Author Topic: Canadians, it's Pre-Order Time!  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Canadians, it's Pre-Order Time!
« on: July 15, 2006, 12:59:03 PM »
Futureshop is in the house.

No systems yet, but the games are all 69.99, same as 360. Could drop I guess.

Offline Doerr

• View Profile
RE: Canadians, it's Pre-Order Time!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 01:31:53 PM »
seems expensice since Nintendo said hat they wouldn't put the prices up more than gc games.
Toys R US has a bundle you can pre-order right now as well.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 05:11:23 PM »
Ooooooooooooooooooo, wicked, I still haven't decided if I will buy from them, EB, or my usual new-used games store. They have an estimated release date for games at November 30th, but I think that is was over-estimated. And the prices seem over-estimated too. It's a pity they don't have an estimate of the Wii price. I wished I worked at either EB or Futureshop. I'm gonna hold my pre-orders until a definitive launch, dateprices, and launch line-up are announced.  

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Canadians, it's Pre-Order Time!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 05:16:18 PM »
If the MSRP actually ends up being lower, do these game stores still charge the price point from the time your pre-ordered?

Also, on a slightly unrelated note, has anyone found any good pre-order options for the U.S. yet?
Thanks for listening.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 05:26:54 PM »

Originally posted by: Doerr
seems expensice since Nintendo said hat they wouldn't put the prices up more than gc games.
Toys R US has a bundle you can pre-order right now as well.

WHY MUST TOYS-R-US AMERICA MAKE US WAIT!?

Time to plan another invasion of Canada.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 08:41:55 PM »
I've noticed that Future Shop has had a whole Wii section for a while now that looks pretty good - it's a nice way of getting the word out before the marketing actually begins.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 05:20:16 AM »
I'm hoping after getting burned with the 360 and some other releases that retailers are waiting for their Quantities first.  Knowing that can't be true.  I'm hoping that NoA has just told retailers that you can't take Pre-Orders till we have the quantity available for each company known, the price, and the release date.  If I was in there situation thats exactly what I tell retailers.  That way no one gets shorted there Wii.  I also go as far as to put in a contract that their will be "Rush Manafacturing Fee" for every Wii that they sold Pre-ordered that they didn't have.  That would give companies more incentive to stop there lousy book keeping. ;D
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline joedick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 09:23:56 AM »
meh, it's not the games I'm worried about, it's the system! The games usually aren't too tough to come by.

Anyone who wants to pre-order from TRU Canada, keep in mind, it is for a bundle. You'll have to get two games and an extra controller. Which is fine, except I'm not sure if they choose the games or you do. I've been asking clerks at TRU and getting mixed answers.  

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 07:59:35 AM »
$70 CAN for a game wouldn't bother me too much since that's what Cube games used to cost at Futureshop and most stores when the Cube launched.  The $60 price for games is a relatively recent thing for us due to the Canadian dollar's value increasing in comparison to the US dollar.  So going back to $70, while annoying, wouldn't be quite so horrible since we're used to it.  I figure though that the Wii game prices will be lower.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 10:21:33 AM »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 10:31:39 AM »
Sorry for the double post but, OMG:
Amazon Canada - Red Steel

Amazon Canada - Cars

Now obviously both have a different release date, however I am more inclined to believe on the Red Steel release date of October 26, even though it's on a thursday. Also both prices are around the maximum price that I believe will be $59.99, amazon.ca sometimes has their games marked higher than competitors but I know the patern pretty well to know what they will cost if I get it from somewhere else.  

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 11:05:08 AM »
By contrast, Best Buy only has one title listed for the PS3, and that's Killzone for PS3.

I'm impressed about how "enthusiastic" the BB website is for the Wii. They used a great deal of the pictures and structure from the Wii website in theirs, and I can't help but wonder if BB did that of their own accord or if Nintendo offered them the necessary media and HTML code to do so.

Either retailers are being told by the higher-ups to prepare for the Wii which means that they see it as a potential huge seller or Nintendo is making a strong effort to educate and inform retailers so that they can properly prepare for the Wii.

Either way, it's a VERY good sign.

EDIT: From their Red Steel page:

Are you a bad enough dude to wield the Red Steel?

haha, awesome!

And the American BB site is the same: Iwata's picture on a retailer's website?!
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64