Author Topic: Possible Tax in Texas  (Read 7613 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:Possible Tax in Texas
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2006, 10:16:13 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
Bill, you're from SC.

Born a Texan, always a Texan...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Possible Tax in Texas
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2006, 10:33:12 AM »
What part of Texas?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006, 11:01:07 AM »
San Antonio!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006, 11:27:55 AM »
Boo.

Big up to Austin.  ::raises roof::
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006, 11:29:05 AM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
I know Jon! This year I kept waiting for it to snow; in September I said it will be any time now. Then when Halloween came and it was still mild, I was seriously wondering what the hell was happening. Then November, December AND January passed with only a few serious cold spells. As I speak, it's sunny and nearly all the snow has melted. What's happening?!?! Hopefully February is OK, then I'm home free..

And I'm probably in the minority here, but I thoroughly disagree with both the GST lowering and the money rebate. BUT, needless to say, that is another can of worms altogether..

Where in Canada do you live, IceCold?

There's a federal rebate of some sort too, isn't there?  I'd forgotten about that, since the provincial one would be larger for most people and is more immediate.  But I definitely won't say no to free money.  The last couple years I apprently filled in my tax return incorrectly, and they gave me multiple times more money than I was expecting.    I'm sure they could've just kept it, and I wouldn't've noticed, but instead they told me where I erred and gave it all to me.  Whatever the government's up to, Revenue Canada isn't dishonest at least.

But, uh, oh, it snowed today.  Looks like we might finally have a wintry season now.  Assuming it stays...

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2006, 07:40:56 PM »
I live in Calgary too.. I also wouldn't mind trading cities with Ian, if only to live in the same city as the Canucks
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2006, 08:33:41 AM »
I live in Edmonton.  Two bad there are only two game stores in all of West Edmonton Mall.  It's still the biggest mall in the world, for goodness sakes, and all they have is a CompuSmart Express (formerly CompuCentre), which is half-dedicated to games, and the only other store, Play Me, may be fully dedicated to games but their prices are insane.  Like, at one point, all new GameCube games were $90.  I remember looking for Animal Crossing for the GameCube and getting it for about half as much at Zellers.  Oh, yeah, Zellers has good prices and is in West Edmonton Mall, too, duh.  I've gotten a few games there.

Apparently Zellers and The Bay (which is more than twice as old as Canada itself...well, "Canada" as an independent country, anyway) were bought by Americans last week.

Is there any major Canadian chain left?

Americans own us.  Literally.

Offline Doerr

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2006, 11:11:05 AM »
Well Nice weather here in Ontario this weekend it was in the 10-12 deggres Celsius range.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2006, 05:40:07 PM »
Well, most of my game shopping is done at Superstore. I've got some great deals there, and nowdays they have this deal quite often where if you buy more than $30 worth of games, you get $10 off. Combine that with the fact that GameCube games drop in price relatively quickly these days, and you get Resident Evil 4 for $35 only three months after its release!

And yeah, I've been to that WEM game store.. the prices are just ridiculous. I couldn't believe that there were even people in there. I can't seem to remember; is it next to the ice rink? Or the.. hmm.. food court (sorry can't remember the Phase)? Anyway..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2006, 07:20:12 AM »
I am a Texan and right now I will tell you.  Anyone proposing any sort of tax in our state doesn't get elected.  Even stupid taxes like this.  

It won't happen, and I definately will not vote for anyone that ignorant.  

Though, I must admit I don't believe that story in the first place.  The rest of it sounds so idiotic that either to person wants to lose, or people are trying to smeer his campaign.