume (hope) you must have had a plan, but I sure can't figure it out.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 12:49:30 AM »
Yay townies!

I have no idea what possessed me to change my vote from isanolord on Day 5, I always had an uneasy feeling about him. I just tried to overthink things instead of going with my gut.

Also huge props and mega-thanks to EasyCure, seeking you out and working together was what made this game fun. Also the huge chance aspect with the gadgets, I was cursing those 2 watches but they ended up being massively helpful.

I want to stress right now that the fact there was no S.P.E.C.T.R.E. hit had nothing to do with my delay in ending the day yesterday. The mafia choose to hit no one. Everything is fine.

WHAT.  THE.  HELL.

I want to know what you were thinking.

First off, it's obvious that Dasmos was bluffing about getting the second Lotus on day 5.  (Hell, it's quite possible he was bluffing about the first one.)  Why you didn't kill him when you had the chance is beyond me.

Second, WHY DIDN'T YOU KILL SOMEONE LAST NIGHT??!?  Do you remember what I said to you on the first day?

Yeah, I was bluffing the whole time. :) I had a Lotus, but used it at the end of the second day (stupidly).

Here is my Q gadget list and how I used them.

Day 1: Lotus Espirit
(Used on myself on Day 2, for some reason I thought I was going to be hit.)

Day 2: Safecracker
(Used on Day 2 to investigate wandering, the townie.)

Day 3: Wristwatch
(Used on Day 4 to destroy RABicle’s vote and get Kashogi voted out.)

Day 4: Wristwatch
(Used on Day 4 as well to destroy Kashogi’s vote.)

Day 5: Safecracker
(Used on Day 5 to investigate Athrun who turned out to be Xenia.)

Day 6: Contact
(Used on Day 7 to find nickmitch and cement my conviction about isanlord.)

Day 7: Wristwatch
(Didn't use)
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 01:13:26 AM »
I severely overestimated how much I had convinced Dasmos I was a townie. I felt he would do a much better job of pointing the finger at someone who wasn't me than I would and I figured (correctly so, based on Dasmos' post) that he was in contact with Q and if I killed the wrong one I'd certainly be dead.

J.P. Corbran

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 01:53:25 AM »

"Never let them see you bleed.... always have an escape plan."

RIP Desmond Llewelyn

This is by far the most awesome game of mafia i've been a part of. I had no idea how it was going to go, after being killed off so early in the last mafia game, so i'm pretty surprised i made it to the end!

Working with Bond (Dasmos) was the best part of the game. I haven't had that sort of thing in any of the other mafias. It was a fun game of chance choosing a random number, having Khush tell me what item i've chosen, and deciding what would be good for Bond, especially wheni  had no idea who he was at first!

After he revealed himself things got fun. The teamwork was the key to victory here, i just wish we could of found out more townies since we both voted a couple of innocents out, sadly. Sorry guys!

So good game to all you fellas, extra props for you Khush as being a good host and having an excellent game set up.

Lastly, i want to know why the hell you wanted me dead Shyguy!!! >:(
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 02:17:42 AM »
Full fist everyone. I thought it was a good, quick game. Lolling at Spectre killing me as soon as I started to yell.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 03:04:32 AM »
Whoa. Give Insanolord a bit of respect. The man has never been mafia before, he's still new and he was made godfather. He did pretty good. He lasted to the end, integrated himself in with the powerful townies and even deflected the vote away from himself on Day 5 when he had shown his hand a bit by working with Kashogistogi the previous day.

What killed S.P.E.C.T.R.E. was not hitting Easycure or Dasmos on day 5. That would have prevented Bond from getting the final gadget needed to win the game, contact. With only one townie left and Red Grant dead, Bond was guarenteed to discover all roles left in the game. That's why the mafia loss was pretty much inevitable in the end.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 03:17:16 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 04:46:51 AM »
Whoa. Give Insanolord a bit of respect. The man has never been mafia before, he's still new and he was made godfather. He did pretty good. He lasted to the end, integrated himself in with the powerful townies and even deflected the vote away from himself on Day 5 when he had shown his hand a bit by working with Kashogistogi the previous day.
No, I totally agree. I was always second-guessing myself when it came to isanolord, even after voting me 3 times in a row. Kashogi was a dead give-away after he tried to claim I was trying to seek out Q to kill him and accused me of being mafia.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 06:20:19 AM »
It's interesting how the same happened in this game that happened in Mario Kart Mafia: The red team didn't use the weapons they had and it killed them.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 01:00:31 PM »
hm i wouldnt know i died too early in that game :(
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 09:36:33 PM »
I think I did pretty good for myself considering I'd never been Mafia before and this was only my fourth game of mafia. There are only a few things I would have done differently knowing what I now know, which I think is a sign that I played well.

First, I would have let GP live a few more days. After I tricked her into telling me who she was I went to my lieutenants for advice since I had no idea what I was supposed to do; Athrun Zala and vudu said to kill her and Kashogi said to keep her around. With how close the mafia came to winning the few townies she'd have killed might have made all the difference.

Second, Dasmos, you are so damn lucky that I didn't call your bluff and kill you the day you announced who you were in the thread. I came so very close to doing it, or possibly waiting until the next day and then killing you, hoping that you'd used the Lotus Elise the previous night.

Third, vudu, I wouldn't be talking after your post in the dead thread. Unless Dasmos was bluffing with his post after yours you may have thrown Athrun Zala under the bus with that comment.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 10:50:08 PM »
Well, Killing GP may have been smart, but you should have at least tried to use her to get a hit of somebody you would want killed instead of a potential mafia hit.

She hit a valuable Mafia member by guess.  If you would have stated you thought somebody was acting suspicious and needed to be killed her might have followed your lead, and you could have still killed her day one.

That would mean perhaps having 1+ mafia alive, and be down 3 townies day one.  That right there would have tipped the odds to your favor.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 11:02:12 PM »
I already said that killing GP was one of the things I regretted doing.

J.P. Corbran

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 11:05:54 PM »
Third, vudu, I wouldn't be talking after your post in the dead thread. Unless Dasmos was bluffing with his post after yours you may have thrown Athrun Zala under the bus with that comment.

I was actually trying to get Dasmos to go after nickmitch and forget about you (since you were so active in the game).
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 11:09:00 PM »
i want to give more props to insanolord:

i had no idea that was your first time playing mafia like that, i still feel like i'm the new guy myself so i just assume all the familiar 'faces' around here are all more experienced at it then i am. Good going buddy!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 11:12:37 PM »
Hey, EasyCure, I may not want to know this, but did Dasmos share his suspicion of me with you? Or could I have possibly convinced you that nickmitch was mafia on the last day if I'd killed Dasmos?

J.P. Corbran

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 11:13:31 PM »
I should have won.  I probably would have :-|

Nah...after the last one, I'd be dead in the water.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 11:19:07 PM »
Hey, EasyCure, I may not want to know this, but did Dasmos share his suspicion of me with you? Or could I have possibly convinced you that nickmitch was mafia on the last day if I'd killed Dasmos?

no. We only really worked together on the items, and i kinda just followed his lead when it came to voting. There was that one time when i voted for someone to break a tie and i think you ended up making it a three-way tie, and even though that was what Dasmos wanted, i posted my vote before i checked his PM. I had an "i is smart" moment after i read it lol.

To be honest, it was getting harder to play the game because of the cooperation.. once the end of the week arrives i get too busy with my personal life, i had to realy try and stay on top of the game and make sure i worked with Dasmos with the items. At one point i was willing to give him my login info to get things done himself! though i never brought it up to him, that'd just be crazy.

When it came to the last day, and we used the Contact, we pretty much cemented the fact that you were the last remaining mafia, only because of process of illimination.

Things would of been much different if he didnt seek my character out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 11:26:43 PM »
I should have won.  I probably would have :-|

Nah...after the last one, I'd be dead in the water.

You'd have my vote, I still haven't been able to revenge-vote you for stabbing me in the back in Star Wars Mafia.

no. We only really worked together on the items, and i kinda just followed his lead when it came to voting. There was that one time when i voted for someone to break a tie and i think you ended up making it a three-way tie, and even though that was what Dasmos wanted, i posted my vote before i checked his PM. I had an "i is smart" moment after i read it lol.

To be honest, it was getting harder to play the game because of the cooperation.. once the end of the week arrives i get too busy with my personal life, i had to realy try and stay on top of the game and make sure i worked with Dasmos with the items. At one point i was willing to give him my login info to get things done himself! though i never brought it up to him, that'd just be crazy.

When it came to the last day, and we used the Contact, we pretty much cemented the fact that you were the last remaining mafia, only because of process of illimination.

Things would of been much different if he didnt seek my character out.

Or if I'd killed him. Damn, not going through with that plan was by far my biggest mistake. Oh well, at least not killing someone the last night wasn't what cost me the game.

J.P. Corbran

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 11:59:21 PM »
once the end of the week arrives i get too busy with my personal life

Translation:  I like to drink myself stupid.  ;)

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 12:16:55 AM »
once the end of the week arrives i get too busy with my personal life

Translation:  I like to drink myself stupid.  ;)

not this weekend. more like "quality time" with the girlfriend, which is much better than any sort of high drinking gives you