Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 7.  (Read 8396 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 7.
« on: October 15, 2007, 06:50:50 PM »
The story for today is the fact that I spent all my time to write the story, writing an essay on private messaging im my mafia games instead. You can see it in the dead thread. I have a backlog of stories to write. Not good. Maybe I should let someone else write a chapter or two. I'm looking forward to duel hosting the next game. Make things so much easier in that regard. I'm too long winded.  
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 7.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 06:51:07 PM »
Heads Up.

As far as I can tell, this game is ready to march to its conclusion now. Therefore, voting today ends at 8:00 pm Eastern time.

What happened last night:

Zach (Bandit #2 and current godfather) - Voted out.
Shift Key (Saloon Girl Sally) - Killed by Black Heart Jack.
Stevey (Bandit #1) - Death by inactivity

There is no one who actually needs to vote today. But I think people will anyways. I'll wrap up the game when I get home.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 7.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 07:14:06 PM »
Slap Leather Nuclear Speed!!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE: Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 7.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 01:14:14 AM »
Well, there is only one thing left to do.  Black Heart, you killed my Saloon Girl.  Sure, she was everyones Saloon Girl, and I couldn't touch her because frankly she was too expensive, but now you are going to die.

Vote Nuclear Speed

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 02:15:29 AM »
VOTE nuclear speed

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 01:38:34 PM »
And, no surprise, the game is over.

Nuclearspeed (Black Heart Jack) - Death by Vote

TOWNIES WIN

Winners:

Bustin98 - Townie
Crimm - Doctor John Baxter
ShyGuy - Townie
Spak-Spang - Sheriff Rock Williams

Feel free to post your thoughts about the game here. You're strategies, ideas and even surmise about the next game when it hits. Congratulations to the winners and a big thanks goes out to all who played.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 7. Game Over.
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 02:13:24 PM »
NuclearSpeed, you played a great game up until the point that you hit the mafia instead of a townie.  Everything was pretty perfect.  The trick was that you really wanted the mafia and townie numbers to be about even.

Also, I've got a question for Khush:  Could Saloon Girl Sally force someone to vote?  If a player didn't vote that day, could that role make it so a vote was counted for the non-voting player?  Just curious, really.

As far as the mafia goes, I'm disappointed that you weren't able to hit a single roled player.  That's not good.  I think you had lost the game when Decoyman died, really.  Sessha did pretty well, too.  Stevey shouldn't have given up, either.  I hate to say it, but overall, it was a pretty poor showing.

With the townies:  You shouldn't have killed Dasmos and you shouldn't have killed 18 Days.  I named 18 Days, and afterwards, I got hit by the Killer and the mafia.  They both obviously wanted it to look like 18 Days was guilty.  Of course, the one person I mention this to before I died was Sessha, so of course, he covered it up.  Atrun Zala should have trusted me, too.  It made me sad.  Crimm did pretty well with the doctor role.  I think we both agree that a townie dying is no real loss, and with a limit on saves, isn't worth the trouble.  This is the reason why I named someone I didn't think was mafia then, as well.  Also, Spak, you did better than you thought you did, too.  You kept the generic townies enough in the know to let you tell them what to do, but out of the way enough that if you were talking to mafia, you wouldn't be considered a roled player.  That's about the best that can be done, really.  It kept you alive and confused the mafia, and nothing is better than that, aside from getting an accidental PM.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 7. Game Over.
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 02:18:12 PM »
My sacrifice made this win possible.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 02:54:40 PM »
thatguy:  Was that a reference to my accidental PM I sent you.  Hehe.

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 03:11:26 PM »
Thanks thatguy, when the bounty hunter went off and knocked out 2 extra people and made the numbers almost even I saw there was an actual possibility that I could win. The big mistake though was not trusting the mob day 5 and going after Sessha that night. If I would have followed the original plan for that day Sessha would have been there still and Sally would have been gone giving it an almost even number with me having to follow the godather passing and make sure not to go after the same target.

I feel as if I should get an honorary mention on the win, not sure what would have happened for the townies if Decoyman wasn't chosen on the hit for day 4.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 03:12:07 PM »
Of course it was.  Your only bad game I've been in so far.  Just don't forget it happened twice.  I take it that didn't happen this time, though.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 03:13:05 PM »
I seem to be on some sort of winning streak with these mafia games.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 03:14:38 PM »
Also, I now need a new avatar, any suggestions?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 03:29:54 PM »
Another character from the delightful Kelsey Grammer?

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 03:33:45 PM »
My second Mafia win.  It's a pleasure to have helped my fellow Townies.  Hey kush, can you tell me if any of my healin' magic actually got used?  That is to say, did anyone I "protect" need it that day?
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 03:36:15 PM »
Well, I can answer that.  Two people died every night except for nights where I was hit or a killing role died in the vote, so no, you didn't land any protections.  Thanks to you and Spak working together, they weren't necessary, though, so it doesn't matter.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 04:03:30 PM »

Also, I've got a question for Khush:  Could Saloon Girl Sally force someone to vote?  If a player didn't vote that day, could that role make it so a vote was counted for the non-voting player?  Just curious, really.

Nope. I asked this question and I could only change votes that were cast.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 04:07:47 PM »

Originally posted by: NuclearSpeed
I feel as if I should get an honorary mention on the win, not sure what would have happened for the townies if Decoyman wasn't chosen on the hit for day 4.

You waived your honorary mention when you killed a whore on the last day.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 04:57:02 PM »
I got to the end mainly to the kind gestures of decoyman and sessha. But luck too, I guess. I had no strategy. But I had fun and was looking forward to the end of the night each time to learn what had happened. I'm ready to do it again.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 04:58:42 PM »

Originally posted by: Crimm
My second Mafia win.  It's a pleasure to have helped my fellow Townies.  Hey kush, can you tell me if any of my healin' magic actually got used?  That is to say, did anyone I "protect" need it that day?

Nope. The closest was when you protected Athrun. I was wondering if you were doing that in case Athrun hit a townie and hoped that would keep Athrun from dying. But, your power only prevents a person from being killed by a hit, not incorrect hits by a player.

Shift Key answered the Saloon Girl question.

The turning point in the game was when TVMan got voted out. Even though the townie alliance had a pretty good idea who was mafia by then, they didn't know who was who in the mafia or if they could trust the two townies they did have in the alliance fully just yet. If TVMan lived and made the hit he wanted, even with Nuclearspeed's Sessha hit, things would still have been close and up in the air. But with TVMan's death, the mafia lost a hit, and lost another member by the killer putting the townies in full control. Plus, with the original godfather dead, the investigator knew who the last two townies were and thus rendered the other mafia member's lies ineffectual. That was what ended the game.

And yet, there was still a way for the mafia to have come back and that would have been a hit on Crimm to get the doctor power since Crimm had actually kept two protections left for late in the game. That could have backfired but fortunately, the identites stayed hidden.

I find it interesting that in the end, the mafia died the following ways:

2- voted out
2- by killer
2 - by inactivity.

Strange.  

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 05:57:23 PM »
Well, Kagoshi was excusable. I don't know what happened to Stevey, though. Then the killer was getting advice from the townies (I think).
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 01:50:38 AM »
I only contacted the Killer once, and he didn't listen to my suggestion...he killed a townie.  

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 01:57:06 AM »
Yeah, it was frustrating only finding townies in your investigation because in the back of your head you keep on telling yourself the odds are you will find a Mafia member...and then you think maybe you have.  

I was very careful with my communications not to reveal Crimm or Shift Key, but I just didn't know.  Once TVMan died it was over.  But you know things would have been really interesting if we had joined the other Townie Alliance.

Athun Zala would have hit TVman if I remember correctly, killing the godfather.  Freeing me up to believe everyone I researched, and keeping him alive.  I already had suspicion of Decoyman, but not Seesha at all...so things would have gone vastly differently.  Dark Heart would still have been killed though...I didn't trust him at all.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 02:36:08 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
I already had suspicion of Decoyman, but not Seesha at all...so things would have gone vastly differently.  Dark Heart would still have been killed though...I didn't trust him at all.

Decoyman openly threatening me (and then backpedalling and then throwing a few PMs back and forth) meant he slipped under my radar early on - he was part of the other alliance at the time and I knew there were moles within that group thanks to Athrun - but if I didn't have Spak for investigations I probably would have kept talking to him.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 03:52:14 AM »
Hmm... so did you investigate me, Spak?

And when you told me you were the investigator on the night I was taken out, I wondered if you were telling me that so I could potentially send a hit at you when the doctor was actually protecting you... I guess, based on Khush's comments about Athrun, that it wasn't the case. Regardless, it helped save you that night.

It's interesting that we seemed to have the same problems. You kept trying to identify mafia members, and we kept trying to hit players w/ pro-townie roles. The only thing is, we both kept getting townies. This worked out better in your favor, as in the end there were so few townies, meaning it was harder for us to hide, while allowing you a full roster of combined powers.  
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)