Author Topic: Mafia V: Day Four  (Read 8032 times)

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Mafia V: Day Four
« on: June 04, 2006, 07:00:39 AM »
There were many good memories.  The townsfolk really hadn't done badly for themselves, despite the debacle of Uncle Bob's death.  But, they realized Vudu had been acting suspiciously with all his eye darting, finger pointing, and secret calls to the other Sonyfornian during breaks.  His time was through.

The young man slept soundly one night.  His night terrors were gone, but left his nightmares to haunt him while he was awake.  As he sat contemplating a bowl of Cookie Crisp the old farmer gave him, he mulled over the nightmare he had.  It was of one of the most terrifying things he'd witnessed.

Stevey had been a friend of his before the war.  But due to a detrimental Achille's tendon injury, Stevey was not drafted.  In fact, he'd gone on to marry his high school sweetheart, Bloodworth, but she left him to pursue a new career in Rio de Setembro a few months after the marriage.

He slogged his way through many jobs (Waffle House cook, hospital orderly, and WebTV salesman).  But his life was a shambles.  He was fired from every job he'd ever had.  And then the war heated.  People would see him in the street, living the life of a free man, and they throw rocks at him.  He knew the injury wasn't his fault, but he was forced to live in guilt.  He'd cry himself to sleep every night.

Such was the life of a Downtrodden Man.

And one day, he awoke, and decided that he'd do everyone a favor, but not without a little retribution.  He strapped himself up with C4 and stepped into a bank.

Strangely, he'd decided to go at around 930AM, when the bank was least busy and there was only one customer and the bank teller.  The teller, Mystic Gohan, and the customer BlacknMild were found along with what was left of Stevey by the manager.  The police were called in quickly and the men were identified.

Mystic Gohan, based on a tatoo on his left collarbone was found to be a Defender of the Keep.  An ancient order of men who worked for peace by defening others from attacks.  As of yet, they had been unsuccessful.

BlacknMild had been a successful Public Relations man by the nickname of Peter.

Another Citizen had been killed that night.  The Confederacy, after long deliberation, had finally decided to knock off TVMan.  He had apparently learned too much about their secrets, and they feared he may give away the information to the Sonyfornians.  Sadly, TVMan didn't actually know anything.  He was simply a mild-mannered car salesman.  The Confederacy, always up for innovation, killed TV man by following him home in go-karts.   MOTO cut in front of him and dropped a banana peel that caused TV Man to slide uncontrollably, immediately afterward he was struck by a freak bolt of lightning.  The henchman finished him off by blowing up his car with a red turtle shell.  

It was a gruesome sight and the visage haunted the young man through his days.

Vote Now;  TYP is immune from being voted off  
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Mafia V: Day Four
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 07:08:06 AM »
Man, I'm not sure what just happened but it's crazy!  I demand an update to the players list! =P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 07:09:26 AM »
What the hell?!  I mean, seriously.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia V: Day Four
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 09:00:42 AM »
DUDE!  That was ugly.  Half the game died yesterday.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 09:19:08 AM »
Who is continually making TYP immune? What is going on!
Regardless I'm kicking it off with a vote for Sir Stabbalot. I've suspected he's Mafia from the beginning. BnM made it fairly clear in yesterday's thread too.

Join the bandwagon, with Stevey gone, there is no fear of downtrodden men.

EDIT: Oh come on are you losers ever going to vote? I'm goin to bed.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 12:07:57 PM »
Would someone tell me what exactly just happened?
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 02:40:53 PM »
(un-voting 18 days)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 02:55:46 PM »
I'm going to VOTE CRASH for his suspiciousness with Zach on Day 1.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 04:59:11 PM »
I'm VOTING 18Days for voting for me!
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 05:01:16 PM »
I'm voting SUPER because I'm always suspicious of him and jealous of his internet charisma
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 05:05:01 PM »
I'm a proven winner this game

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 05:07:25 PM »
VOTE ICECOLD for coming up with a very elaborate story on day two to try and make me and Crash look like mafia. This story was overthought, and seemed pressured by IceCold.  The part about a conspiracy, and about me being mafia is false.  I dont know about crash though.  
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 05:44:47 PM »
Well, here's my post from Day Two. I agree that it may be overthought, but it was early in the game then and I was looking for anything. I still believe it's suspicious - read and decide.

Excerpts from Mafia: Day 1

Crash: For lack of any knowledge what so ever

Vote Zach

Zach: grr... D@mn the lateness of my name alphabetically. Vote Crash for being uninformed and simply voting for the last person on the list.

Crash: haha zach you got me nothing personal... just easy to copy and paste the last name
(...)
well, if anyone could tell me how to vote better on day 1 please let me know, but from what i can tell its all random.
-----

Suspicious, eh? It is my belief that Crash feigned naivete, and is actually part of the mafia with Zach. Using the guise of an innocent first-time player, they probably decided that he should vote for Zach, saying that his reason was that Zach was the last on the list alphabetically. The intent would be to make it seem like they are not related, and also paint a picture of Crash being an innocent bystander. Note the quote "for lack of any knowledge whatsoever"..

But what really makes me believe in this is Zach's response. How on earth would you be able to guess that someone voted for you since your name was last on the alphabetical list? And he made it seem like it was a fact that Crash was uninformed, saying, "Vote Crash for being uninformed and simply voting for the last person on the list." How would he know that Crash did that, and be able to say it like it was the definitive truth? Unless Crash had explicitly stated that he voted for Zach because [Zach] was the last name on the list, I would never have inferred what Zach did. That wouldn't have even crossed my mind if I were Zach.

Crash responded by saying that Zach got him, and it was easy to copy/paste the last name. But why would you copy the last name, and not the first?

This is by no means damning evidence, but by reading between the lines you will be able to infer what I did. There are just too many plotholes, and it seems forced. So..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 05:51:32 PM »
My reply from Day Two (where this story came from):

Wow, that is very far fetched. Thanks for the LOL though.

Now this is what happened, I saw Crash vote for me "For lack of any knowledge what so ever," and I tried to figure out why he voted for me over anyone else, and I saw two possible reasons.

1) He voted completely randomly, so it was just a coincidence (sp?)
2) The only reason I stand out over anyone else is because I am the last one on the list, so he picked me for that reason.

I assumed number 2, it was just a guess, but it was an informed guess, and I turned out to be right.

Interesting theory though, but I can assure you that there is no conspiracy here. I would imagine that if you dont believe me, you will vote for me after you vote for crash.

You IceCold seem awfully desparate to place blame without any good proof (I wonder why?)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 05:58:30 PM »
I agree with IceCold, their behaivour was suspicious. I think it was more because you didn't ask what the reason was, you "guessed" instead. You didn't ask "was it because my name was last on the list?", you instead said "damn, my name for being last on the list!" as if you already knew it was the case.

WOOH MY 1000th POST!
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 06:01:41 PM »
Weren't we convinced that Stabby was the remaining Sony yesterday?  What am I missing here?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 06:03:49 PM »
If there is a conspiracy here, it seems to be between IceCold and Dasmos.

Yeah it was a guess, and yeah I did say it like it was definate.  I thought that the most logical reason why he voted for me was because I was the last on the list (at that point, it was the only thing that set me apart from the others), so I ran with it.  I figured that if I was wrong, then crash would have corrected me and it wouldnt be a problem.  I didnt suspect that it would start silly conspiracy theories about us.  

Offline [CrAsH]SlAyA

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 06:27:36 PM »
Vote IceCold Because his conspiracy theory is pretty weak, and completely based on the 1st day.  

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 06:29:09 PM »
Changing vote to IceCold - he's either a townie or mob leader, and I'm willing to bet mob leader.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 06:43:05 PM »
Wow, really? I haven't even voted for anyone today - I just posted my conspiracy. As I said, it was probably overthought, and I posted it early in the game. I'm telling you, you'll regret this..  
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 06:44:38 PM »
Make sure to wave your fist when you say that

Offline [CrAsH]SlAyA

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 06:47:37 PM »
But the fact remains, this is the 2nd time you have reposted this, having mentioned it everyday.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2006, 06:49:38 PM »

Originally posted by: [CrAsH]SlAyA
But the fact remains, this is the 2nd time you have reposted this, having mentioned it everyday.

I was just gonna say something like that. It seems he keeps bringing it up as "proof" that he's not mob. Seems fishy enough to me Vote IceCold

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2006, 07:01:28 PM »
The Citizen, IceCold, has been chosen by the majority to suffer the death penalty.
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2006, 07:02:15 PM »
I don't read any posts longer than two sentences and that seems to be the winning strategy

Edit: sometimes