Author Topic: Mafio - GX: Day 5. Lightning.  (Read 6638 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafio - GX: Day 5. Lightning.
« on: October 09, 2006, 08:52:59 PM »
Aeropolis is a magnificant place. The entire world is run by an incredible A.I. called Mother Q. Mother Q makes sure to look after the well-being of its citizens. This caring quality also extends to the F-Zero racers. For some reason, the Mother Q seems to think that since the racers are on its planet, they are part of the citizens that it lookes after. So, when Leon aka Infernal Monkey began to get a harsh beat-down by the other racers, Mother Q started forming a new track just for Leon to protect him from the other racers. The other racers were upset at this interference. How could they act on their suspicions if Mother Q was going to interfere and protect the racers?

Then, James McCloud had a moment of clarity. For once, all his brain cells clicked. He remembered that his racer was actually a converted fighter plane. He also remembered his vow at Big Blue. Acting quickly, James began reactivating dormant flight boosters. Powering these up, James kept blasting himself faster and faster. Soon, his craft was flying a bit off the ground. He made sure not to go to high or be disqualified. Then, he began activating his missiles and lasers. On the last lap, as he was coming to the finish line, James saw the Mother Q computer ahead. He began blasting it furiously with all the firepower he had. The Mother Q erupted into a ball of flames as James passed the finish line first. With multiple systems failing, the Mother Q was no longer able to handle multiple functions as it began working on fixing itself. As such, the special track that was made for Leon suddenly ceased from existing and down Leon fell until crashing onto the surface below and exploding in a ball of flame. The other racers quickly ran to Leon's locker and pried it open. Looking through the contents, they discovered that Leon was a mafia spy for the Legends Mafia. The racers were overjoyed. More success against the Legends Mafia. They were also happy at James McCloud's great exploits.

However, the citizens of Aeropolis were not so happy at what had happened. Mother Q began shutting down and with it, all the buildings and systems that it had created and controlled. The world was rapidly deteriorating and fast becoming primitive. James McCloud was a hunted man by the people of Aeropolis. So, James McCloud had blasted off in his ship to a nearby planet he could hide out on. He had a base of operations hidden on it and it was to this place he went. James reflected on what had happened. He had enjoyed coming in first at the time. But looking back now, he realized that what he had really enjoyed was the destruction and explosion that had occured. He had tried to convice himself that winning the F-Zero racers was what he wanted but he knew it wasn't true. What he really wanted was to get off this strange parallel reality. He belonged in a place called the Lylat system fighting an evil called Andross. He had tried for years to escape this reality but couldn't. Finally, his thoughts turned to death. He was ready to die. But, first, he thought, maybe I should give this F-Zero thing a chance. Maybe it can replace my desire to save a galaxy singlehandedly while destroying multiple swarms of enemies. But the race did not replace that desire. Instead, it just made him crave death even more. He also began to hate the racers who drove in the F-Zero tournaments. He slowly began to put into action a way to kill not only himself but all the racers who participated in this organization. He would destroy this galaxy's biggest event just as the galaxy had destroyed his life.

And so, James McCloud aka Wandering became the Suicide Bomber. He decided to blow everything associated with this race up. He had a moment of remorse at Big Blue but put those thoughts aside. He began working on his third timebomb that he was going to plant when he realized that he was not alone. Another racer was in his lab. "What are you doing here?" James asked. "How did you find me?" "I followed you over here," replied the racer, "Interesting hobby you have going on here." James realized the intruder could see all his plans and explosives and equipment lying around the shop. He'd have to kill the intruder. James reached under a table and pressed a self-detonating switch. Nothing happened. "Trying to blow us up?" asked the intruder, "I took care to dismantle your your bombs before showing myself." Well, there was only one way to settle this now, thought James. Brute Force. He began flexing his muscles and the strain tore the shirt he was wearing to pieces. The sight caused the intruder to vomit. James ran towards the racer but slipped on the vomit and cracked his head on the metal casings for his bombs. James was dead. "Not my best work but it will do, thought the killer. The intruder began searching through James records. Not only was James the suicide bomber but he was also the corrupted townie of the MaxVelocity Mafia. The killer then set up the timebomb James had been working on. He left the lab and a short time later the timebomb blew up, thereby removing any trace he had visited.

Meanwhile, word had spread among the racers that there was someone blackmailing a member of the Legends Mafia. Basically, the racers had a mole for them in the mafia. Now this mole was reporting that it was the only one left of the mafia. So, the townies effectively had a townie mafia working for them. Although this was cause for more celebrations, they were still cautious. After all, this mole was only working for them since it was being blackmailed. What would happen if the blackmail stopped they wondered? At least it slowed down the MaxVelocity Mafia. The racers began talking about how they now had the power of a mafia. If they knew who all the normal racers were, they would then know who the mafia members were by process of elimination. John Tanaka aka CouchMonkey felt he had a good headstart. "I can trust my Jody Summer," he said. Word got around of this claim. Some time after, John recieved a note from Jody asking to meet him and discuss "aligning" themselves together. Finally, thought John, she's noticed me. I knew with Captain Falcon out of the picture she'd come around. John went to the dark alley that Jody had asked to meet him in. I guess she wants it dark to be romantic, he thought. Coming up behind "Jody", John grabbed her in a hug and squeezed. The next thing he knew, his arms were wet because two water ballons had just burst. "You're not Jody," gasped John in surprise. "No, I'm not," said the person pretending to be Jody. The person took off the mask they were wearing. "I'm the Legends Mafia. I don't know if you're MaxVelocity or not but I'm about to find out," said the mole. Then he took out a gun and shot John. Rooting through John's wallet produced a ton of photo's taken by John of Jody Summer. Pictures of her racing, shopping, talking to people, getting dressed and even going to the bathroom. John was most likely a stalker but he was also just a regular racer or townie. After word of the hit spread, talk soon went from who the townie mafia should hit to should the townie mafia hit.

The racers prepared for their next race. People began protesting that the race should not be held. After waht happened at Areopolois and Big Blue, planet officails began worrying that the damage may affect their world instead of just the racers. But with the bomb sabatage situation seeming to be under control, the chance of disaster seemed less likely. But what officials didn't know was that their was still one timebomb ticking away. Waiting for the moment to go off at any time. Would the time be now? As the storm raged in Lightning's sky, racers couldn't help but wonder if today would be a day of reckoning.      
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
RE:Mafio - GX: Day 5. Lightning.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 08:54:27 PM »
Game on.

OK. Short story facts.

Dead people:
Infernal Monkey - Legends Mafia Spy
Wandering - Suicide Bomber, MaxVelocity Corrupted Townie
CouchMonkey - townie

I believe we are at 17 people, so we are half done. One mafia is pretty much destroyed while the other is doing pretty well. So, will you be able to defeat the second mafia on this half or will it defeat you?

Today is a MaxVelocity action day, so they have a chance to increase their power. The day will end at Midnight Eastern. I'm back and ready to take your questions and complaints.

These people need to vote today or will die:

Athrun Zala
Mantidor
Mystic Gohan
NuclearSpeed
Svevan

One final note I can think of: Since the Legends Mafia is down to just the mole, there will be no more packages from that mafia.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 11:03:27 PM »
A much better day for the townies. And a relief to see the bomber finally found and done with.

VOTE DECOYMAN

Grab a pitchfork or torch and your best slogans. Mine are currently "IF IT AIN'T WHITE, IT AIN'T RIGHT" and "DEATH TO ALL WHO DRAW MOHAMMAD IN COMICAL SITUATIONS"
We meet at the clock tower at midnight. BYO alcohol.  

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Mafio - GX: Day 5. Lightning.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 03:50:32 AM »
/sigh

Vote DecoyMan
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 06:27:17 AM »
This calls for bullet-points!

• INTRIGUE!!! And yes, a good day for the townies; nice job killer.
• Whatev, Pale.
• I'm reserving my vote till later.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Mafio - GX: Day 6. Lightning.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 06:53:31 AM »
Pico is awake from his hibernation. Pico wants to race. Pico Vote DecoyMan

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 07:17:41 AM »
It would be utterly idiotic to vote for me.

Let's find someone else we can take out together, eh?
Twitter

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 08:42:39 AM »
interesting night..... good outcome in general....

VOTE DEG* for hating Gundam! >=U

*placeholder, subject to change without notice
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 08:53:57 AM »
VOTE DEATHBORN for standing in my way.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 09:17:25 AM »
This feels a lot like last game, vudu. You were totally convinced I should be taken out, and led your team astray. Let me make this clear: ANYONE WHO IS PRO-TOWNIE WOULD BE A FOOL TO VOTE FOR ME.

Hmm... could I have struck a nerve with my vote for you yesterday? Fine, I'll do it again. VOTE VUDU

And to all in the "Townie Alliance" – are you absolutely sure that you can trust the people you're associated with???
Twitter

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 09:35:11 AM »
Blood Falcon does not need a "Townie Alliance".  All Blood Falcon needs is the death of the one known as Deathborn.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 10:46:18 AM »
Vote Mantidor

(Placeholder, as for now.)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 10:57:57 AM »
Edit: Unvoting Mystic. New information, possibly.

Vote Decoyman
"wow."

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
RE:Mafio - GX: Day 6. Lightning.
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 12:24:52 PM »
new information revealed!!!

vote changed to decoyman
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 03:40:03 PM »
Vote decoyman
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 03:41:50 PM »
Vote tally time:

Decoyman- 7
Mantidor - 1
Vudu - 1
Deg - 1

As of now looks like Decoyman is going to die.  Theres a timebomb still out so I'll stay where I'm at.  
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 04:03:39 PM »
Heh, I know my Laundry Idea would pay off! VOTE: DECOYMAN
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 04:42:28 PM »
VOTE Deg your taste in movies is atrocious
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006, 05:13:47 PM »
Vote Svevan

Robert Altman can go to hell.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006, 05:41:39 PM »
vote decoyman
however...if he wants his vote retracted...I would like to see his joining mafia message
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2006, 06:07:27 PM »
with the long weekend turing my senile mind into mush I will

Vote Deg

however this can be changed

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2006, 06:37:16 PM »
Vote Ceric! for being mean
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2006, 07:03:53 PM »
DEATHBORN MAY HAVE THE MOST VOTES, BUT HE MIGHT HAVE A SMALL TRICK UP HIS SLEEVE. NEVER FORGET THIS FACE, PUNY WEAKLINGS, OR THESE EYEBALL-LOOKING ORBS WHICH HANG FROM MY ARMPITS, OR MY EXPOSED BRAIN WHICH PULSATES AND THROBS WITH THE LAST BREATHS I WILL TAKE. NEVER FORGET, FOR THESE SIGHTS WILL HAUNT YOU ALL AFTER THIS DAY! WHEN YOU GO TO SLEEPY DREAM LAND, MAKE SURE YOU LOOK UNDER YOUR BED, AND IN YOUR CLOSET, BECAUSE THE FIRST TIME YOU DON'T, YOU CAN BET I'LL BE THERE, A GHOSTLY FIGURE WITH ONE THING IN MIND:

YOUR DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmm......
Twitter

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2006, 07:06:03 PM »
Interesting announcement. One can't help but wonder if there is a timebomb on Decoyman. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I guess with the bomber dead, people feel it's safe to bandwagon. Oh, and yes, this day is done.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2006, 09:42:44 PM »
decoyman - the townies are aware that there is an additional bomb from the suicide bomber in play. But we don't think you're wearing it - after all, you shouldn't know either unless wandering told you. We're happy to take that risk at the moment and call your bluff. See you tomorrow (not really).