Author Topic: To those who haven't signed up for mafia x yet or are on the fence.  (Read 4726 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
See what the critics have to say about mafia X!

Vudu wrote:

You wrote a book and I don't have time to read it at the moment--when's the game start?

and

Whoops! I didn't even read the rules. I got it confused with Wandering's mafia.

Windyman wrote:

No offense, but you may have gone overboard in setting the game up. Maybe. FYI, I have an idea for Mafia XI that would make for an interesting game.

Kairon wrote:

this Mafia game just looks waaaay too hardcore for me.

and

I sang a song once.

Icecold had this to say:

I don't think I'll be able to make this one

Knowsnothing responded:

I have too much going on to participate

TheYoungerPlumber felt:

I'll think about it

Ian Sane said the following:

I'm happy that you want me to play but I don't think I have time to participate in it. I think if I was involved with a forum game it would be another distraction from work. Thanks very much for wanting to include me though. I do appreciate that.

That doesn't sound right. Hmm. Oh, part of his review said:

I'm a computer all day and it's boring

Yeah, that'll do.

Pryopizm the mighty was quoted as saying:

Nothing against you, Khush, but I'm going to sit this one out. I'll be back by the next game.

To which Mario responded by saying:

best mafia yet

Sharing similar sentiments was Decoyman, saying:

I can already tell it'll be a good one.

But perhaps the biggest testominal comes from Unclebob, Blacknmild2k1, Requiem, and please let me in, please who all said the following about joining this game:

So there you have it. How can you resist now? Don't miss out on the extravaganza that is the 10th edition of Mafia. You will say "wow"!

What can I say? I'm just excited.  

EDIT: MattVDB, Mantidor Jonnyboy117 and S-U-P-E-R have now said something about joining the game.  
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: To those who haven't signed up for mafia x yet or are on the fence.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 03:21:38 PM »
Jonnyboy's mean.  His avatar is too big, too.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 03:27:14 PM »
And this is why I won't be sending out invitations for my next game.

Well. Maybe I'll send a couple.

(that's right. I'm planning on going ahead with Star Fox mafia. I'll ignore vudu's objections like I ignored his pleas that he was a townie.)
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:To those who haven't signed up for mafia x yet or are on the fence.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 05:10:33 PM »

Originally posted by: Khushrenada
Kairon wrote:

I sang a song once.

*clears throat*

Ahem...

I'm inn-o-ceeeent.

In, in, Innoceeeeent!

I'm Innoceeeeent.

in, IN, Innocent!

I'm innocent...woooooh...

Iiiii'mmm iiiiiinn... no00000.... ceeeeent!

*bows*

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 08:59:56 PM »

And this is why I won't be sending out invitations for my next game.

C'mon now. You have to give some bonus points for actually having the guts to send an invite to Jonnyboy. Not to mention Ian Sane, who I really think would have liked to join. That's what killed me was the fact that he seemed on this bubble and intrigued just enough but he pulled back knowing the obsession the game can cause. And what's worse is I have to support his reasoning too. I had hoped please let me in, please would join. He showed up just last Sunday so I sent him a pm but he hasn't appeared since then.

The only thing I am saddened about was that I was really hoping we could get everyone who had played mafia before, whether regular or just a few editions here and there signed up. This is the 10th edition! Let's have a big party and celebrate it. Plus, it would make the victory that much sweeter. Unfortunately, it appears this will not happen now. Still, I hope. I hope. People say that they'd be too busy at the start of the game to play. Well, if there's a whole lot of people playing, then maybe you can just slide by a little bit at the start. I guess I should invite Bloodworth.

Also, like F-Zero, if we get to that number of players I'm looking for, (31), there will be a new role unlocked! Plus, this means it will be the biggest mafia ever. (Yes, I'm going to try to break Bill's record.) Best way to celebrate the our tenth edition!

There is also a slight problem. It appears I may be away from Oct. 6 - 8. It bugs me so much because for the longest time, everything was fine. My schedule was clear. And now, I've had something sprung upon me that it doesn't appear I can get out of and I'll be out of town for a those days and probably won't have access to the internet, meaning the game would have to be paused for this time. So, would this pose a problem to anyone? I could probably do what Bill did and start a day and just leave it open over this time.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 09:05:16 PM »

C'mon now. You have to give some bonus points for actually having the guts to send an invite to Jonnyboy. Not to mention Ian Sane

*Bonus points awarded* I just can't stand rejection.

So, would this pose a problem to anyone?

After SUPER's game, breaks that are actually pre-scheduled would be like a godsend....
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 09:29:03 PM »

Originally posted by: Khushrenada
There is also a slight problem. It appears I may be away from Oct. 6 - 8. It bugs me so much because for the longest time, everything was fine. My schedule was clear. And now, I've had something sprung upon me that it doesn't appear I can get out of and I'll be out of town for a those days and probably won't have access to the internet, meaning the game would have to be paused for this time. So, would this pose a problem to anyone? I could probably do what Bill did and start a day and just leave it open over this time.

Oh noez!  Three whole days!  *devastation!*
GOREGASM!

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 10:12:36 PM »
Don't let windyman play

hurrrrrr

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 08:28:23 AM »
I wasn't going to

hurrrrrr
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 08:19:20 PM »
One more person and this will be the biggest mafia ever. But that doesn't mean that only more person is welcome. Everyone is still welcome. Don't miss out on the biggest mafia yet assembled.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 11:31:18 PM »
Khush really went all out.. I got a PM telling me every possible advantage of me joining this Mafia

But the answer is the same.. I'm quite busy and I won't be able to join this time (just like I skipped the last two or three). I really did want to be in it, though, especially with the F-Zero GX theme..

Sorry
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 06:31:56 AM »
I'm actually really looking forward to this one. I think in an msn coversation with Bill and Infernal before the game I suggested that this one had some "excellent rules" and endorsed the risky, creative new roles by saying that "Khush is very intelligent"
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 10:21:16 AM »
That's nice to hear. Tell me what you think of this role I discarded.

The politician.

The politician is not townie or mafia. He's by himself and he's seeking to get the most votes. Votes against him don't kill him though. They help him win the game. That's right. If the politician is voted out, the game is over becuase it means he got elected by the majority of voters. The only way to kill the politician. A mafia hit or killer hit. Otherwise, he's just annoying.

I decided against it in the end though becuase it would probably suck to have the game end after the first or second day. On the off chance he was elected. But it bummed me out because there really isn't a lot of other win conditions for different roles. Mainly, the killer and bomber are the only ones who have different win conditions.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 07:21:25 PM »
Woah that sounds excellent! Although it kinda needs something to stop an endgame. Maybe if elected, the politician learns everythhing or something.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 10:57:52 PM »
yeah, maybe another game. Or maybe someone else can make the role work.