Author Topic: Mafia IX Day 5: PRES BUTAN  (Read 8733 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Mafia IX Day 5: PRES BUTAN
« on: September 11, 2006, 05:07:00 AM »
Apparently the best way to earn the ire of the townies in Metro City is to be a Townie, because they keep dying. Wandering got the stuffing democratically beaten out of him like he was on the business end of a bonus stage. That's teamwork!

Meanwhile, Mad Gear pulled the plug on the potential last Skull Cross dude, 18 Days. As Dean, though, 18 Days had buddied up with Cody. Skull Cross is gone forever. Probably.

(Teh porblem is that u r ded lol)

Insert Quarter to Continue.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia IX Day 5: PRES BUTAN
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 07:12:55 AM »
I feel guilty now I killed Chuck Norris!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia IX Day 5: PRES BUTAN
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 09:08:49 AM »
For the love of God, why wouldn't anyone believe me when I said wandering was a townie?  Christ.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 09:11:41 AM »
...cause your Mafia?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 09:16:37 AM »
I hope the Barrel brings a certain Texas Ranger townie back soon.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 09:18:09 AM »
I hate you.  UNvote shyguy  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 09:34:08 AM »
Wait, since we are the same person does this mean I hate myself? Seriously, if you are a townie, how did you know Wandering was a townie? PM me or extrapolate in this thread.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 09:48:19 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Seriously, if you are a townie, how did you know Wandering was a townie? PM me or extrapolate in this thread.
See posts 26 and 27 in the Day Four thread.

Ty used the same verbiage ("Your mafia role is townie") in both our PMs (plus, he sent townies a PM, which most people don't do), so I felt confident that wandering was a townie.

That's why I've been asking all townies to PM me for the entire game?  Didn't you ever notice that?  Zach (Haggar) PM'd me, and after some confusion I was pretty sure that he was telling me the truth and that he was Haggar.  Then decoyman PM'd me.  He claimed to be a townie, but when I asked him what his PM from Ty said he said "Mafia role equals townie." so I thought he was lying.  I gave Zach the info I had and Zach went after him.  Unfortunately for all of us, decoyman turned out to be telling the truth.  I still don't know if Ty used different verbiage for decoyman (and it was just a coincidence that wandering and I were the same) or if decoyman didn't give me the exact phrasing Ty used because he wasn't sure if I was telling the truth or not.  (On a completely unrelated note, Pryo also PM'd me, but because he was claiming to be El Gado, I couldn't verify one way or the other if he was telling the truth.)

So that should bring you (and everyone else) up to speed.  I'm not going to say here whether any living townies have contacted me.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 10:01:40 AM »
I'm going to ask Guy/cop to go out on a limb here and let us know who he's investigated.  By now, four people have been investigated and (provided that majority of them are alive) you should have some pretty good information.  If you die before sharing your secret with us it will be all for naught.

If you don't like the idea of coming out and telling everyone who's who (and I don't blame you) I suggest you PM one of the "good guys" (Cody, Poison, Roxy) and give them the info so they can share it with everyone (this assumes you know of at least one "good guy").

If you don't, not all is lost.  If you know of any townies (even though they might be a mafia boss) you could PM one of them the info and ask him to post it.  If he doesn't post it that day, there's a good chance you accidentally contacted the mob boss.  In that case, you should post the info in the main thread before the day is over so everyone has it and you don't die without sharing it.  If you don't know of any townies, then just PM random people (like me).  

However, (and this goes without saying) if all you've investigated is people who have already turned up dead then keep your yap shut until you know more.  Also, you're the worst cop ever.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 11:30:21 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and UNvote mario.  He's part of the other townie alliance, which seems to be just a bunch of mafia members.  

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 11:39:19 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
I'm going to go out on a limb here and VOTE MARIO.  He's part of the other townie alliance, which seems to be just a bunch of mafia members.

Erm, but 18 Days was Dean and had joined Cody. Logic implies that probably two of the others are Cody and Two-P (Unless he joined Mafia). Maybe we're both alliances of townies, and the real Mafia members have been the people who haven't been posting?
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 11:47:46 AM »
You know what I think screws mafia more than anything else? the "casual" players get some of the key roles and they never post or communicate with other players.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 11:58:11 AM »

You know what I think screws mafia more than anything else? the "casual" players get some of the key roles and they never post or communicate with other players.
Amen. Where the Hell are Garnee, TVman, BFS, NuclearSpeed, and Rimmer?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 12:11:12 PM »

Originally posted by: Sir_Stabbalot
Erm, but 18 Days was Dean and had joined Cody. Logic implies that probably two of the others are Cody and Two-P (Unless he joined Mafia). Maybe we're both alliances of townies, and the real Mafia members have been the people who haven't been posting?
Hm, that's a really good point.  I somehow missed that 18 Days was Dean.  (Actually, I didn't; I just forgot who/what Dean and Cody were.  These roles are really confusing when they're only referred to by their names.)

Alright, let me rethink this and I'll get back to you.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 02:45:00 PM »

Originally posted by: vudu

Amen. Where the Hell are Garnee, TVman, BFS, NuclearSpeed, and Rimmer?

On the other side of the world and asleep when you guys are thrashing this all out. Seriously though start the bandwagon and I'll jump on board
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 02:57:17 PM »
I just checked and Garnee only posted once, on Day 3 and his highly insightful post went like this:

vote Ceric

No explination or any other words. I find that very suspicious. Haven't checked but I don't think Rimmer or NuclearSpeed posted either. I'd like to test my theory.

VOTE GARNEE
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 03:02:21 PM »
Using the cover of complete silence hey?

Vote Garnee
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 04:37:57 PM »
Hmm Garnee....

This is a trip, yo.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 04:52:12 PM »
I somehow don't think Ty would give an important role to Garnee or one of those other unreliable people.  (I guess I'm back on my non-random role assignment rant.)

UNvote infernal

EDIT:  Bah, I suck as this game.  VOTE GARNEE  I hope I'm not being used.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 04:56:25 PM »
I trust Infernal, I don't know about Garnee. Blackfootsteps is kinda suspicious too..

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 06:01:24 PM »
Hey, Vudu. School makes me sleepy.
But I'll just join your precious bandwagon.
VOTE GARNEE
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 07:09:38 PM »
since noone listened on friday I will try again today. but those who do have suspious of BFS have correct feelings. He is the Mad Gear Goon. Vote today for him and know it for sure tomorrow just like I do.

Vendetta Blackfootsteps

I pm'd poison on friday about this, I'll know go pm her dreamboat cody with who the whore is that loves him so.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 07:30:24 PM »
I Vote BlackFootSteps. How's this gonna go down to-night?!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 07:33:54 PM »
Vote blackfootsteps

Offline NotRimmer

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 07:41:52 PM »
I've posted three times, you clowns.  And don't worry; I don't have a particularly important role.

Anyway!  All the cool kids seem to be voting for Blackfootsteps.  Well, I won't let that stop me from voting Blackfootsteps too!
Hey guys what's going on in this forum?