Author Topic: Mafia XIX: The Wild West. Day 1  (Read 14835 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XIX: The Wild West. Day 1
« on: October 08, 2007, 05:16:49 PM »
Stumbleton Creek Valley. A new day was now beginning in this humble backwater town.

The doctor John Baxter had already informed the townsfolk that Sheriff Rick Williams had something to announce regarding Col. Sancho Volonté and his bandits. In anticipation of this news, the townsfolk gathered around in front of the Sheriff's office. At 8 am sharp, Sheriff Rock Willaims rode into town and went straight to his office. There he stood before the townsfolk and addressed them saying:

"Good citizens of Stumbleton Creek Valley. I am sure you all know by now of what I am here to talk to you about. And I'm sure you've also heard the news of Henry and Maria's death last night at the hands of Col. Sancho Volonté and his men. Well, I am here to tell you that before Maria she revealed to me some info about Col. Sancho Volonté and his men. But before I mention what that is, let me first explain something to you all that happened yesterday when myself and a posse rode up to track Volonté and his bandits."

The sheriff then preceeded to inform the townsfolk what had happened when he followed Volonté's tracks. Continuing the story, the sheriff said:

"Now initially, I was confused about what might have happened. And then that evening, I had a visitor come to my house. It was Maria, badly injured and nearly unconscious. She had been beaten by Volonté and his bandits and left for dead. But she survived and came to me for help. She told me that Henry.... was one of Volonté's bandits."

The town gasped at this revelation. Honest Henry, the town banker. It couldn't be true.

"I'm afraid it is so. It appears it was Henry's job to cover the tracks of the outlaws so that we couldn't track them. He had done a good job of it up until now. Often, when a posse rode out, we had no real trail to follow. But for whatever reason, this time a trail was left. It seems Volonté heard that we were able to follow this trail and track his path. Because of this, Volonté and the rest of his men paid a visit to Henry and Maria. It seems Volonté will not tolerate failure. Even from his own men. Henry pleaded for them to let Maria go since she had no involvment with the gang of outlaws and had no idea that Henry was a part of it. But Volonté refused saying she knew too much now. And well, like I said, Maria was left for dead after and Henry was dead. But Volonté made the mistake of not checking on Maria and she rode to meet me and tell me what had happened. I sent out a farmhand to have the Doctor John Baxter meet me at the home of Henry and Maria while I rode over there with Maria to see if there were any other clues. When John got there, he found Henry was dead and did all he could for Maria but she was too far gone by that point. But Maria did enough to help me learn the identities of Col. Volonté and his bandits."

The citizens all went silent at that announcement and concentrated completely on the sheriff's words.

"You see, Volonté and his bandits wore bandanas over their faces when they attacked Henry and Maria. So, Maria was unable to identify them herself. But she heard their voices and recognized them. Due to the traumatic events she suffered, Maria wasn't able to dwell on where she had heard them before. She just knew they were familiar and that she had heard them in town before. That got me thinking. How could she have heard Volonté and his bandits in town before? Why did Volonté kill Henry? How did Volonté and his bandits vanish so close to town? The answer is simple. Like Henry,....... Volonté and his men are all citizens of this town!"

Shock and disbelief rippled through the crowd as the stunning revelation hit them.

"Think about it. How could a band of strangers have survived a month in this land without anybody spotting them or finding any traces of them in all this time? Why would Volonté and his gang circle back to the main road so close to town when they could be easily spotted? The answer is because they have been hiding in plain sight. Volonté and his men are not strangers. They are our neighbors. They weren't afraid of being spotted because they are citizens of this town. People are on guard for strangers not people they see everyday. That's why Henry was killed. He left too big a clue regarding the identity of Volonté and his bandits. The fact that Henry was a member and that his wife recognized the voices from people in town all add up to the same conclusion. Volonté is among us."

"What do we do?" someone from the crowd asked.

"I'll tell you what. We use this knowledge to our advantage. We all start opening up our eyes to the people around us. Start racking your brains for any suspicious or odd behavior you may have noticed. Reflect on anything you may have noticed that seemed strange to you. It may be another clue to the identity of this ruthless gang. And I don't want to start mass hysteria but start examing your fellow citizens. Because sadly, some among them are responsible for all this trouble. I'm going to do what I can investigating things on my own but this problem requires the help and effort of each and every one of you."

"Over there, in the town square is our gallows. When we find Volonté and his gang, and I swear to you we will find them, that is what will await them. A public execution and a swift death. Volonté and his men have declared war on us all. The gallows is a symbol of our resolve and determination to bring these theives to justice and to show that we will not back down from their brutal tactics."

"Well, that's all I have to say. I don't want any mass lynchings or mass hysteria starting up. If you believe you've found someone who's guilty or suspicious, I expect you to bring them forward to Judge Khushrenada and he will render a verdict on the suspect. You can all carry on with your business."

And with that Sheriff Rock Williams entered his office. The townsfolk milled around a bit briefly still a buzz over the revelations they had just heard. But they didn't start congregated for long for fear had begun to spread through the town. Conversations became hushed, eyes darted back and forth scrutinizing every action. Slowly, a majority of the townsfolk headed over to the Saloon to help ease their worry. Sheriff Rock Williams watched them mosey on over. He needed a drink also and he had a bottle in his desk for just such an occasion. He had laid everything on the line. Everyone now knew what he knew so hopefully this would keep Volonté and his men from coming after him to keep him silent. Still, he knew couldn't just end his involvment at that. Nope, he still wore a badge and he was still sworn to protect these citizens. He was fortunate to have lived as long as he had doing what he did. Rock realized that this might be the toughest case he ever tackled and of all the dangers he had encountered, there was a very good chance he would not make it through this case. But if he was going to die, it was going to be because he was doing his job and all he could to bring these outlaws to justice. With that, Sheriff Rock Williams took one last swig from his bottle, put on his cowboy hat, straightened his badge and stepped out into the town to do his job.

Not many people paid him much attention. Instead, most people kept glancing at and thinking about that edifice that stood in the center of town. The gallows.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia XIX: The Wild West. Day 1
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 05:17:05 PM »
Heads-up

The Day 1 voting thread is now open. The deadline to vote is Midnight Eastern time. I'm hoping that works for most everyone. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can adjust the voting deadlines.

At the moment, no one is in danger of being killed for not voting. Everyone still has today or tomorrow to vote before they would be axed but why play dangerously? Vote now.

Don't forget to check the announcements in the Announcement thread. Other than that, have fun.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 05:20:42 PM »
Edit: No vote yet
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia XIX: The Wild West. Day 1
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 05:37:27 PM »
Hi there!  Stinky Pete, the prospector.  Welcome to the saloon.  I'm expecting my brother, Niles, to be in shortly.

A long, long time ago, I can still remember,
When that saloon used to make me smile
And I knew that if I had my chance,
My gun could make those bandits dance,
And maybe, no one'd die for a while.
But the desert made me shiver
With every ranting I deliver.
Bad news through the saloon doors
They're nearly out of good whores.
I can't remember who has died,
but there are plenty widowed brides,
so I can get one and survive,
the day the saloon was under attack covertly by evil bandits that I hope we can find and kill before they kill us.

Hey, strangers, heard anything about what's going on lately?  You can whisper it in my ear, I'm a good secret keeper.  However, I cannot control my VOCAL MODULATIONS, so I tend to SHOUT every thing I SAY!  I have a hard time being secretive, myself, unfortunately.  If you WANT ME to SHOUT anything out that YOU WHISPER without TELLING ANYONE IT'S YOU, I can do that pretty EASILY, though!  YOU CAN also trust me WITH who YOU ARE AND WHAT you do.  I WON'T TELL.  Prospector's HONOR!

un-Vote VUDU.  I never seem to agree with the cut of his jab. Jib.  Jib-jab.  Oooooo Hidey didey didey didey didey didey die!

I started singing bye-bye Miss Yeehaw Sign.  Drove my mustang to the slaughtering house, but the beef was all grind.  Them good cowboys were drinking whisky and rye, singing this'll be the day that I ride, this'll be the day that I ride.  

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 05:45:55 PM »
Mister, I think you went plumb loco!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 05:48:06 PM »
You would, say that, wouldn't you, pardner.  Is that a hotdog in your ten-gallon hat, or are you just happy to see me?

Edit: Shyguy, are you still taking the "No sending PM challenge," too, or is it only going to be me this time?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 05:55:03 PM »
Pete, I'm an upstanding kind of gent, and I ain't one to go whispering to people behind their backs. Everything I say is out here in the open! (Barring game-rules-needed PMs of course)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 05:58:45 PM »
Well that's a darn-tootin' shame.  Like I said, I love to hear whispers.   I just can't give 'em.  In fact, I'd love it if everyone in the town would send me whispers.  I just need to clean out my back-log of earwax real quick.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 06:08:15 PM »
Barkeep, send some shine this way so I might wet my whistle.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 06:20:01 PM »
The saloon door is opened wide, and two pale men followed by a pale woman enter the bar. She makes her way to the bartender.

We are trying to locate this individual.

She shows the bartender a weathered photograph of an individual he knew, but denied knowing to this strange one. After his denial one of the two men beside this strange looking woman raised his hand, and the bartender could swear he something like tentacles coming from the hand

No.

Perhaps the bartenders eyes were playing tricks on him because those "tentacles" appeared to vanish.

If you hear or see this individual, let me know will you? He holds the future of my collective, my gang if you will. You can call me Neeuq. Now, comply and pour me and part of my collective nutritional supplement "whiskey", I think that is what you call it.

After received her drink, her and her two gang members sat down. Her piercing stair sent shivers up the spine of the bartender. Those eyes looked so black and lifeless.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 06:20:51 PM »
I agree. Barkeep, how about a whiskey while we wait for some happenings?

VOTE DASMOS  

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 06:28:55 PM »
Let's make some happening!

I had a dream, that Stinky Pete is made equal.  He does not add much to the town.  He does not take away from the town.  He just tries to lynch one person a day, a measly gesture.  So, vote me, Dr. Stinky "Grammer" Pete as not the person to lynch today, as I am a man of the town.  I also know another man of the town.

Niles, is that you?  Did you just order a whiskey?  And Daphne, you're with Niles?  What a delight to have you all here!  

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 06:36:12 PM »
That old biped human is starting to annoy me. Resistance will be futile for him.  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 06:39:21 PM »
By golly, I do detect a secret!  Is that so?  Why?  Voice, should I shout this out?  What reason should I give?

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 06:43:31 PM »
Brisco, sitting at the bar, notices the strange pale woman with the fancy, new-looking cowboy hat, and his mind is suddenly filled with an image of the orb. he covers his slight loss of composure, and addresses the strange young woman

Pay no mind to that Stinky fella over there, Ma'am. He talks crazy, and isn't much use until it comes time for a laugh.

he tips his hat, and looks back to the bartender

Whiskey. Why don't you just set that bottle down here, Khush? Ain't got nothin' better to do today...

Brisco's restless eyes scan the bar and its unfamiliar patrons, looking for a sign to help him make a decision.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 06:44:02 PM »
Y'all supposed to yell "Norm" when I walk in.

And Grammer, what happened to your hair?  

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 06:51:04 PM »
Norm!  Norm, good to see you, old friend.  Do you know where the talking cactus went?

Well, I suppose no harm, no foul.  Is there a doctor in the house?  I'm feelin' woozy.

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 07:04:07 PM »
Flint swung open the double doors to the saloon his eyes scan the room finally settling on the one thing he is looking for

Do you have any whiskey left in these parts?

The barkeep doesn't look up he reaches low and slides a dusty bottle towards Flint

I won't be needing a glass

Catching the eye of a cowboy drinking whiskey further down the bar he tips his hat in common courtesy perhaps he could be of some help although he had no idea how friendly folks were around these parts.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 07:09:11 PM »
Pardon me, feller.  You don't mind me askin' if your kids got old west toys or space toys, d'ya?

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 07:19:48 PM »
Course not, my sons prefer old west toys, I'm gone a lot on cattle drives the toys remind them of me.  I don't reckon you have any kids prospector?
Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 07:21:51 PM »
I found some goats one time.  I turned their milk into gold, then they ate my 'stache.  I had to glue the dern thing back on, and I lost the cottony feel.

Edit:  So seriously, talking cactus, can I hear more of your serenade?  You romance me with you prickly-arms of wisdom, but refuse to saturate my appetite.  Yes, person who messaged me in regards to someone else, I'm talking to you, my cactus.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 1
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 07:41:20 PM »
Allow me to briefly interrupt. The story is now posted and I suddenly realized the theme od this mafia was not the wild west but Hang 'Em High so I corrected that. Anyways, I am going to bed now. I'll see if I can log on during the day to answer any questions people may send me but I'm going to warn you to not expect an answer until I come home from work in the afternoon. Carry on.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 1
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 07:50:33 PM »
To whom it may concern, I do not whisper, but I do not mind receiving whispers.  I tend to shout, so I am incapable of whispering.  That does not stop this old loon from teaming up with you yeller bellied sapsuckers, though!  What're you sellin'?  What am I buyin'?

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 09:12:10 PM »

Originally posted by: thatguy
yeller bellied sapsuckers

WHAT? MY MOTHER IS A SAINT!  

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 12:45:44 AM »
*Bursts into saloon with a loud crash "BOOOOOOOOOM" the piano player stops and everyone turns towards Jenkins looking puzzled*

I FOUND it I FOUND THE CULPRIT!  *everyone being shocked and puzzled runs outside to see what Jenkins found*

*Tied to a wooden chair is a dead chicken that seems to have been dead for a day or two . . .*

Ladies and Gentleman I present to you THE GOLD THIEF, This is the REASON why we have NO GOLD IN THIS HERE TOWN.  

*People on the edge of the crowd start walking away as the others stay put and listen intently in amusement.  This was fairly normal and everyone always had a hoot of listening to Jenkins "talk" to things. . . *

*Slaps dead chicken*  Where'd you hide it *slaps again* WHERE DID YOU HIDE THE GOLD

*starts crying*  I have spent 41 years in this god forsaken town and you. . . .you. . .you. . .stopped me from makin it big. . . . .

*stops what he is doing and walks closer to the dead chicken to the point where they are inches apart*

Gloria . . . GLORIA is THAT YOU!?  (Gloria was his wife who left him 20 years ago because he never let his concept of gold mining go)

Gloria you know where the gold is?   Gloria dont be silent its me Paul Jenkins we usedta be married. . . .

You know where the gold is!?  TELL ME, TELL ME PLEASE. . . .  What do you mean you wont!   I just need to . . .DONT INTERRUPT ME, YOU ALWAYS WERE AGAINST ME! YOU Mother . . . .

*Jenkins pulls out a revolver and the crowd around him goes wild, ladies scream and men struggle him down on the ground and take the gun away from him.  Jenkins gets away from the mob but tackles the chair with the tied up dead chicken and starts beating on it manically.*

WHERE IS IT B*TCH TELL ME TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  *starts to sob on ground*

*A few men pick Jenkins up and start walking him inside the saloon.   If this was anyone else, they would of been tossed into jail.  Jenkins was not drunk either for he never liked wasting money on Whiskey though he always said when hed struck it rich hed drink to his hearts content.  They sat him down at his own table and served him some water as he muttered about the filthy traitor of a woman.*