Poll

Do you approve of Bill D-7?

Yay
3 (33.3%)
Nay
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Star Wars Mafia. Day 7. Cloud City.  (Read 5460 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Star Wars Mafia. Day 7. Cloud City.
« on: March 11, 2008, 02:45:02 AM »
Luke, Crumb and C-3P0 came out of hyperspace. Directly ahead of them was a humongous Star Destroyer and behind it lay their destination, Hoth. Laser fire immediately began to shoot from the Star Destroyer towards their tiny ship. Luke began evasive manuevering while Crumb let out a laugh. "Oh dear," said C-3P0. The odds of successfully fighting off a Star Destroyer with our ship are approximately....." But C-3P0 was cut off as a voice suddenly crackled through their com channels. "Never tell me the odds! Looks like you got company kid!"

"Han, is that you?" asked Luke.

"Who else? And it looks like I'm going to have to save your sorry behind again," replied Han Solo.

Luke watched as Han began to manuever his spaceship, The Millenium Falcon, in close to the Star Destroyer. Flying at incredible speeds, Han was able to get all laser fire directed at him and still dodge it while at the same time shoot and destroy the shield generators.

On the bridge of the Star Destroyer, Grand Moff Toruresu Tarkin was furious at what was happening. He started berating his crew telling them he wanted the rebels destroyed and the Emperor's secret base found. This was to be their moment of triumph.

Meanwhile, Han had just destroyed the other shield generator under the Star Destroyer. "Your all clear kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home," he radioed Luke.

"Sure thing," Luke replied. Then he started flying to the command tower of the Star Destroyer until he could see the bridge in his sight. Then he fired a few photon torpedoes and flew away from the ship. On the bridge, Toruresu Tarkin watched the torpedoes close in and felt a sense of calm as he forced choked all those around him. For their failure to stop two puny ships, they deserved to die before him. The torpedoes collided into the bridge causing a massive explosion that killed Toruresu Tarkin, one of the finest agents of the Empire and a man with the power to Force Choke his enemies. With the destruction of the bridge, the Star Destroyer become lost all control over itself and began to get pulled by Hoth's gravity. It crashed onto the planet exploding into a massive mushroom cloud.

"Was that coincidence or did the Empire know to find us here?" Luke wondered aloud.

Salacious Crumb let out a laugh. "It appears that Crumb has found Piett's hidden base," explained C-3P0.

"Well, let's see if that can give us any help at least," replied Luke, "I'll contact Han and tell him to join us on the planet."

On Tatooine, Jabba was becoming impatient. He had ordered The Bounty Hunter to be at his palace at 3:00 for when the Kessel spice traders arrived. He wanted The Bounty Hunter standing beside to put the fear into the traders to show them that he still commanded one of the most awesome weapons in the galaxy. But it was now 4:27 and he still hadn't shown. Suddenly, one of the attendents of Jabba came and told him the The Bounty Hunter had arrived.

"Get him in here now," ordered Jabba. The Bounty Hunter was brought before Jabba. "Now listen here. I'm paying you good money and giving you a large share of my business. But that doesn't mean you are in charge here. I asked you to be here at 3:00 to meet the spice dealers. This is the most important meeting I've ever had and with a successful conclusion, it means I control the Spice not only on Tatooine but this whole sector of the galaxy. Now where the heck have you been? What could be more important to cause you to come late to this meeting?"

"Do you really think I care about your little spice trade business? I'm here for one reason only. Power. A power that is far greater than running some puny spice business. A power that would give me ultimate control over this galaxy. I thought at first your friend, Boba Fett, was trying getting close to it. That he was trying to track it down. So, I agreed to help you so I could join your organization so that I could spy on him and see what he knew. Do you really think that you are paying me anything close to what I could command? Your wage has quite frankly been insulting. I've only endured it because of a mistake. Turns out, that Farmboy Skywalker is closer to what I'm seeking than Boba Fett ever was. I've been tracking the wrong person. So, I'm correcting that mistake and ending our partnership right now. But not until I get fully compensated" explained the Bounty Hunter.

Jabba the Hutt's eye's widened in fear. "If you want to go, go then. I thank you for your help and wish you well on your endeavors but the price you are asking is too high for me." Jabba croaked as his hand slowly crept along the arm rest of his chair. Then he felt what he was looking for. The trapdoor button. He pressed it immediately. "Fortunately I......." Jabba was cut off as a trapdoor swung out from under him and he plunged to the ground below.

"I noticed the Rankor pit immediately. Rather hard to hide the smell. It amazes me how much you underestimated me. Rewiring the trapdoor to affect you was child's play. Now as I was saying about my wage. Your little spice trade will provide some payment but your death will make us square," said The Bounty Hunter. Then he walked over to the control panel and opened the door to release the Rankor. He watched it devour Jabba. Jabba's constant betrayal's had earned him the name of Shifty the Hutt. Due to his power of Force Insight, Shifty the Hutt often knew who people really were even if they were trying to hide their identity. Because of that, he had managed to escape death for a long time. But now he was dead, killed by The Bounty Hunter. As the Bounty Hunter watched the Rankor eat Jabba, he thought of that nickname. "Shifty the Hutt. More like Shitty the Hutt," he laughed to himself.

Then he left Jabba's palace and went to his ship. Inside, Leia was tied up in a slave girl outfit. "Hello, my dear. Any word from dear old brother yet?" The ship's door closed behind him.

On the planet surface of Hoth, Luke, C-3P0 and Crumb watched as the Millenium Falcon landed close by. Then Han Solo came off the ship towards them followed by Chewbacca. "You didn't tell me Chewie was with you also," Luke exclaimed delighted to see his old friends again. Chewie let out a roar.

"So what brings you out here Luke?" asked Han.

"I could ask you the same thing," Luke replied.

"What are you talking about?" asked Han, "I got a message from you asking to meet you here."

"I never sent any such message," exclaimed Luke.

"But we did," said a voice. The party of five turned to find an ambush of Imperial troops coming towards them and a fleet of Imperial Walkers. And from a loudspeaker somewhere, the voice continued, "We had planned to capture Mr. Solo and the Wookie and use them as leverage against you, Skywalker. But with that plan failed, we will simply capture you ourselves."

"Hurry to the caves," yelled Han and everyone began to run to some ice caves nearby. However, as they ran, Chewbacca the Insanolord tripped and fell, his power of Force Balance failing him at the worst time. Laser fire from the Imperials ripped through him and then he was crushed by an Imperial Walker. So, the illustrious wookie's career ended at the hands of the Empire.

Inside the caves, the motley crew found their path blocked by a steel door with a voice box. "Enter password," came a metallic voice.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Mafia. Day 7. Cloud City.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 02:50:25 AM »
Yeah. I seem to be writing a mini novel. In fact, I'm still not done today's story. I'm guess I'm really getting into the intrigue. Or I've lost my mind due to the many crisis I've faced hosting this game. I think I'll stick with the first theory for now. As for the rest of you, I'm sure you'll appreciate the short details for today.

Details:

Toruresu was killed by the vote.
Torurese was a mafia member with the power of Force Choke

Shift Key was killed by the Bounty Hunter.
Shift Key had the power of Force Insight.

Insanolord was killed by the Empire/mafia.
Insanolord had the power of Force Balance/Double Force Insight.

Usual voting times. Vote ends at Midnight EST. First actions due at 11:00 pm EST. Final actions due at 12:30 am EST.

Bill D-6 was passed yesterday. I know. The vote shows up as tied. Well, the tie vote came after 12:30 EST am which is the deadline to vote for a bill. I posted that rule somewhere. Anyways, my mistake for not locking the poll until now.

With Bill D-6 ratified, we move on to our next order of business. Bill D-7. Senator, take it away:

"Iwould like to thank the voters for passing my last few bills and hope they will do the same with this. It is my proposal that you allow me an extra vote during the day on who to vote off along with one other member of our republic, of whom I will choose. This vote will be in secret as to not allow our enemies in the mafia a chance to see who I am, since we must keep our elected officials safe."

There you have it. The bill is now open to the senate. What do the people think?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 02:56:50 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 02:58:49 AM »
This is extremely interesting. Because based on what I was told, the person who held the bounty hunter powers was THATGUY!!!

In fact, we had been told that we had force balanced the bounty hunter's power's away from it's original holder, NuclearSpeed, who was supposed to be harmless now.

So, it looks to me like betrayalton has occured. Especially because there are no powers left to change targets of actions, and why in the world would thjatghuy target Shift_Key, who has been working alongside him all this time?

These are screenshots attesting to some of my last e-mail exchanges with Insanolord. Notice how the first one is me asking him how we could be sure that thatguy was on our side. Already I was getting a little paranoid:

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 03:42:37 AM by Kairon »
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 03:17:16 AM »
According to Khush, if a mafia member and the bounty hunter were force balanced, as we were all told happened with thatguy and nuclearspeed, then the former bounty hunter, now stripped of his power, would act as a townie and use his new powers for them. The mafia member would get the bounty hunter's kill ability though.

This means that if NuclearSpeed was indeed force balanced versus thatguy, then nuclearspeed is a townie. Did this happen nuclearspeed or do we need a new theory on how two pivotal townies were killed in the same night, one by the very power, bounty-hunting, that we were supposed to have under our control in the form of thatguy?

I mean, I AM open to other interpretations but this perfect storm oif townie deaths is too serious to hold back speculation on.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 03:44:57 AM »
Also, I'm voting Yay on the Senator's Bill. We're cutting it close, but it'd be great if we could harness those extra votes to get rid of the last mafia member. I'm actually the very first "yes vote" up there.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 09:26:02 AM »
The truth is, we never switched the roles. A deal was made, and the bounty hunter was to keep his power with the command to only kill unknowns. The fact was, we thought I was too big a target for the mafia, and we'd lose that power had I taken it. We wanted the illusion that we had absolute power over the ability, so we could rattle the mafia and the senator, whom I've narrowed down to one or two people. I forgot to send the BH a PM of who to kill yesterday, so it seems he took a liberty.

Here's what I think we should do: vote out the senator or bounty hunter today, and get the mafia member tomorrow. Since the bounty hunter actually knows some about us, I say we go after him first, since he can kill.

I'll wait to vote, so I can make sure you all agree on who to go for so we don't send out the name to the mafia.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 11:24:36 AM »
Hmm... reviewing the roles, there are still several ways this can end badly"

The Bounty Hunter still gets his nightly kills.

The senator can only be voted out, not killed at night.

The last remaining mafia member probably knows most if not all the roles.

Yikes.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 12:31:27 PM by Kairon »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 11:35:19 AM »
Vote NuclearSpeed

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 09:22:05 PM »
I can't believe this.

vote thatguy
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 11:54:00 PM by Kairon »

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 10:34:16 PM »
Vote thatguy
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 11:50:39 PM by Darth Maul - bustin98 »

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 10:46:12 PM »
I do not care for useless accusations

vote Sister Mary
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 11:55:16 PM by "Fiery" Figrin-D'an (NuclearSpeed) »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 10:54:54 PM »
Vote thatguy

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 11:07:31 PM »
VOTE THATGUY because Kairon went to all that trouble to PM me.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 11:34:51 PM »
VOTE thatguy
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 11:57:46 PM »
Alright.  I'll be honest.  You got me.  I'm the senator.  I'm your enemy.  Have fun.

The game's over.  Spak-Spang is the Jedi Mind-Trick.

Atrun is the Gambler.

Vudu started as the Force Rebound.

Kairon is a townie.

Pale is a townie.

Bustin and DAaman are townies

Sister Mary Le Fever is mafia.

NuclearSpeed is the Bounty Hunter.

Did I miss anyone?

Any Questions?

I know who wins, too.

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 12:03:12 AM »
Alright.  I'll be honest.  You got me.  I'm the senator.  I'm your enemy.  Have fun.

The game's over.  Spak-Spang is the Jedi Mind-Trick.

Atrun is the Gambler.

Vudu started as the Force Rebound.

Kairon is a townie.

Pale is a townie.

Bustin and DAaman are townies

Sister Mary Le Fever is mafia.

NuclearSpeed is the Bounty Hunter.

Did I miss anyone?

Any Questions?

I know who wins, too.

You can't know who wins, you do not have future forseen if you are the senator

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 12:05:33 AM »
Wow. How interesting.

Final tally:

Thatguy - 5
Sister Mary LeFever - 1
Nuclearspeed - 1

Thatguy....... has been VOTED OUT!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 12:14:59 AM »
Who is the apprentice for the Bounty Hunter?