Author Topic: Ness is Release-Bound  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Ness is Release-Bound
« on: November 04, 2005, 02:19:49 PM »
EarthBound 2 (or Mother 3, depending on the region) is alive and well, according to series creator Shigetsao Itoi. Updated with the official game teaser site!

It's been a long time coming, but EarthBound / Mother creator Shigetsao Itoi has finally made an announcement regarding the ever-mysterious Mother 3 (or EarthBound 2, as it'll probably be called in the states) on his website. According to Starmen's translation, Itoi had this to say:    

"I've worried people quite a bit this whole time, but I'm happy to report that Mother 3 for Game Boy Advance is nearing release."    

Itoi admitted that he didn't want to say anything on the game until he was sure everything was exactly alright, but now that the title is this far along, he feels comfortable revealing its stability. Unfortunately, a precise date was not given, only the estimation of " about one season away" until the Japanese launch.    

So rest easy, Ness-lovers of the internet, your favorite series will in fact see the light of day again.    

UPDATE: NCL has posted a teaser site with logo for Mother 3.  Check it out!

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Ness is Release-Bound
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 08:01:44 PM »
Thank the maker.  

But...I remember someone saying they were going to port what they had to the DS...or was that just a tactless rumor?
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 08:26:29 PM »
The day screens first come to light will be one of the happiest days of my gaming existence... =D
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 09:37:53 PM »
Being HAL, expect this in 2007, when the updated port of kirby gc comes out for rev

Offline Doerr

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 02:31:44 AM »
about damn time

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Ness is Release-Bound
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 04:20:14 AM »
I didn't understand the whole point of the scratch-and-sniff cards that came with EarthBound, but if they moved the sequel to the DS, then they could at least have some in-game scratching!

The DS needs more RPGs, if only because touch-screen menus would be so handy.  More room, then, for wacky psychedelic, trippy, drug-induced/inspired background visuals during battle!

There are still multiple more GBA owners than DS owners, so I guess they'll feel more comfortable continuing a not-that-well-known franchise where it'll probably sell better.  If only they could find a way to make it a killer app for the DS (though you'd think with Nintendogs, Mario Kart DS, and AC:WW than any Nintendo gamer would surely get one by this holiday season if not already).

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
RE:Ness is Release-Bound
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 12:46:51 PM »
Tears of joy have been pouring out of me.
I can't wait to hear some story about this game.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.