Author Topic: Homocidal Psycho Jungle: School Day 3  (Read 17027 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Homocidal Psycho Jungle: School Day 3
« on: January 15, 2008, 04:48:36 PM »
At the end of the day, TVman, was lynched.

Over the night, no one was transmogrified.

Death by Vote: TVman TVman was one of Calvin's Classmates.

You know the drill, polls end at midnight, night actions due, etc.  

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
RE: Homocidal Psycho Jungle: School Day 3
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 04:49:10 PM »
Sorry about the font.  I could only find the title-type Calvin and Hobbes font.  Additionally, I'm trying to refrain from changing text when it isn't necessary, so we're getting a two-font in one strip bonus!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 04:55:18 PM »
Why didn't you speak out TVman?!?!?! We could have helped you! (for the record, I DIDN"T VOTE FOR YOU!)

Vote Vudu  
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 04:58:26 PM »
Wait, only one person died today? What the...

And god damn it! Another townie goes...
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 05:09:53 PM »
Also: Remember, the fewer people that win, the better the chance of the winners to win the prize.  Keep that in mind as you play.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
RE:Homocidal Psycho Jungle: School Day 3
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 05:17:02 PM »
I heard a little birdie whispering about Vudu.

What secrets have you, Vudu?

Who would have thought that being in the same class as Calvin would be so dangerous?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 05:26:31 PM »
New, bonus info!

Calvin's Dad has managed a protection.  The protection holds until the end of this day, which included last night and today.

At this time, to any unrolled players, this narrows down the possibility of Calvin's Dad to only players who were voted for yesterday.  Additionally, Calvin's Dad is clearly not TVman.  Recall that Uncle Max has two hidden votes, and those count toward Calvin's Dad's requirement, so any player voted for yesterday could be Calvin's Dad.

I must apologize for not including this at the beginning of the day.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 05:26:40 PM »
unVote Khushrenada for brazenly offering to help our enemies.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 05:28:19 PM »

Originally posted by: wandering
Vote Khushrenada for brazenly offering to help our enemies.

...OH. You're kidding. I get it. Right?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 05:35:04 PM »
Uncle Max's votes can go out for whomever he wants.  They may both be to the same target if he chooses.  My wording above was unclear.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 05:40:54 PM »
What can I say? I love to survive. Fortunately, my Suzie protection came in just when I needed it. Looks like it thwarted the mafia's efforts also last night.

Now, this is a message I could just send in private but I want to dig the knife into the mafia a bit right now.

To Ernst Stavro Blofeld, could you please talk to your friend the T-Rex and ask him what his plan is for killing tonight? What win strategy is he going for? Thanks.

Hey Diamonds, do you have any knowledge on how I should vote today or are you just guessing? You never respond to my messages so I'm wondering if that is because your role doesn't allow you to. Hey if you do have a suggestion for the vote, try and relay it to me and I'll do what I can.

Right now, I know Suzie and by extension the T-Rex, I know Uncle Max, I know Spaceman Spiff. I'm Hobbes. That doesn't leave much left to find. I just need Calvin, Stupendous Man and Calvin's Dad. How are you doing mafia? How many people do you know? Hoping to penetrate my alliance? How's that working out for you? The balance of power has almost shifted to the townies favor. You'd better hope I don't find Rosalyn soon.

Too bad you didn't take me up on my offer. I'm always willing to make crazy deals.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 05:44:18 PM »

Originally posted by: Kairon

Vote Khushrenada for brazenly offering to help our enemies.

...OH. You're kidding. I get it. Right?

Yeah, Wandering is suspicious, given he hasn't said much the entire game up until now. Any reason why you seem sure it's Khushrenada? Personally, I'm tempted to see if a bandwagon might be worth starting for Wandering, but I think it's still too early for votes at this current time.  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 05:48:26 PM »
I'm going to add in something new.  Yes, I am.

Beginning tomorrow, the T-Rex will gain one new option:  I will send private messages to any player he chooses, and I will confirm to that player the identity of the T-Rex.  The player who has the info may do whatever he or she wants with it.  The T-Rex still will not be able to give out the roles of other players, though.

Yes, I know I'm shifting something around, but this may wind up with no effect, or it may even hurt the T-Rex, getting him killed.  We'll have to see what happens.  Since this choice is the T-Rex's, as I said, nothing will happen.  I just wanted to throw something else into the mix of the game.  If ten players protest this change by the end of the day, it will not happen, but they may only protest via PM to me.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 05:55:12 PM »
Boy I would feel bad If I killed a townie like TVMan with my vote. UNVOTE Wandering

On a side note, if we are competing for a prize here, where fewer survivors the better, it's going to be hard to keep a townie alliance working, right? Heck even the mafia might turn on each other to win.  

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 06:05:10 PM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Boy I would feel bad If I killed a townie like TVMan with my vote. VOTE Wandering

Whoa, whoa, don't get hasty.

We know Khushrenada is still alive. We know someone was protected last night. Furthermore, there are only two characters who can protect, and while it's possible Calvin's Dad did it by chance, it's much more likely that Suzie did since her driving motivation is to keep Hobbes alive. In which case, it adds fully legitimacy as to Khushrenada's claim, and removes any doubt.

Consequently, I doubt Wandering is mafia. If he was, why try to push the votes in a direction that was clearly resistant to being taken out, as it's fairly safe to assume Khushrenada was the mafia's target. So, yeah, in other words I think Wandering is innocent, and we need to find someone else who is suspect.

Khushrenada seems to have a pretty good grasp on the situation, so I hope he starts a band wagon soon (hopefully more fruitful than the last one though...)
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »
Well, if you are hoping for a bandwagon from me, it's not going to happen until 7:30 EST. That's when I'll be home from work and can concentrate on this game a bit. You may just want to do some sluething of your own in the meantime.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 06:14:38 PM »
For real, TVman, why didn't you speak out? Ugh.

Well, for all intents and purposes, it was a quiet night. It makes sense that Suzie couldn't make a hit if she was protecting Hobbes instead (at least that's how I understand the role works... I could very well be mistaken). Spiff didn't hit anyone for some reason. Tomorrow, the T-Rex's hit comes up...

I'm worried tomorrow is gonna be a bloody day. For now, I'll save my vote.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 07:21:55 PM »
You know, the more I think about it, the more I'm startin to gel with what KashogiStogi is saying and bustin98 is hinting at:

unvote
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 07:45:12 PM »

We know Khushrenada is still alive. We know someone was protected last night. Furthermore, there are only two characters who can protect, and while it's possible Calvin's Dad did it by chance, it's much more likely that Suzie did since her driving motivation is to keep Hobbes alive. In which case, it adds fully legitimacy as to Khushrenada's claim, and removes any doubt.

Unless the mafia decided to not make a hit, to make it seem like Khush was protected.

....but maybe that's a stretch. And maybe I'm letting my bitterness over being misled by Khush last game cloud my judgment. Hmm.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 08:01:23 PM »
Wandering, thatguy's post specifically stated that it was Calvin's dad who made the protection.

BTW guys, how'd you like my new avatar!

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 08:03:47 PM »

Unless the mafia decided to not make a hit, to make it seem like Khush was protected.

....but maybe that's a stretch. And maybe I'm letting my bitterness over being misled by Khush last game cloud my judgment. Hmm.

That would only work if Suzie also choose not to do anything, or by freak chance hit the "real Hobbes" or who ever the dad was protecting. It's not impossible, but for all of that to come together perfectly is extremely unlikely.

EDIT:

Wandering, thatguy's post specifically stated that it was Calvin's dad who made the protection.

Does it? I was under the impression that it was implying that someone is under his protection, not that it means someone had been saved from death. Although re-reading the rules you might be right...
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 08:09:53 PM »

BTW guys, how'd you like my new avatar!

Calvin's Dad managed A protection.  That does not necessitate that the protection had any effect.  My point is, in the rules, when Calvin's Dad earns three votes or more and protects, I am required to say that Calvin's Dad indeed did so.  Whether that protection has any effect on the night abilities or the day's vote is up to all the players, but regardless, it will be posted when Calvin's Dad protects.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 08:35:26 PM »
Hmmm... tres interessant.

Anyways, like Khush, I'll be gone a lot of tomorrow... well... more like all of it. So just in case this is the last chance I get to be online, I'll cast my vote on the early (and almost certain-to-be-overturned) bandwagon.

UnVote Vudu

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 08:57:29 PM »

Originally posted by: Arbok

That would only work if Suzie also choose not to do anything, or by freak chance hit the "real Hobbes" or who ever the dad was protecting. It's not impossible, but for all of that to come together perfectly is extremely unlikely.

Good point. I retract my vote.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2008, 03:02:58 AM »
changed.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram