Poll

Do you approve of Bill D-6?

Yay
3 (50%)
Nay
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Star Wars Mafia: Day 6. Hoth.  (Read 4823 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Star Wars Mafia: Day 6. Hoth.
« on: March 10, 2008, 02:24:55 AM »
After searching through the swamps of Dagobah for a few hours, Luke decided to stop and take a rest. So far, there had been no signs of life and he had seen nothing that might help repair his ship. Sitting in the mist, Luke longed for the hot, dry air of Tatooine. He wondered how the spice trade was going. He hoped Leia hadn't ruined things while he was stuck on another side of the galaxy. Frustrated, Luke grabbed a rock and threw it. The rock hit a tree and ricoched into his head. As luke lay on the ground in a daze, laughter suddenly rang out through the swamp. Luke looked around and finally saw a butt-ugly alien laughing. Luke picked up another rock and hurled it at the alien. The alien dodged it and started laughing again as it began to run away. Angry now, Luke ignited his lightsaber and started cutting through the swamp after the alien.

After a long chase, the alien finally tripped over a rock and Luke was able to catch up to the beast. I'm not so funny now am I, Luke asked as he prepared to slice the alien with his lightsaber.

"Stop!" a voice suddenly ordered. Luke turned to see a man in a faded Empire uniform standing beside a protocol droid both with blasters pointed at him. "Let my friend go," the man said. "This thing is your friend?" Luke asked stupified. The alien let out a laugh. "I'll admit Salacious Crumb doesn't make a good first impression but he can grow on you after awhile. But who are you and what are you here for?" the man replied.

Luke explained who he was and how his ship had been damaged in the Endor/Death Star explosion and he was looking to repair is ship. "But who are you?" Luke asked.

My name is Admiral Firmus "Plugabugz" Piett. This is a protocol droid that I built, C-3P0 and you've met Salacious Crumb already," explained Piett. Crumb let out a laugh. "Shut up Crumb," ordered the Admiral. The alien quickly stopped laughing. Continuing his story, Piett told Luke, "I guess I shouldn't call myself an Admiral anymore. I used to be one but I left the Empire when the New Emperor took over. I knew it wouldn't be safe for me to stay in the Empire anymore. The Old Emperor, Palpatine, had entrusted with many secrets of his and of the Empire. Most people knew this and I had no doubt that the New Emperor would want to have such knowledge for himself and would likely kill me after he got it to keep it to himself. Thus, I have been hiding out here undetected until you showed up just now. But you must be tired. Follow me and I'll take you to where I live and you can rest up for awhile."

Luke listened in amazement. Everyone knew about Admiral Piett and his famous disappearance. It was suspected that the New Emperor had either killed Piett or was Piett. Luke followed him to his home which was constructed out of some old rusting spaceships. Sitting in an old cockpit, the group of four sat and had a meal asking each other many questions. Suddenly, alarms started going off throught the cockpit. "What's happening?" asked Luke. "Imperial Ships are in the area. Hurry we have to get out of here before their sensors find us," Piett explained. "How? None of these ships is space worthy," Luke said. "One of them is," Piett replied and he pressed a button in the cockpit. Outside, a portion of ground slid away revealing a pit. From the pit rose a gleaming ship. Hurriedly, the group of 4 ran towards it. Suddenly, the ground exploded all around them and tossed them in the air. A star destroyer had begun orbital bombardment. Dazed, Luke got up and saw Piett lying near by. He rushed to the man's side and saw that his body had been mangled by the explosions. Looking at Luke, Piett coughed the words Order 66 and then died. And thus ended the life of Firmus "Plugabugz" Piett. An innocent townie who had been caught up in the winds of change around him.

Luke left him and hurried on to the ship where C-3P0 and Crumb were already waiting and beginning lift off. Hurrying to the cockpit, Luke joined them and proceeded to ignite the engines. Getting into orbit, they saw two star destroyers and a fleet of TIE fighters waiting for them. "We're doomed," said C-3P0. Crumb laughed. Then he pressed a button. Suddenly, the TIE fighters stopped closing in on the ship. After a brief pause, they instead just started to fire randomly all around. "What happened?" asked Luke, "What did that thing do?" "I'll do my best to find out sir," said C-3P0. Then he had a brief conversation with Crumb. After it was over, he turned to Luke and explained, "According to Crumb, Piett had installed a cloaking device on this ship and he just activated. The Empire is unable to track us on their sensors." "Yeah, unless they hit us with laser fire. We'd best go back into orbit and circle around to the other side of the planet," Luke replied.

Accross the galaxy, on Tatooine, a kessel spice dealer named NickMitch was leaving the Skywalker residence after having sold another shipment to their business. Heading back to the spaceport, his landspeeder suddenly exploded. Tumbling accross the ground at high speeds, NickMitch finally came to a stop. His body was bloody, bruised and broken in many different places. Suddenly, a shadow came over him. NickMitch realized it was a person standing by him. "Who are you?" he whispered. "I'm the new law of Tatooine," replied the man, "And the first law of Tatooine is that all Kessel Spice is to be sold to Jabba the Hutt. The second law is that none of it goes to the Skywalker family. I find you guilty of disobeying the law. I sentence you to death." Then the man shot NickMitch. Even though NickMitch was just a regular townie, Jabba had ordered anyone trading with the Skywalkers to be killed. And so, The Bounty Hunter killed him. The Bounty Hunter stared ahead in the distance. He would much rather just eliminate the Skywalkers instead. But killing the Skywalkers didn't mean that no one else would try to take their place in the spice trade. Thus, he had to intimidate the spice traders first. With the Skywalkers ruined and no one else able to get spice traded to them to take their place, then he could go eliminate them. That time is fast approaching, thought the Hunter. Then he turned and went back to Jabba's palace.

Back in space, Luke, Crumb and C-3P0 watched as a shuttle left a star destroyer and descended down to Dagobah's surface. The fleet had stopped firing as well as searching for them. Feeling that this was a good time to take off, Luke had the ship leave orbit and head off into space. Turning to the passengers with him, Luke asked what they should now? "Master Piett had a hidden base at Hoth from his days in the Empire. Perhaps we should head there and wait until the Empire leaves this sector of the galaxy," suggested C-3P0. "Have no where else to go so we may as well give it a shot," Luke said. Then they set a course for Hoth.

Meanwhile, in the New Emperor's throne room, word was brought to him about the discovery of Admiral Piett's body and the escape of Luke. Mulling over this turn of events and discovery, the Emperor pondered in thought. Then he spoke, "Order the Fleet to Hoth." With that, orders began to go out throught the Empire. Thinking to himself, the Emperor smiled. Things were starting to fall into place.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Mafia: Day 6. Hoth.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 02:29:10 AM »
Details:

Plugabugz killed in vote.
Plugabugz was a townie.

NickMitch killed by the Bounty Hunter.
NickMitch was a townie.

Voting ends at the usual time of Midnight EST. First actions are due an hour before and all other actions are due half an hour after the vote.

Bill D-5 narrowly passed yesterday so now that too has been implemented.

Which bring us to the latest Bill. Bill D-6 is as follows:

If this bill is passed, any townies still alive at the start of the 7th will be declared a winner if the townies win.

Aww. Isn't that nice? YOU DECIDE!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 02:31:53 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 02:37:42 AM »
The Dupe Saga

After talking to Shift Key and oohhboy, they have both felt that no action need be taken against the current mafia due to the situation they are in already. Instead, the punishment should be on Wandering and Wandering alone. So, I accept that and I think we can all agree that is most fair since it's not that fair to punish others for Wandering's error. So, there will be no action taken against the still living players.

As for what to do about Wandering, oohhboy had a good suggestion and I'm waiting to see what Wandering's response to it will be.

In addition, if the townies win, I will add oohhboy to the list of winners. It just seems right to automatically include him in this case.

So, that should hopefully take care of that business.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 07:48:51 AM »
This has gone on for too long.

VOTE TORURESU

He knows why

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 07:51:02 AM »
I'm gonna guess what that means, and go ahead and...
Vote Toruresu

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 08:00:54 AM »
VOTE TORURESU
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 09:49:14 AM »
Vote Toruresu

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 10:54:10 AM »
The secret to staying alive in mafia is to barely play.

CONFIRMED!
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 12:28:49 PM »
LOL!

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 12:55:29 PM »
Dammit, can we stop killing innocent people already!?
Vote Toruresu

This is the LAST time I vote for who everyone else is voting for, we keep killing townies and we still have Force Insight, this shouldn't be happening.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 02:15:23 PM »
Vote Toruresu

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 03:00:53 PM »
vote toruresu
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 06:50:34 PM »
The secret to staying alive in mafia is to barely play.

CONFIRMED!

Sad but true.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 06:55:08 PM »
Died down since halfway through day 5, the game has.  Wondering why, I am.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 07:00:59 PM »
Died down since halfway through day 5, the game has.  Wondering why, I am.

Running out of hiding places?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 08:18:20 PM »
I dunno.  The game is beginning to get exciting again.  I think people thought it was a foregone conclusion after the first two Mafia deaths. 

Now, we don't know who the Mafia members are, and townies are dying left and right...making it exciting again. 

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 12:17:35 AM »
Sorry about my lateness. Voting is closed.

Final tally:

Toruresu - 7

Another runaway vote with only one person getting killed. I've never seen votes back to back like that.