Author Topic: Mafia IV: Day Four  (Read 8607 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
Mafia IV: Day Four
« on: April 08, 2006, 02:41:40 AM »
By the light of the full moon, Iwamatsu practiced with his blade. He had time. There was no way the kings of both the vampires and the werewolves would learn his name and perform the ritual of ghost destruction on the same night.

Sir Stabby’s knighting ceremony had run late. As the newly-knighted townie walked home, it was far too dark for his taste. And to make matters worse, he was sure he could hear a second set of footsteps. But when he stopped, they stopped. And when he looked back… darkness.

…Just to be safe, he ducked into a dark alley.

…Only now, the echoing sound of footsteps was clearer than ever. Stabby stopped. They didn’t.

Click. Click. Click.

Stabby looked back. Nothing. The footsteps stopped. He drew a sigh of relief, and continued walking.

…Straight into the hooded, smiling figure of a vampire.

Oh.

“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia IV: Day Four
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 04:21:53 AM »
Enough is enough.... Un-Vote Pryopizm

EDIT ^

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 07:13:21 AM »
Got it now.  Mario and TYP are in the same mafia.  I can only vote for one at a time.  I implore whoever the vigilante is to kill off either one.

As for right now, I'll go for voting TYP he's the craftier dude.  

Also, reasoning:  The only thing Mario can say is that I started bandwagons on two townies.  Consider who the townies were that I picked.  I did NOT pick Toru, but I joined in the bandwagon.  I also said that if he' s a townie, then TYP is Mafia.  TYP, when he was the cop in the last game, was exceedingly hesitant about killing anyone off.  Now he's voting haphazardly.  If this isn't a sure sign that he's Mafia (or some other bad guy), I don't know what is.  

"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 07:25:10 AM »
I was careful, but not exactly good.  I labelled a townie a mafia in my death letter, Pryopizm.  Also, I had a special power and position (call teh copz) to keep safe.  I really don't follow why you think Mario and I are team mates.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 07:27:27 AM »
I'm not sure whether or not you and Mario are team mates, but I'm 99.5% sure that you are Mafia.  And if I can contribute one helping hand to the town, then your death is it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia IV: Day Four
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 09:00:09 AM »
Pryopizm: Out of curiosity, is TYP's posting history the only thing that makes you think he is mafia?

I haven't actaually voted for anyone yet, so my hands are clean of innocent blood. I would like to keep it that way.
I'm trying to avoid bandwagoning, and would like some sort of reassurance that I'm voting for someone EVIL!!!

Mario: I think I know why you are out for Pryopizm, he was responsible for starting the bandwagon that caused the death of two townies, and even though we know who those two townies were & why he wanted them dead, they are still just townies.  And what kind of "townie" is purposely out to kill townies?

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 09:01:15 AM »
I will vote for TYP I'm all about the bandwagons.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 09:06:32 AM »

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1
Pryopizm: Out of curiosity, is TYP's posting history the only thing that makes you think he is mafia?

It doesn't jive with his history in this game or the past game.  TYP is very calculating.  His votes, despite his reasonings, have been pretty haphazzard given his play style.  

If he doesn't get killed tonight by vote, I implore the vigilante to kill him tonight.

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 09:09:28 AM »
Looks like Pryo's intent on killing me, so I may as well vote Pryopizm.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 09:20:56 AM »
You know what? I'm tired of the crap. change my vote to Vote ShyGuy feel free to kill me.

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 09:24:47 AM »
Hey, wandering, are both the godfathers AND the pretender invisible to the Seer?  That's half the Mafia right there.  Whoever the Seer is.  Form an alliance, but DO NOT give away the names of the innocents you have collected.  Simply form coalition votes when you do find a Mafia member or Reinfeld.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 09:33:22 AM »

Hey, wandering, are both the godfathers AND the pretender invisible to the Seer?

More or less.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 09:34:30 AM »
ouch

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 10:23:16 AM »
TYP - I agree with Pryo..  
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2006, 12:17:11 PM »
I'm somewhat frustrated with the pressure i'm getting on both sides of this Pryo vs. Typ debate.  That said, I'm starting to wonder if maybe both are mafia, as they are trying so hard to keep a clean image...

I'd like to use my vote to point out something I thought was strange.  MaryJane called it a bandwagon when at the time the vote was tied 1 to 1 between TYP and Pryo...

VOTE: MARYJANE
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2006, 01:58:57 PM »
TYP helped me win last game, so I'll VVOTE PYRO this time.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2006, 03:17:19 PM »
Pale: You make an interesting point that I also noticed earlier. It was a 1 vs 1 vote and he jumped on the "bandwagon".  I thought that it was strange, but decided not to say anything, until you also pointed it out.

But Pryo also made a convincing argument about TYP, his posting history and erratic voting choices.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2006, 03:39:28 PM »
After reading this mess, I'm gonna vote TYP.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2006, 03:52:08 PM »
TVman, this game has nothing to do with last game, so it seems unnecessary to let loyalties carry over.  It could get you in trouble.

Votes seem to be tied right now (3-3) on the TYP/Pryo bandwagons.  They both seem equally suspicious to me, so I'm going to let things run their course.
Do they both die if the votes are tied?

Edit: Okay, blackfootsteps posted before I finished my post.  Balance is tipped toward TYP now.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2006, 04:22:09 PM »
VETO TYP

I MEAN VOTE TYP

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2006, 06:11:13 PM »

Originally posted by: Pryopizm
Got it now.  Mario and TYP are in the same mafia.  I can only vote for one at a time.  I implore whoever the vigilante is to kill off either one.

As for right now, I'll go for voting TYP he's the craftier dude.  

Also, reasoning:  The only thing Mario can say is that I started bandwagons on two townies.  Consider who the townies were that I picked.  I did NOT pick Toru, but I joined in the bandwagon.  I also said that if he' s a townie, then TYP is Mafia.  TYP, when he was the cop in the last game, was exceedingly hesitant about killing anyone off.  Now he's voting haphazardly.  If this isn't a sure sign that he's Mafia (or some other bad guy), I don't know what is.

It's just that you don't seem to care about who it is on the bandwagon, you'll just vote anybody regardless of their role it seems, it just reminded me of the mafia mentality of "anyone can die, as long as it isn't us". I suspected and questioned TYP was mafia on day 2, are you forgetting that? Or will any excuse do? I still think he may be mafia, and I wouldn't hesitate to vote for him either, but i'm not sure about you know. I can't decide if your post raised my suspicion or lowered it, this game is killing my head!

VOTE TYP

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2006, 06:28:13 PM »
WAkes up only to writh in pain, as I think to myself an overwhelming hunger came ove, so I went to the nearest microwave and heat up some left over Popeye's food left over from lastnight, I ponder my next move and think of what we should do you protect ourselves from Werewolves and Vampires.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2006, 06:39:16 PM »
I withdraw my suspicion on Mario.  I urge the vigilante to stay his hand unless he's in league with the seer and knows something.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2006, 06:58:37 PM »
Yeah, I don't really think there's enough against Mario.  I think Pryo might have been hasty to assume, and the vote change helped him realize how fast he was taking things.
I mean, be wary, but Mario might be an innocent, and five townies are already dead.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2006, 07:02:12 PM »
Indeed, but I'm confused
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res