Author Topic: GBA. Ambassador Games. Live. In North America. Now.  (Read 15791 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: GBA. Ambassador Games. Live. In North America. Now.
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 01:10:49 AM »
There was the tech-demoey-but-still-fun Touched (was basically a launch title) and DIY (2010 release, has more of a make-your-own aspect, makes for good mammary grappling games ALLEGEDLY). Of the two, Touched is closer to the original in concept.

There was also Twisted (fun game), Snapped! (download only, don't bother) and Party Games, the multi-player GCN port of the original (worth picking up if you like the original and have people to play it with).
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 01:13:34 AM »
I think Shaymin was specifically mentioning the WarioWare games that can be played on a 3DS.

If you wanted all WarioWare games, don't forget Smooth Moves for Wii and D.I.Y. Showcase for WiiWare.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2011, 01:30:13 AM »
I think Shaymin was specifically mentioning the WarioWare games that can be played on a 3DS.

Well, he just said "DS", so I suggested Twisted, in case he still has a DS/DS Lite.  It's worth picking up.

Snapped is downloadable on the 3DS via the eShop.  Warning him to stay away.

And I just suggested the GCN version since he mentioned he really liked the original... since it's basically the original with multi-player. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 02:11:51 AM »
If Nintendo wanted to, I don't think it would be hard to adapt Twisted for the 3DS' built-in accelerometer, once they start selling GBA games on the eShop (yes, I know they said they have no plans to do that, but you're crazy if you think Nintendo will leave all that easy money on the table for very long). Given their history of unwillingness to make even minor adaptations to be able to release Virtual Console games, though, it doesn't seem likely.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 02:16:28 AM »
I don't feel like looking it up right now (it's 2:15AM here), but didn't Nintendo only say they were not gonna be selling these 10 GBA Ambassador games? I don't think they said they wouldn't sell GBA games in general.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2011, 02:19:17 AM »
I don't feel like looking it up right now (it's 2:15AM here), but didn't Nintendo only say they were not gonna be selling these 10 GBA Ambassador games? I don't think they said they wouldn't sell GBA games in general.

I believe they simply said "no plans at this time".

Like how the day before they announced the DS Lite, they said they had "no plans" to announce a DS Revision.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2011, 02:22:14 AM »
LOL, I remember that because it was so funny. In that case it was someone from Nintendo of Europe who said that there was no plans for a DS revision.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2011, 02:24:02 AM »
They said, in typical Nintendo fashion, that they had "no plans" to release GBA games on the eShop. They didn't explicitly say that they would or wouldn't do anything in the future regarding the games, because Nintendo's PR department is much better at deception than they are at most other aspects of interacting with customers and the media.

J.P. Corbran

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2011, 02:40:31 AM »
They said, in typical Nintendo fashion, that they had "no plans" to release GBA games on the eShop. They didn't explicitly say that they would or wouldn't do anything in the future regarding the games, because Nintendo's PR department is much better at deception than they are at most other aspects of interacting with customers and the media.

I don't know if I'd say deception.  I'd say aside from "Hey, that sounds like a good idea to make money." Nintendo probably didn't, at the time, have any real plans outlined to release the GBA titles on the eShop.

Lord knows, if they said something like "eventually" or "later", the internet would be torn asunder from the whining of billions of fanboys crying "they promised...." every day until the day they were released... and probably a few days afterwards.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2011, 02:47:14 AM »
Well fine, going by the literal definition, they didn't have any real plans to do it, but I'm sure there wasn't a doubt in their mind that they fully intended to do it. The statement is worded in a way to make it sound like they weren't going to do it without actually saying it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2011, 01:46:48 PM »
Quick question related to the other Warioware releases.  Do they also have the crazy story and characters as in the first one?  I do enjoy the little games but I don't think I'll really get as much enjoyment out of them without the crazy vibe associated with the environment and story.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2011, 02:04:18 PM »
Okay, I'm confused... Sleep Mode doesn't work - but when I closed the system while playing Mario Kart, the screens and sound shut off?

Same thing happens wit BlazBlue CSII for 3DS, if Sleep Mode is not implemented, the game still "runs" normally even though the sound shuts off and the screens shuts off. So the battery drains almost as much as if you're actively playing the title. A Siliconera interview with one of the BB:CSII developers confirmed that Nintendo does not make sleep mode mandatory for software.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2011, 02:07:34 PM »
Quick question related to the other Warioware releases.  Do they also have the crazy story and characters as in the first one?  I do enjoy the little games but I don't think I'll really get as much enjoyment out of them without the crazy vibe associated with the environment and story.

I would say so, but the characters are consistent for the most part with every release so they usually re-appear though sometimes they add or remove some characters per release. You should try Made in Wario, the Wii WarioWare game. WarioWare Touched for the DS  is the mediocre game of the series but still enjoyable.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2011, 02:09:22 PM »
Made in Wario is called WarioWare: Smooth Moves outside of Japan, just so you don't get confused Manny.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2011, 02:33:12 PM »
A Siliconera interview with one of the BB:CSII developers confirmed that Nintendo does not make sleep mode mandatory for software.
That's a real shame. They spend so much time in the quality check process making sure logos are in their proper place and such, but not that important components are implemented? On the other hand, I'm not sure why the firmware doesn't handle this; it doesn't seem like something that devs should have to worry about anyway.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2011, 05:34:49 PM »
A Siliconera interview with one of the BB:CSII developers confirmed that Nintendo does not make sleep mode mandatory for software.
That's a real shame. They spend so much time in the quality check process making sure logos are in their proper place and such, but not that important components are implemented? On the other hand, I'm not sure why the firmware doesn't handle this; it doesn't seem like something that devs should have to worry about anyway.

I think it has to be done on a software level since I believe sleep mode is disabled during online multiplayer.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2011, 07:24:48 PM »
That doesn't preclude anything.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2011, 07:30:07 PM »
That doesn't preclude anything.

Why would you say that?

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2011, 04:05:58 PM »
Just dropping in to say that Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is ridiculously confusing.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?