Author Topic: Day 3: Big Blue.  (Read 16001 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Day 3: Big Blue.
« on: October 03, 2006, 09:24:09 PM »
The racers were making sure they fought hard this time. They knew they had to make up for yesterday. As such, it was the heaviest hitting race ever seen. Fans watched in awe over the destruction of the race cars. As the day wore on, it became apperant that two people were taking the most abuse. One such racer was Lily Flyer. The other was Clinton "Mighty" Gazelle aka Sir_Stabbalot. Although leading in damage for most of the race, Lily Flyer suddenly seemed to catch up as most abused. The outcome seemed in doubt until the twins, Gomar & Shioh, rammed Mighty Gazelle one last time.

Gazelle's racer spun wildly off the course, flipping through the air. Mighty Gazelle was thrown out of his racer far ahead onto the ground. He got up with only a slight bend in one leg. "Fools!" He yelled. "I am a cyborg! I am undestructable! I am Invinca---!" His words were cut short as his racing machine fell on top of him. It crushed him and sent peicies of him flying all over the ground. Lying there, with no legs and one arm, his racer burning atop of him and his torso slowly melting from the heat, Mighty Gazelle was still able to control his voice box and shout defiantly to the other racers. "Where do you think you're going? It's only a flesh wound. Come back here, you ---!" Again, Gazelle's speech was cut short as a giant sandshark came up from the ground and ate Gazelle and his racer. It would later choke from this decision and Gazelle would remain under the Sand Ocean's earth, slowly rusting away into oblivion.

After the race, everyone went to Gazelle's room at the Sand Ocean hotel. Searching through the room, they came upon a some mind control chips as well as some top secret documents. Reading through the documents, Beastman made an important discovery. "Mighty Gazelle was the mafia propagandist for the Legends mafia! He's been mind controlling Captain Falcon!"
"Hurry, we must save Captain Falcon," Jody Summer cried. "Yeah, sure, whatever" mumbled Black Shadow, Blood Falcon, Pico, Samurai
Goroh, Deathborn, Antonio Guster and a bunch of others, who proceeded to loiter in the room. But as it turned out, their efforts were too late.

Captain Falcon aka MattVDB was fixing his machine after another victory. "Man, that Blood Falcon is getting on my nerves," he muttered, fixing a dent caused by the Blood Falcon. Then he saw a reflection on the surface of his craft. Someone was sneaking up behind him. Captain Falcon wheeled around. "Who's there?" he yelled. "I am a bounty hunter much like yourself." "Show me your moves!" challenged Falcon. "You asked for it," replied the assailant. He brought a lead pipe down on Falcon's helmet, bashing it in. "Woah. Kind of dizzy there," Falcon said dazed. "Better unleash the big guns. Falcon Punch!" And with all his strength, he punched the assailant out of the room. "Need to sit down. Feel...I feel like I...need to buy something broken. Or..or take a dump," stuttered Falcon. But then another figure emerged from the shadows. "Who are you?" asked Falcon. "I'm your killer," came the answer. "Let's settle this at the next race," said Falcon, "Not like this. This is the coward's way." "I don't care," came the answer. Later, when the rest of the racers came to see Captain Falcon, they found him dead. Half the crowd cheered. Now they wouldn't have to worry about beating him anymore. "Let's llok through his belongings," cried Blood Falcon. "Good idea...son," replied Black Shadow. "Don't call me that ever again. I hate you, DAD!" responded Blood Falcon, who ran off crying. "Aww nuts. Hey son! Don't do this. Hey! Wait up," yelled Black Shadow running after Falcon. During all this commotion, Antonio Guster grapped a pile of papers from the Blue Falcon's cockpit. Going through them, he learned that Captain Falcon had become a corrupted townie, serving the Legends Mafia. He also found love letters to James McCloud. Man, I am so sick of learning about his love life, thought Antonio. Still, he best get rid of them.

So, Antonio went over to James. "Here. I have some love letters from your girlfriend," he said, tossing over the letters. James looked at them. "He's not my girlfriend! And I have a wife!" said James, defending himself. "Then how come none of us have seen her?" asked Antonio, "As far as I'm concerned, your "wife" is just something you made up to keep people from knowing what your really up doing or thinking." "Well, at least my wife doesn't have a mohawk," retorted James, "and her name isn't Antonio Guster aka KnowNothing!" "How did you know? I hate you!" yelled Antonio, running away from James. But as Antonio ran across the scorched desert, he ran into a MaxVelocity trap! MaxVelocity wanted the papers Antonio had on Captain Falcon's mind control, hoping it would give them clues to the identities of the other Legends Mafia members. And so Antonio ran right into a minefield and was blown to bits. The papers he had were scattered everywhere in the air. The noise of the explosion brought many racers to the scene. "Drat!" thought the MaxVelocity hitman, "Next time, I must kill my victim more quietly." The hitman ran over to Antonio's room at the hotel and searched through it. But there was nothing to be found there. It seemed Antonio was just a regular racer or townie who got mixed up in this crazy business.

By now, security forces were all over these races. Racers were sequestered to prevent anymore deaths. The news of Captain Falcon's demise shook the F-Zero racer world. Many fans blamed different racers for the disaster that had befallen the beloved race. Race officials felt it clear that the racers were trying to harm one another intentionally. They felt the great prize that was being offered the winner might have something to do with it. So, they warned the racers that anymore deaths would result in it being substantially lowered. But none of the racers said why they must keep hunting fellow racers. And so the race continued.

Meanwhile, Octoman aka Garnee was sitting bored by his racer. I don't like this killing, he thought. I just want to race and dance. This bores me. Plus, I hate every other racer. I'm playing for my kid's education but the other racers won't let me win. They think I should have to actually compete. Forget that and forget my kids. I'm going on an adventure with this magic bean. He ate the magic bean. Next thing he knew, he was piloting a ship fighting off Star Fox and his team. But then his ship was blown up and the explosion opened another rift between time and reality and he found himself being lifted up in a net off the oean floor. Soon, he was cooked and fried and served for eating at Red Lobster. MMM, that's good calamari. Octoman may have just been a regular racer or townie but he was a dumb one.

The Lane Corporation
The Time Lab

"Are you writing this information down?" asked the head.

"Yes, sir. Falcon mind-controlled. Mighty Gazelle is Legends Mafia."

"Good good. We need to know who the culprits are so we can send out a timeforce task team and prevent this disaster from happening. Someone start doing some background checks on who this killer might be." ordered the head.

QQQ: "It gets worse. Appearently, there was someone who snapped and just wanted to blow the rest of the racers up. He even planted a timebomb on one of them."

Everyone in the lab stopped for a moment in amazement.

"My god. Can't we get this thing to speak faster! We have to learn these developments faster!"

"We're trying sir."

QQQ: "If you thought that day was crazy, things got even worse at the Big Blue circuit. It turns out a couple racers learned the identity of a mafia member and blackmailed them. This caused each mafia to develop a mole within their organization."

"Wow," said the head.    
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Day 3: Big Blue.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »
Um, so who is dead now? Garnee and Stabby? ...I could probably understand this if I knew who any of these F-Zero characters were.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
RE:Day 3: Big Blue.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 09:34:32 PM »
Ok. Another long story. Sorry Vudu. But a quick recap if you want to skip the story.

Dead:
Stabby - Legends Mafia propagandist
MattVDB - Corrupted townie of the Legends Mafia.
KnowsNothing - townie
Garnee - townie (didn't vote within two days.)

The following need to vote today to avoid ending up like Garnee:

Athrun Zala
Infernal Monkey
ThePerm

I'll be sending out the mole and blackmailer roles in the morning. I'll also give a quick recap on what those roles are like in this space because I know there will be questions again. But I need to get to bed know. Voting ends early. 11:30 pm Eastern. I'd also prefer all actions as early as possible. I don't want a late night tomorrow.

The blackmailer.

I decided to simplfy the role. The blackmailer is a title only. It was given only to townies. Anyone with a role was not eligable to be a blackmailer. There is one blackmailer for the Legends mafia and one blackmailer for the MaxVelocity mafia. The blackmailer has no knowledge other than the fact that he's a blackmailer. I felt it better to limit the information available to people again. As long as the blackmailer is alive, the mole exists. If the blackmailer is killed, the mole has a choice of whether he wants to go back to a mafia win or stay a mole and win with the townies.

As for the Mole role, it stays the same as described in the Sign-up thread. Good day.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 09:50:34 PM »
Blackfootsteps, can we salvage this multiple car pileup? Working as a team? Can we? Can we?

Vote Khush LOLORZ

I know a role...  Wait. Maybe.

I suspect a role...

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 09:52:57 PM »
Wait, so let me try to get this straight:
Garnee didn't vote in 2 days, Knowsnothing was a mafia hit, Stabby was voted off... and MattVDB was targeted by not only the bounty hunter, but the killer as well??

Crazy night indeed
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 10:02:36 PM »
Yes, a multi car pile up is inconsequential to the Skull. The only thing that can hurt him is sticks and stones.

“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 11:42:02 PM »
Live roles

Legends Mafia

Godfather
Spy
Recruiter
Propagandist- Stabby-dead
Corrupted Townie- MattVD-dead
Doctor - Zach---dead

MaxVelocity Mafia

Godfather
Spy
Recruiter
Doctor
Propagandist
Corrupted Townie

Townies

Doctor
Cop
Townie Idiot
The Magician
The Librarian
The Drifter
The Bounty Hunter
Smoke39 - Townie-dead
Spak-Spang - Townie-dead
18 Days - Townie-dead
KnowsNothing - townie dead
Garnee-Townie-Dead

Non-Townies
The Suicide Bomber
The Killer

whose left
Athrun Zala - Roger Buster
BigJim - Draq
Bill - Lily Flyer
Blackfootsteps - The Skull
Ceric - PJ
Couchmonkey - John Tanaka
Crimm - Bio Rex
Dasmos - Dr Robert Stewert
Decoyman - Deathborn
Deguello - Samurai Goroh
----------------------------------
Infernal Monkey - Leon
------------------------------------
Mantidor - Gomar & Shioh
Mario - Super Arrow
MaryJane - Dr. Clash
-----------------------------
Mystic Gohan - Princia
NuclearSpeed - Silver Neelson
Nyladrin - Beastman
Pale - Mr. EAD
Shift Key - Jody Summer
Shyguy - Pico
Sir_Stabbalot - Mighty Gazelle
Stevey - Black Shadow
----------------------------------
Svevan - Jack Levin
TVMan - Micheal Chain
Vudu - Blood Falcon
Wandering - James McCloud
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 11:43:22 PM »
vote infernal monkey unvoted!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 02:47:39 AM »
Leon is not interested in becoming Mayor! Vote Perm, he's the man for the job!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 03:20:32 AM »
Sounds like you two need to have a POKEMON BATTLE! =O
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 03:42:17 AM »
Hrmm.  I don't know who to vote for.

It sucks that Matt got killed on the same day he may have become a townie again.  I guess we'll never know.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 03:50:44 AM »
Why does Garnee even sign up?

VOTE CRIMM
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 04:09:07 AM »
Perm seemed suspicious on dat 1.  I'll go with that for now.

Vote Perm
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 04:10:42 AM »
HAHAHA!  My Arch Nemesis--Captain Falcon--has died.  No one will be able to stop me in my quest for glory.

I'm just a little miffed that some punk got lucky and took him out before I could.  But that will not stop me from taking over the world!

Originally posted by: vudu

Originally posted by: Garnee

as Octoman!
OH NO YOU DON'T!

You can't play. Not after the last few games. There's a No Garnee rule in effect.
I told you Garnee couldn't play, but you insisted.  Now look what happened.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 04:42:07 AM »
Vote changed. See end of thread.  

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 04:46:54 AM »
nothing to see here

“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 04:57:27 AM »
So did Falcon cheat just to give us information on who corrupted him?  What a trooper!

Edit: changed my mind, Unvote Bill because I think he just craves attention.  I'll decide later.

Double-Edit: Man this game is confusing!  The huge list of pilots really gives it that authentic "F-Zero" feel.  CHAOS.  I need to clear my head.  *Goes to tune up the Wonder Wasp*.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 06:33:40 AM »
So boys and girls, it looks like we have lots and lots of Mafioso to kill. Max Velocity is teh sneaky. Anyone got a line on them? tell me quick!

I am Pico and I am green.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 06:35:12 AM »
oO
interesting outcome.....

oh well, just placeholder, UNVOTE BILL
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 08:30:42 AM »
I need the following players to PM with their roles plz k thx.

Stevey
Infernal
Crimm
Wandering
Pale
Bill (If you don't help me I will vote for you!1!)

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 09:22:04 AM »
I went to Cyber Wendy's for lunch, it's my special little treat to cure the Wednesday hump day blues!  Then I saw that Jody was voting for ThePerm... what's good for the goose is good for the gander, my grandma always said, so I decided to unvote Perm as well.  J-Love-1 disagreed with this voting strategy, but I say he's just bitter because I wouldn't share my Frosty with him.  Silly robot, Frosties are for humans!  

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 09:23:52 AM »
Hey Crimm, I heard you kill people for fun. Let me know where you stand on dead Mafia.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 09:59:36 AM »
i'll take back my infernal vote if you take back my vote, in fact i'll vote for whoever Infernal wants me to vote for, for 2 more days

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 10:12:48 AM »
Why should I trust Infernal?  What if you two are in the same mafia, starting some shenanigans?  Heck, what if you're a townie, but he's in the mafia?  That's no good, either!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 10:34:51 AM »
Sounds like perm has been corrupted by Infernal the Propagandist!