Poll

Do you approve of Bill D-5?

Yay
5 (55.6%)
Nay
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Star Wars Mafia: Day 5. Dagobah  (Read 8571 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Star Wars Mafia: Day 5. Dagobah
« on: March 08, 2008, 03:59:34 AM »
Following the exciting events of where we left off, the second movie picks up where the last one left off.

Luke has become King of the Ewoks and they have set up a model republic similar to the teachings of Plato. However, one ewok named Napolean kills his brother Snowball and assumes control of his family's fortune and uses it to amass a great army. With it, he crosses the Rubicon river that serves as a boundary of the Ewok capitol and abolishes the Republic to set up his own Ewok Empire. Luke, realizing that he has been acting as a monarchy in a Republic state that has now turned strongly to Fascism, wisely decides to flee the planet of Endor.

However, as a sign of his strenght of rulership, Napolean wants Luke caught to make an example of him. Luke however, engages in some awesome CGI fight scenes and makes it to his X-Wing and escapes. But the Ewoks are persistant and attach really long leaves to their hands and then flap them wildly to start flying in pursuit of Luke. A few others use catapults to fling them into the air after his ship. So, as Ewoks begin landing on his ship and tearing it to peices with some dull rocks and dry twigs, Luke decides he better activate his secret weapon.

Back on the Death Star, the crate Luke left behind blows up and from the smoke emerges RD-2D codenamed Darkheart. Well, Darkheart starts tapping into the Death Star's controls and sends it into hyperspace. R2-D2 receives orders from Luke to fire the cannon and destroy Endor. Unfortunately, because of the events from the last movie, the Empire has put people who are competant in their jobs on the Death Star to run it. Due to this, many IT guys realize that someone is hacking into the system and track the source down to the storage room R2-D2 is in. An army of stormtroopers bust in and start shooting at R2-D2. One laser hits a circut board that cause R2-D2 to fry. This also has the consequence shorting out the Death Star controls.

In space past Endor, Luke is still trying to evade the Ewoks. He watches in amazement as the Ewoks fashion air masks from some grass and pine tar as well as the fact that the Ewoks are able to flap fast enough to chase his ship and fire slingshots at him. Suddenly, the Death Star flies by him, still going at hyperspeed. It clips the Ewoks in pursuit of Luke, obliterating them. Then with an incredible boom, the Death Star collides straight into Endor, instantly killing all Ewoks in the city crushed between the two great land masses. The force is so great that it tears off an incredible chunk of Endor's crust allowing it's molten core to start bubbling to the surface. The Death Star crushes itself into a rectangular shape with metal flying everywhere and explosions rupturing all parts of it. Then the molten core starts eating through the Death Star until it reaches the Reactor core setting off an explosion that destroys both the Death Star but the planet Endor as well.

This sends out a shockwave of epic proportions accross the galaxy. Since the Death Star collided at such great speeds with the planet, it actually moved the planet out of orbit. Because of this, the shockwave from the explosion was much closer to nearby planets than it would have been if the orbit stayed where it was before. Due to this closeness, the shockwave then sent other planets off their orbits and chaos begin to develop in the galaxy as gravity began to get shifted around.

The shockwave also took Luke for a ride and carried him far off into the galaxy. When the shockwave finally passed, Luke found himself floating in space in a damaged ship with only one lonely planet nearby. Luke did what he could to repair the ship, wishing so much his beloved R2 unit was there to help him. But alas, Darkheart was just a simple townie, now dead and gone in a terrific explosion. Once he had done all that he could, Luke then set a rocky flight path to the only planet nearby, the planet Dagobah.

On Coruscant, the Jedi Council was convening to figure out why their plans were constantly being thwarted and so many Jedi were dying. Yoda began the meeting by telling how dark the future is. Unseen foes there are. Impossible to tell who may be behind these dark deeds. At that moment, Darth Vader's phone rang. Yoda turned in annoyance over to the large man sitting next to him. Off I asked your cell phones to be. Listen to me, you did not.

Everyone in the room looked at Darth Vader. It was silent except for his heavy breathing. Yes. Sorry Master Yoda but I really need to take care of this call. Opening his cell phone, Vader began speaking. What is thy bidding, my master? [silence] What's that? [silence] Bah. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force. [silence] You don't know the power of the dark side! [silence] I find your lack of faith disturbing! [silence] Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses. Alert all commands. Calculate every possible destination along their last known trajectory. Don't fail me again, Admiral. [silence] The Jedi? No. Leave them to me. I will deal with them myself. Then he hung up the phone.

Silence lingered in the air, broken only by Vader's rhythmic breathing. Looking around the room, Vader saw every Jedi staring at him with their lightsaber's ignited. Found our traitor we have, said Yoda. Nooooooooooooo screamed Vader and he leapt through a window falling down to the planet's surface. Slowly his descent with the force before hitting the ground, Vader lightly landed on his feet and ran into the many polluted alley's. Making sure no one was following him, Darth Vader opened a secret passageway and went in. Name? ordered a voice. Darth Vader. Password? Shyguy. With that, another set of doors opened and Vader made his way through and entered the office of a high ranking Imperial Officer.

You have failed, boomed a voice. No, my lord, answered Vader. He then explained the destruction of Endor and the Death Star but mentioned that Luke had escaped and the Imperial Fleet was searching through the asteroids that once made up Endor for a sign of Luke. I wasn't referring to the search for Luke, said the voice, I was referring to your identity being comprised in the Jedi council. Now we can not thwart their plans or mislead them. You are no longer of use to use.

With that, Vader was suddenly lifted into the air by means of a magnetic crane. It carried Vader over to a metal crusher and dropped him in. Just for once, let me look at your face with my own eyes, cried Vader as the walls started to close around him. Um, no, came the answer. As you wish, said Vader who was then crushed into a dial-up Internet connector. In this way, Vader was killed by the Empire. Even though he was an regular townie, he had done much in his life to slow down the Jedi. Now, in his death, he would still slow them down as they tried to surf the internet.

Back at Mos Eisly, The Bounty Hunter was enjoying the respect and fear being shown to him by all the townsfolk. Word had spread fast as to who he was and what he could do. As such, no one wanted to mess with him or displease him. The Bounty Hunter decided to see just how far he coudl go in this town. So, he pulled out a blaster and shot an alien by the name of KashogiStogi. Even though he was an innocent townie, The Bounty Hunter decided to take him into the sheriff anyways for a bounty. Too terrified to speak, the sheriff handed over something for the innocent man. The Bounty Hunter smiled to himself. There was nothing he couldn't do now. He pondered what to do with his new found power.

Meanwhile, with a camera wipe, the movie goes back to Luke now landing on Dagobah.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Mafia: Day 5. Dagobah
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 04:01:15 AM »
Details:

Darkheart was killed in the vote.
Darkheart was a townie.

Shyguy was hit by the mafia.
Shyguy was a townie.

KashogiStogi was hit by the Bounty Hunter.
KashogiStogi was a townie.

Voting ends at Midninght EST Sunday March 9. The deadline for the first action is two hours from now. No, I'm kidding. It's 11 pm EST on Sunday. The deadline for later actions is half an hour after the voting ends. But you know that by now.

So, as you can see, we're playing a supersized day.

Bill D-4 was passed. It's effects begin now. So, check back on that to see what it all entails. I will also post a list of bills in the quick thread showing which have passed and which haven't so that you can have easy access to find which ones matter.

With that recent success, the Senator is ready to try his hand at the next bill, D-5.

It reads:

With the permission of the all, the republic would like to offer experiments with midi-cholorians in the hope that the falling Jedi population maybe repopulated. With the passing of this bill townies without a role may volunteer each day for this program, one volunteer, selected at random will see if they can become one with the force. If it works than a power, (Insight, Rebound, Balance, Manipulation, Lightning, Mind Trick) will be randomly selected. Each participate has a 50/50 chance of receiving a power. The receipt of Manipulation or Lightning would mean a turn to the dark side for that player. If a townie fails to recieve a power, there is no consequence but they are unable to volunteer again.

As well I ask that we allow the bounty hunter to take on an apprentice, of his choosing, who would take over should he fall. These two would win should both be the last standing or just one.

I hope this bill pleases the people and that you will pass it like the previous one. Thank you.

There you have it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:10:52 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 04:13:42 AM »
The Dupe Account

So, as was revealed in the voting thread yesterday, there was a Dupe Account made to frame oohhboy that was successful. However, as mentioned in the rules, and I qoute:

Giving out information. Legally.

If you are not dead and wish to tell the players in the game a message, you have a couple of legal channels to do so. One, you can post this information in the voting thread or two you can send a private message to players. You can not, however, create another account and use it to hide your identity while giving out information. If you want to say something, you must accept the responsibility of saying it.

Now, this is a little bit dicey because as I said, it's not like any roles were revealed nor was it real information. But giving out information can still mean giving out dis-information or propaganda. Plus, as is mentioned, one must take the reponsibility of saying all information. In this case, the accustation or framing of oohhboy was used by a dupe account meaning the person responsible for the misinformation was trying to keep from taking responsibilty of being responsible for the set-up.

Thus, it's a no-no. Yet, it turns out this wasn't the biggest rule broken. In the rules, I also state this:

Revealing someone's role after you are out of the game.

If you are eliminated and then give away someone's role, you are stupid. And no one loves you. Do not under any circumstances give away information or a role when you are eliminated. This may lead to a banning by Pale, S-U-P-E-R, Svevan, Deguello (They really want to test out their mod powers on the new forums and are just looking for an excuse) and/or general ostratization from the rest of the NWR forum members. Plus, I will take whatever action necessary to rectify your interference and try to screw you over for it.

Just play fair. Is that too much to ask?

Turns out the Dupe Account had already been eliminated from the game. As we all know, if you are dead you do not talk to the living. You don't help them out or give them clues. Yet, if you look at the wording of my rules, I don't really say anything about giving away an incorrect role. Meaning claiming someone has a role they don't have. The closest I come to that is the line about giving away information when you are eliminated. As I said before, info can also be mis-info.

But the worst thing about the situation is that it is someone I like and a regular of these games that did it. It turns out the culprit was Wandering. I spoke to Wandering about it. I sent him this message:

"Why'd you do it Wandering? I was surprised to learn that it was you. I figured it would be a new person who was unfamiliar with the rules. But you know Dupe Accounts aren't welcome. And I really don't want to say it was you because it will make you blacklisted for future mafia games. You have a hard enough time surviving already. You've hosted mafia games. I don't get it."

To which he replied:

"What can I say? I thought my idea was so brilliant I had to do it.

I did have reservations. There was a nagging voice telling me not to go through with it because of the dupe account rule. I probably should have listened. But I told myself the rule was there to prevent someone from anonymously saying something like "Hey guys! I'm the detective, here's what I know", and not to prevent the kind of dirty trick I performed.

I would have no problem with you saying it was me. In fact, if you don't, I will."

So, like I've tried to explain, I understand where Wandering is coming from. Most of my rules were in place to punish someone for revealing actual and correct roles. And I'm always willing to listen when people find loopholes in the rules. If you can figure out something I haven't accounted for, maybe you should get a bit of a reward. Yet, Wandering still should have known that playing after you were dead was a no-no. Maybe it's part frustration at getting killed early a lot. I know when that happened to me for awhile, I was mighty tempted to do stuff. Maybe it was because it was late at night and he wasn't thinking straight. I don't know but it is what it is.

Which leads us to the next point.

Punishment

Many people wanted action taken against the offending group of the dupe. In this case, the offending group is the mafia since Wandering was a member. Yet, the mafia hasn't exactly been hot this game. The godfather killed himself on Day 1. They had no hit Day 2 because Crimm was hit by his own lightning. They went after the same hit as the Bounty Hunter on Day 3. Today was the first time they made their own successful hit..... on a townie. Even though the townies have lost a couple important roles, the mafia is still pretty down.

I guess what I'm saying is that with the way this game is going, do you want me to hurt the mafia further or not? Would you feel there is much of a game to play if the mafia was hurt further or do you think we just let it play out from here.

So, what I want is to hear from oohhboy and Shift Key on what their thoughts are on the matter since they were the biggest victims of the scam. Now that they know what has happened, I'd like to hear their recommendation of what they think the punishment should be and what kind of ruling they are looking for. They now know who was behind it and why and I've now outlined my concerns about the game so that they are aware of the issues I'm facing about meting out punishment.

I'll update you after my talks with them. They can send me a pm or post their thoughts in the voting thread.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:57:15 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 05:01:43 AM »
Three townies dead. Not a good day.

But the silver lining is that things are becoming more clear. Let us gather in the accusing parlour.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 05:31:19 AM »
I think the townies should be rewarded with more special roles! ... oh wait, I'm not Shift Key OR Oohhboy. Maybe we can bring Oohhboy back to life? Haha!

But yeah... uh... tough times. Statistically speaking, we'd HAVE to have killed a bunch of townies along the way. It doesn't make the sting any less harsh, but this is the sort of thing that usually happens on day 1: a whole load of townies die and everyone's running around like a headless chicken.

Ay-yay-yay.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 05:35:19 AM »
I don't know what you could do. Maybe strip the mafia of one or both of their abilities? At this point, It's process of elimination.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 05:41:05 AM »
Let's raise Oohhboy back to life. Make him a force ghost or something!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 06:21:01 AM »
That works, or he could just get credit for the win or anything townie-licious.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 06:25:09 AM »
This thread is terrible to read with Opera Mini.

We could supercharge an unannounced person instead?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 06:29:24 AM »
This thread is terrible to read with Opera Mini.

We could supercharge an unannounced person instead?
Try quoting messages to read them easier. It's what I've been doing with the Wii's browser. Just don't post the quote unless you comment on it.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 06:35:05 AM »
It's not that, it don't render as poorly as the internet channel. Instead it's a massive barrage of text.

But my idea still applies, supercharge someone but don't announce it.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 07:30:57 AM »
For what it's worth, my teammates had no knowledge of my scheme.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »
Thanks to the people who responded to my criticism yesterday. I’ve taken that stuff on board and come back with a new series of queries. I thought about doing this in private, but in this case I’d rather share my thoughts with everyone and see what they think of this.

So I’m just going to ask an open-ended question for specific people – these have stood out and I will outline my reasons.
I could have asked “What role are you?” but then I’d almost expect you to lie.

Bustin98
You have claimed to not be mafia this round, because you were mafia before the reset. But did you realise that I was the investigator role before and after the reset? So let’s throw cold water on those claims for now simply because it is a possibility. Actually, assuming a random selection, you have a 16% chance of remaining mafia if you were mafia before the reset. Or it’s a 2.56% chance of being mafia for both games.

My question for Bustin98 is: “We know now that oohhboy is a townie, and you did vote for him late in the day when his fate was sealed. That’s usually how the bandwagon rolls and it was a sizeable one on that day. But the vote on the previous day Pale stuck out to me. What were your reasons behind that?”

Sister Mary
You haven’t really been active aside from the voting. I think that may be because you’re still working out how things work. Or perhaps you’re trying to distract attention from yourself. Blending in is great if you can pull it off. Looking at your voting record, you’ve voted late in the day and have basically gone with the majority.

My question for Sister Mary is: “Do you think you’re finding your feet still or are you at the point where you feel confident and capable of winning?”

Nickmitch
You’ve been quiet this game. You’re no greenhorn when it comes to mafia so from my perspective you’re either you’re up to something, or you’re just not interested in playing.
Today you said that you’ve been busy with work stuff, but on the first day you also asked why people were voting for you. Since I haven’t got any voting data from you I’m going to ask you a question about strategy.

My question to nickmitch is: “Given you’ve been relatively absent from the game until now, what do you plan to do to help the townies win this game?”

Kairon
Everyone’s favourite third-party gamer. You were surprised to be implicated as a Mafia target on Day 3 and voted for oohhboy as a result. Now that its’ all sorted I feel like a real sucker. With the background on the motivation for the dupe, I’m left juggling two different schools of thought as to why you were involved, and it depends on the success of the dupe.

As the dupe was noticed, but led us to kill a townie, there’s also a good chance that you are also a townie. But involvement is equivalent to having blood on your hands, especially in games like this, and it may have numbered your days.
But if the dupe went unnoticed, it could have pushed attention away from a mafia member (the target of the fake message) and onto the person who implicated the fake godfather. While it also depends on the teammate doing a good job of avoiding attention, it does give them breathing space and credence when the finger-pointing starts.

My question to Kairon is: “How has the incident changed your outlook on the game? Do you hear the Emperor's wheeze in your sleep? ”

PS: The people on this list are under no obligation to reply, but it doesn't look good on your credit rating.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:50:46 PM by Shifty the Hutt »

Offline Sister Mary LeFever

• PS3ROX!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 06:20:31 PM »
'Finding my feet'? Well, I think so. But... I'm not very good at this stuff. I don't really have any hunches of my own, and so far not many of the arguments presented have really swayed me. After last Mafia game, I found it best to keep my mouth shut unless I have something important to say.
My signature is a trainwreck

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »
Mock voting, we are?  MOCK VOTE PLUGABUGZ
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:16:19 PM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 04:28:31 PM »
Well, there's no overwhelming evidence against anyone in particular. However, I do feel as though we should vote against the mafia. Giving the bounty hunter an apprentice makes winning harder, and while having more townies with abilities would be great and all, but having them potentially fall to the dark side is not worth the risk.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 04:58:59 PM »
Mock voting, we are?  MOCK VOTE PLUGABUGZ

Explain your reasoning.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 05:03:35 PM »
Hate Illinois Nazis, I do.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 05:08:49 PM »
I'm sorry but the nearest we have to Illinois is Brixton. Possibly the Isle of Dogs. Will that do?

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 08:45:02 PM »
Hmmm no one knows who to vote for?  Hey thatguy, give me a hand before we hand a kill to the mafia.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 09:39:22 PM »
There's not too much rush guys. We have until Sunday night to wave our pointing fingers around.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 07:43:22 AM »
VOTE PLUGABUGZ

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 03:41:54 PM »
Hey Shifty, what happened to that mock vote?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 08:51:56 PM »
No need to mock vote if he's the one we're getting rid of.

VOTE PLUGABUGZ

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 09:39:07 PM »
vote plugabugz