Author Topic: Mafia II: Day Five  (Read 10261 times)

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Mafia II: Day Five
« on: February 23, 2006, 09:31:43 PM »
Deguello was out patrolling the streets.  He knew he was fortunate to find both Pale and Ice fighting against eachother.  Things were a little tougher this time around.  He had no leads and running around on his own wasn't doing much good.  Especially tonight.  Patrolling the alleys wasn't the safest job in the world.

"It's time we retired you, vigilante.  Too bad you only had one lucky shot."  A voice called from behind him.

Deg's body was found the next day split in two right at the stomache and hung high in a tree like Christmas ornaments.  His intestines wrapped around the tree like streamers.  A sign hung up with him, "HAPPY HOLIDAYS, KAPLAN MAFIA."

"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE: Mafia II: Day Five
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 09:43:26 PM »
VOTE VUDU
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia II: Day Five
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 12:05:36 AM »

Originally posted by: wandering on Fri February 24, 2006 @ 12:43 AM:
VOTE VUDU

Wandering.... no cheezerium story this time?
You seem a little quick on the vote this time, especially after accusing Deguello

Originally posted by: wandering yesterday directed towards Deguello:
Your vote seems suspiciously early and arbitrary.

Not trying to make accusations, just finding an interesting fact.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 12:17:03 AM »
Yes, but Deguello made his vote about 2 hours after the initial post. Whereas wandering voted 12 minutes after the initial post. wandering is far more suspicious..!
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 12:26:19 AM »
that was the purpose of my post

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 12:51:25 AM »
But you made no specific points. People need to know all the stats.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 01:17:53 AM »
I just find it funny that Wandering would accuse you of making a suspiciously quick post on one day and then make an even more suspiciously quick post the next.

Wandering always has a story to go with his first couple of post (cheezerium) and always comes across as "not trying to point the finger" at least right away.

This time though he is going straight for the jugular(first to post), like he is tryin to protect himself(minutes after day 5 started). I just find that a little wierd, its not like Wandering at all.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 03:27:28 AM »
Vudu sits and ponders why wandering wants him dead so badly.  Is it because he slept with his sister last year?  Is it because his wife left him for vudu the year before that?  Is it because vudu accidentally killed wandering's dog?  (Really, it was an accident.)  Or is it simply because wandering wants vudu's snackie cakes which are often rumored to have been left to him in vudu's will?

Then it hits him--of course!  Vudu is a silent partner in wandering's Cheezerium.  With vudu gone, wandering will have it all to himself.  Selfish bastard.  Vudu contemplates his next move.

-------------------------

I'll be the first to admit ... mistakes were made.  I thought Deg was mafia and it turns out his was the vigilante.  For that I apologize.  But you have to admit, even though the end result was wrong, my reasoning was top notch--Pryo gave the important positions in the game to his favorites.  I was mislead because I thought the position of vigilante was filled by someone else.  

Luckily, people changed their vote after I went to bed and Deg didn't die at my poor judgement.  Unluckily, the Godfather of the Kaplans killed him anyway.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 04:01:05 AM »
Now, if I'm correct,  (which I rarely am) there are four mafia members left and four townies left.

And assuming everyone votes, the four mafia will vote for a random townie and the four townies will (hopefully) vote for a random mafia - if we can figure out who's making sense here.

I'm sorry man, but I have to VOTE NOONE

Right now, at least.  Can I PM my vote in?  That way no one has to know that I don't know what I'm doing?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 05:29:51 AM »
Sorry Uncle Bob, can't PM your vote.  People gots ta know who it is you're voting for so they know whether or not to trust you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 05:32:48 AM »
Heck, at this point, I don't even trust myself!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 08:18:22 AM »
We need Captain Lavender.  Right Now.  We need him to bring back PALE as the Vigilante.  Then Pale could let one of us who is obviously a townie (should be easy) know a member of the Kaplan Mafia and we could get that person voted out (Pale would make the vote 5-4).  Secondly, before the mafia would kill Pale tonight, he, acting as the vigilante could kill one of the other members of the Kaplan Mafia - Thus bringing the Kaplan Mafia down to 1 and possibly brining the Reggie mafia down to 1 as well (assuming that either we vote out the rat or Pale kills him).  Obviously, Pale would be killed overnight, but his sacrifice would allow us to bring the voting down to 2 Mafia members (1 Kaplan and 1 or 2 Reggie) vs. 4 townies.  Plus, knowing who the mafia is would really help to see who's really who around here.

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 08:20:48 AM »
One new rule:  Whoever gets resurrected gets immunity for one day.  So no voting him off or killing him off for one night.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 08:29:33 AM »
Well, in that case, with my plan, one of the townies would be killed over night, still leaving the vote 2 mafia and 4 townies.  The next day, again, Pale could reveal the last of the Kaplan Krew and the four townies would kill him off.

Then, overnight, we'd all be wondering who the last Reggie Mafia member is as they strike out and kill a townie (it wouldn't really help the Reggie Mafia to kill off Pale, so he might live through the end afterall).  The next day, we'd all have a 1 in 2 chance of voting for the mafia.  It could be interesting.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 08:41:29 AM »

I just find it funny that Wandering would accuse you of making a suspiciously quick post on one day and then make an even more suspiciously quick post the next.

I really don't think I have anyting else to say at this point. I'm tired of arguing and it didn't do any good last time. Read the day four thread. Vudu's guilt should be obvious by now.

As this vote is a continuation of what happened yesterday I consider it late rather than early and anything but arbitrary.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 08:50:48 AM »

We need Captain Lavender. Right Now. We need him to bring back PALE as the Vigilante.
I have a feeling that Mario is waiting until the Rat is dead.  If he brings back the Rat then we'll know who all the mafia members are, not just one team.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 09:00:08 AM »
The problem is that we cannot wait for the Rat to die.  The number of townies vs. mafia is dead even - and since I'm too stupid to know who's who or who to trust, our best shot is to take Pale - at least then we'd be able to kill off all but one of the Mafia members.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 09:10:39 AM »
As of this point, I'm going to do exactly as I've said in PMs.  I'm going to board up my house and sit in my basement - which has one door - which has my shotgun pointed right at it.  I'm going to trust no one.  I'll phone my vote in later.  Maybe.  I might just vote for myself and end it all!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2006, 12:40:46 PM »
Okay, I'm out of options here.  I have to leave (my wife wants to go out tonight).  And I don't have a clue who to vote for.  So I'm giving my vote to whomever Mario brings back to life.  If Mario does *not* bring someone back to life, then we're pretty well screwed anyway.  If the polls aren't closed by the time I get home, then I still reserve the right to vote.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2006, 01:27:16 PM »
So, we still vote today?
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 01:28:06 PM »
Yes, please vote.  We're playing through the weekend.  I am off.  So vote vote VOTE!

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2006, 02:00:26 PM »
Wait, so will the vote end tomorrow or last all weekend?
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2006, 02:10:38 PM »
Polls close tonight.  And they will open tomorrow morning and close again that night, and so on.  I would shut the game down during the weekends last time because I was working, now I am not working, so VOTE.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »
I still think Vudu's Mafia...

VOTE VUDU!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2006, 02:36:07 PM »
I still think Stabby's Mafia...

VOTE STABBY!