Author Topic: [Star Fox Mafia] Sign-up thread - ver. XI, approx. 315k  (Read 11922 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
[Star Fox Mafia] Sign-up thread - ver. XI, approx. 315k
« on: October 30, 2006, 10:40:03 AM »
I’m planning on starting on the 6th, the first Monday in November. If this will pose a problem for you, please let me know. We will be playing over the weekend. Sign-ups close the night before the game begins, at midnight EST.

And now, without further ado, I present:

With the Lylat system at peace and no new missions forthcoming, the Star Fox team was taking a much needed break. Fox was relaxing on Sauria when he got a distress call from Slippy....

Fox quickly shared the news with the rest of the team, and General Peppy.

And so Fox, Falco, and Krystal boarded the Great Fox and made their way to the Lonely Hearts Inn, a vacation satellite orbiting Cornaria. Soon after their arrival, the following message was sent:

"Report to General Peppy from Fox McCloud:

Outside communication has been cut off, but we finally managed to get a message through. We've made it to the Inn, and Slippy and everyone else is okay. But the situation is far worse than we thought - Star Wolf is being lead by Andross, and he's here on the satellite! To make matters worse, he's flooded the corridors with deadly gas. My team, every vacationer, and me are trapped in our individual rooms - the only places that are safe from the gas.

We're going to try and take care of Andross and Star Wolf - we know they're trapped in their rooms too, so it'll be a piece of cake for ROB to drop bombs on their locations. The only problem is - we've checked the guest list, and they aren't on it. Which means there are four traitors on board who are hiding and protecting the bad guys in their rooms, and we don't know who they are. We suspect that Andross has subjected these traitors, and maybe even Star Wolf, to some form of mind control.

It isn't all bad, though. Each room is equipped with a powerful Ultra 64 computer, and I can talk with everyone on the satellite over the Ultra 64 network. We've decided that everyone will vote on who the traitors are. Whoever the vacationers decide is a bad guy, will be blown up. It'll be tricky, because the traitors will be able to vote too, and Andross and Star Wolf will be able to monkey around with us as well. But it's our only option. I hope no innocent people are killed.

Fox Out."

Andross and Star Wolf taunt Fox and company by day, and kill by night.

Andross - BlackNMild. Kills one vacationer ever night. Has the power to make the traitor who is protecting him appear like an innocent vacationer to the investigator.
Wolf O' Donnel - Blackfootsteps.
Leon Powalski - Mario.
Panther Caroso - Mystic Gohan.

The traitors – Loyal to Andross, each one is hiding either Andross or a member of Star Wolf. If a traitor is voted out, both the traitor and the bad guy he is protecting dies.

If Andross dies, he gets to choose which member of Star Wolf will become the new leader. This person will be capable of killing, but not of making his protector appear innocent. His hold on his followers will not be as strong as Andross’s – if his fellow Star Wolf members, or the traitors, disagree with who he is planning on killing on any given night, they can choose to overrule him. If there are at least two traitors remaining, and every traitor sends in the name of an alternate target, that person will be killed instead. Similarly, if there are at least three members of Star Wolf remaining, the leader’s fellow Star Wolf members can also pick an alternate target (Star Wolf alternate targets trump traitor alternate targets.)

Fox McCloud - while better known as a fighter pilot, Fox is also a skilled investigator. He can determine the role of one person each night.

The Doctor - There is a Cornarian army doctor on board, identity unknown. He can protect one person every night.

And finally, there are the innocent vacationers.

The Ultra 64 network is divided into three sections, or "threads":

-Open Channel: Discuss goings-on here.
-Voting Booth: Vote for who you suspect here.
-ROB's Updates: See the results of votes, who the bad guys have killed, etc., here.

Every day, you vote for who you suspect is loyal to Andross, in the "Voting Booth" thread. With the exception of Andross and members of Star Wolf, everyone can vote, including people with roles. Every night, the bad guys can kill one person, Fox can investigate one person, and the doctor can protect one person (via pms).

You can lie, claim whatever you want, and even reveal your role. However, you are not allowed to quote or show screenshots of pms. While alive, you must post in a mafia thread at least once every 2 days (except over the weekend.) While dead, you must not try to influence the outcome of the game in any way. (While there’s obviously no way of monitoring pms, please honor this rule. It’s important because the bad guys will often kill people to hush them up.)

To win, you have to stay alive. Apart from that, if you’re innocent, all of the Andross loyalists need to be voted out. If you’re not innocent, innocents need to be killed off until the number of innocents is equal to the number of Andross loyalists.

Before the game starts, you can choose to play as any character in the Star Fox universe, and I will pm you an appropriate avatar in addition to your role.

“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline wandering

• View Profile
RE: [Star Fox Mafia] Sign-up thread - ver. XI, approx. 315k
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 10:41:10 AM »
The following characters are already taken:

Fox McCloud - ?
Wolf O' Donnel - Blackfootsteps
Panther Caroso - Mystic
ROB – Wandering
Falco – Zach
A robot that looks remarkably similar to the original Great Fox – Stevey
Tricky - Spak
Trebonius Cinna (a character of his own creation) - Stabby
Katt Monroe - Ceric
A BafomDad - Vudu
General Pepper - Khush
Bill Grey - Drew
Slippy - Dasmos
? - TVMan
Amanda - 18days
? - Decoyman

We still need BlackNMild and Mario!

Please sign up here, even if you already said you were playing in the interest thread. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Oh, here’s a text-only version of the sign-up thread, if you can’t see the images for whatever reason.        
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 10:46:20 AM »
As you can see from my participation in the zombie game right now, I'm absolutely swamped at work.  Don't count on me for this.  It will probably be the first mafia game I miss.  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 11:02:31 AM »
Wasn't there a Whale in one of the Comics... I'm going to go check that... If I'm right I want to be the Whale just because of how weird that is.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 11:21:35 AM »
I am in.  I want one more try at Mafia at least.

I will be Tricky the Dinosaur.  (I love dinosaurs)

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:[Star Fox Mafia] Sign-up thread - ver. XI, approx. 315k
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 01:30:54 PM »
There aren't many characters in the Star Fox universe. Any chance that you could let me slip by with this fellow?

Outside of the Lylat system's northern end lies the beginning of another nation. Consisting of a dozen solar systems, this is that of the star-spanning Roma Republica. With Terra as their capital and cultural center, it has thrived for centuries. Its people are of a race known as Humans, similar yet different from the denizens of the Lylat system. They are militaristic and a bit xenophobic, so relations have been cool for the most part. Some call for the immediate invasion and extermination of the 'Xenos', as the citizens of the Lylat system are sometimes called, but they are a minority. Such an invasion would be risky, because while the Republic's Legions would be the dominant force on the ground, their Navy is much smaller then that of the Cornarian Navy. Recently however, the Republic has been striving to improve relations with their neighbor.

Trebonius Cinna is the first emissary to be sent. He is a hero in the Republic, known for his bravery and skill defeating several rival armies and putting down a planet wide rebellion with no bloodshed. Quite and peaceful, he is normally reserved, but is not afraid to fight when the situation cannot be solved any other way. His temperament and renown made him the obvious choice for the first true diplomatic mission in years to the Lylat system. It is unfortunate he stopped at Sauria and has decided to stay there for the remainder of the crisis. Trebonius Cinna's death would spoil relations for years.

For the avatar, there are some excelent screenshots from the game Imperator I could use.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 01:40:27 PM »
Sure, I guess. What's that from?

Oh, this Wikipedia entry might be useful for anyone hasn't decided on a character (edit: but beware spoilers!)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 02:11:24 PM »
If I can't find the Whale I want "Katt Monroe".
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
RE: [Star Fox Mafia] Sign-up thread - ver. 11.1, approx. 315 KB
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 03:12:44 PM »
I'm so in (as always).
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:[Star Fox Mafia] Sign-up thread - ver. 11.1, approx. 315 KB
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 03:18:43 PM »

Originally posted by: wandering
Sure, I guess. What's that from?

I mashed bits of Imperator's storyline with some generic stuff and tried to make it fit.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 04:36:57 PM »
I'm in as a Bafomdad.

EDIT:  So, wandering's effed up calculator finally has a purpose.  Interesting.

Also, I still don't get the point of having the mafia members be listed at the beginning.  Doesn't it kind of take all the fun out of it for them (especially for everyone but the current Godfather)?  They don't get to vote, so they just sit there and taunt people and agree on who to kill everynight.  It seems like it would get boring for them.

Also, what's up with the innocents who are protecting the mafia?  Do they know they're protecting them?  Do they have to vote as the mafia members want them to, or are they free to vote how they want?  Do they know of the other innocents who are also protecting mafia members?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 05:51:07 PM »
in
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 07:48:11 PM »
I'm game
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 08:03:02 PM »
in and general scales
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 04:34:39 AM »

I mashed bits of Imperator's storyline with some generic stuff and tried to make it fit.

ah.

EDIT: So, wandering's effed up calculator finally has a purpose. Interesting.

Not its intended purpose, but it's nice to get some use out of the thing.

Also, I still don't get the point of having the mafia members be listed at the beginning. Doesn't it kind of take all the fun out of it for them (especially for everyone but the current Godfather)? They don't get to vote, so they just sit there and taunt people and agree on who to kill everynight. It seems like it would get boring for them.

Maybe. I think it could be alot of fun, but they might find it boring. We'll just have to wait and see.

Also, what's up with the innocents who are protecting the mafia? Do they know they're protecting them? Do they have to vote as the mafia members want them to, or are they free to vote how they want? Do they know of the other innocents who are also protecting mafia members?

The traitors (I wouldn't really call them innocent) function almost exactly like a normal mafia team. They know who all the traitors are, and also who they're protecting. They can vote however they want.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006, 05:04:52 AM »
This is going to be the oddest version of Mafia yet.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006, 05:40:19 AM »
I'm back after a two week absence! And just in time. Man, hosting that mafia game was a lot of work. I've been busy catching up in things ever since. But, now I'm caught up and get fall behind again with another mafia game. Awesome. Well, Vudu should be happy. Aside from the way the mafia works, this is about as straight up and simple a mafia game as you can get. Maybe Kairon will even join this round. Who knows? I don't know if Kairon was following the last game much or not but that was my recommendation.

Now let me see.... who to choose..... hmmmm.

I think I'll take Falco .... oh wait, he's been chosen already.

Well, in that case... I guess.... I'll take...... Nope, that won't do. I just said he was taken.

Well, maybe then.... I'll take... ummmmm... Oh, that's it! Oh, no, wait. I keep forgetting he's taken.

I might as well take General Pepper. Not sure if I can do that or not but he would fit in so well with my avatar theme of people saluting. Just look at the evidence:

Yes. It's just the natural progression of things.

Of course, if you need General Pepper for story purposes, just give me Dash Bowman. I can make some 2001 jokes maybe. (Probably not.)
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2006, 06:55:56 AM »
My participation in these things should be a given by now.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2006, 08:11:02 AM »
I'm new to these boards, but I've been watching these game-threads for awhile now.  My friend Decoyman pointed them out to me.  Mind if I join in as Bill Grey?  
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2006, 09:18:47 AM »
You may be new to the boards, but you're not new the site. In fact, I think it was you who introduced me to PlanetGameCube back in like... 2001? Whoa.

Anyways, welcome aboard, Drew. I'll be joining too, as... TBD for now. I still need to decide.

EDIT: (does his best penguin) You didn't see anything, vudu...  
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2006, 09:29:49 AM »
If you still need to decide then it's TBD.  Just an FYI.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006, 09:33:53 AM »
Quick question - it says at the beginning that we will be playing over the weekend.  Later in the rules, it says that you don't need to vote on the weekends.  

So which is it?  If it's a weekend game, I might have to back out.  I'll be gone on weekends most of November.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2006, 12:36:05 PM »
Hey Drew, new players are always welcome (unless they're dupe accounts.) In answer to your question, we will be playing through the weekend, but participation won't be mandatory. I'd rather we didn't have to play over the weekend, but we're already risking running into the Wii launch as it is.

...Though actually, if we started the game this Thursday, taking a break over the weekend would be doable. So, if people would prefer that....

I might as well take General Pepper. Not sure if I can do that or not [...]

General Pepper's fine. In fact, ANY character that isn't explicitly mentioned in the second post is fine. Krystal, Peppy, Andrew Oinkwhatever, they're all game.

BTW, TVMan and 18days: I need to know what characters you're planning on playing as.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 01:32:25 PM »
Ummm, can you pick one for me?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2006, 02:03:30 PM »
Okey dokey (I'll do it after everyone else has picked what they want.)